Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 186
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 153
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223417
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119068
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6720
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309402
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61885
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 549
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20198
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169088
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6242
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 748
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5722
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61081
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274915
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 865
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24802

Request- Checking R1110Y1 Bios for Intel P9600 compatibility
#1
Hello, I'm new to the forum. Forgive me if I make any mistakes. I have a Sony Vaio Sr29vn model laptop. Current features are Intel P8600, Ati HD3470 256Mb, 2x2Gb DDR2 800Mhz, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD. Since it is a laptop that I enjoy using, I want to upgrade it. I can buy P9600 processor if it supports Bios. I would also be happy if you could check whether it supports 2x4gb DDR2 800Mhz ram. If there is any information or screenshot you want, I can send it to you. Bios version is R1110Y1, version R1130Y1 is also available, I will need to update it if necessary. (For years, I have not installed Bios updates unless necessary. If it works, there is no need to touch it Smile I know the update notes.) Thank you in advance.
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot with Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
[Image: 92mdboo]
(07-26-2024, 01:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot with Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Attached.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#4
Make a current BIOS dump.
find
quote
#5
(07-27-2024, 01:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make a current BIOS dump.

I did some research but it's still not clear. Can you recommend a program? I have the exe of the R1130Y1 version, I can try to convert it too. I attached it also. I tried to extract it with 7z but it gave "There are some data after the end of the payload data." error.


Attached Files
.rar   EP0000209852.rar (Size: 1.22 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#6
R1130Y1 & R1120Y1 have support for P9600, but you asked for R1110Y1
Try to use simple Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit
find
quote
#7
(07-28-2024, 02:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: R1130Y1 & R1120Y1 have support for P9600, but you asked for R1110Y1
Try to use simple Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit

Okay, I got the backup. It is attached. I think it supports 2x4Gb RAM, if you can see it from there, I would happy it if you could check it out. Thanks.


Attached Files
.rar   R1110Y1.rar (Size: 916.86 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#8
Yes, current BIOS supports P9600 too.
And this laptop supports 2x4GB DDR2, but they are expensive.
find
quote
#9
(07-28-2024, 04:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Yes, current BIOS supports P9600 too.
And this laptop supports 2x4GB DDR2, but they are expensive.

Thank you for everthing. As far as I remember, the novelty of the R1130Y1 bios update was hyper threading support. Do you think this will increase performance in  normal use? Should I do it?
find
quote
#10
(07-28-2024, 04:33 AM)Rediron Wrote: the novelty of the R1130Y1 bios update was hyper threading support.
No.
(07-28-2024, 04:33 AM)Rediron Wrote: Do you think this will increase performance in  normal use?
I don't think so. But you can try.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)