Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224576
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[Request] HP DV6-6145dx sp54724 Whitelist w/ Bluetooth Removal Needed
#1
I have decided to swap my laptop's wifi card out for an Intel Centrino 6235 w/Bluetooth. I tried the confirmed bios mod listed in the repository but I get the error message of Error 704 Bluetooth Module not supported (or something similar to that). The link for the original firmware, as well as, the device ID for the original card is listed below. I am willing to test anything you can come up with. No worries about bricking the bios.

SP54724 direct link - - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54724.exe
Original Device ID - PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00

Thanks for your help. I see a donation in someone's future. Even if this doesn't work, I appreciate any help given.
find
quote
#2
(03-23-2013, 12:52 PM)lamborgina Wrote: I have decided to swap my laptop's wifi card out for an Intel Centrino 6235 w/Bluetooth. I tried the confirmed bios mod listed in the repository but I get the error message of Error 704 Bluetooth Module not supported (or something similar to that). The link for the original firmware, as well as, the device ID for the original card is listed below. I am willing to test anything you can come up with. No worries about bricking the bios.

SP54724 direct link - - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54724.exe
Original Device ID - PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00

Thanks for your help. I see a donation in someone's future. Even if this doesn't work, I appreciate any help given.

Have you found a fix for this? I too have this problem when trying to use a Ralink 3592.
find
quote
#3
Based on the reports here, I'm just wondering if anybody has looked into this and may be working on a revised BIOS mod for F21 (sp54724).

I have the exact same system and Ralink card (5390). Ralink *sucks*. I've never had such an anemic network card for a post Win XP laptop as this one. Not only does it have less signal strength, I end up with peculiar periodic network lag with sites like "gmail.com" unable to even function properly (probably due to the heavyweight of flash software that this Ralink wifi card can't keep up with).

If not, then I imagine all that is left to do is a direct hex edit to substitute one or more unsupported network cards in place of ones that HP restricted (what I consider the computer corporate blunder of the 21st century).
find
quote
#4
^ Just to follow up on my post, no direct hex editing to revise supported WiFi cards is going to help, if the RSA signed BIOS check will be flagged with a change to the files.

Incidentally, I ran the Phoenix Tool on the BIOS installer and discovered that a Ralink RT3592 is indeed supported, but you just have to be sure that you're purchasing the right one. There is more than one "flavor" of this WiFi card. The one you want is internally numbered for HP installations, with model number 3592BC8 (with Bluetooth) and the product number is 630813-001. I have one on order and expect it in about another 10 days.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)