Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224535
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Request] HP Envy 15 1110ea
#1
Hello, could someone help me with this issue please? 

I have an HP Envy 1110ea running Windows 7 64Bit which uses the following 
BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50600.exe. 

I cannot afford to replace this Laptop yet. 

I recently upgraded the Processor to an i7-920XM, I have installed 16GB of Ram to keep me running. 

However I am unable to upgrade the GPU on the Motherboard (ATI-5830). 

I purchased a GDC Beast V8.0 and mini PCIe to HDMI adapter in the hope I could run the GDC Beast adapter into an old AMD R9 280x for OpenCL work. The adapter is shown here: 

https://www.banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Vers...11222.html

If I remove my Wireless Card and I connect the GDC Beast cable and adapter and R9 280x via the mini Pcie Slot for the Wireless Card and I try to boot into Windows 7 I get a blank screen on the laptop and no output from the video card at all. 

If I just connect the GDC Beast cable (the HDMI side disconnected)  I see Error 107 complaining that the Wireless Card is not HP approved or is missing.  It asks me to press any key to continue. I can then boot into Windows 7 64bit but I cannot see the R9 280x or the GDC Beast Adapter. 

I think this behaviour may be because the Wireless Card is whitelisted, and since the GDC Beast adapter is not on the Whitelist or the Wifi Card is removed ... the mini PCIe port gets disabled if I enter continue and boot into Windows 7. 

I downloaded the following and updated my BIOS in the hope that it would ignore the check for the wireless card and let me run with the GDC Beast Adapter and R9 280x instead: 

https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...miloml.exe

However running the above modified BIOS I see the same behaviour - I still see the 107 error if I just connect the GDC adapter cable or I get no video output at all if I connect the GDC adapter cable and Adapter and R9 280x card. 

I forgot to mention that the GDC Beast adapter and R9 280x works fine on an older Toshiba Laptop I have, I simply removed the Wireless Card and I connected the same setup and it works fine. The issue is not the GDC Beast Adapter. 

Any advice / help really appreciated. 

Thanks.
find
quote
#2
Here is the message I see on booting up with the GDC mini PCIe to HDMI adapter connected.
The HDMI connection is not connected to the GDC Beast HDMI input in this case.

HP Wireless Module not found.
The System has detected that the Wireless module is not installed correctly or is not functioning.
Wireless Module (701).
find
quote
#3
(06-26-2017, 12:35 PM)colesdav Wrote: Here is the message I see on booting up with the GDC mini PCIe to HDMI adapter connected.
The HDMI connection is not connected to the GDC Beast HDMI input in this case.

HP Wireless Module not found.
The System has detected that the Wireless module is not installed correctly or is not functioning.
Wireless Module (701).
find
quote
#4
Hello,

Could someone on this forum who is a BIOS Modding Expert please respond to this post and give me some advice or thoughts on why
a whitelisted_removed  BIOS for the HP Envy 15 1110ea will not work with the EXP Beast GDC V8.0 mini PCIe to PCIe external GPU adapter?

I am completely new to BIOS Modding, but as far as I understand it, HP Envy 15-1000 series laptops only allow certain wireless cards to be used in the
mini-PCIe slot. I was under the impression that if this whitelist was removed, I should be able to insert and at least see any PCIe compliant adapter in the mini PCIe slot, and my laptop should at least boot up.

Possibly my impression is wrong of course. It seems so based on my experience so far.


Here some videos demonstrating my best attempt to boot into HP Envy 15-1110ea with EXP GDC Beast V8.0 connected in the mini PCIe Wireless Slot.

In this case the power is supplied to the GDC Beast using a Corsair SF600 PSU.

For Testing in these videos:

(1). The Laptop has 2GB of Ram installed. (I removed 4 of 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks and inserted one of 2GB DDR3 in primary RAM slot for this test)
       The amount of RAM was reduced because some EXP GDC Beast users reported issues with not being able to get the adapter to wotrk with >2GB         memory. There can be a problem with TOLUD (Top of Low Useable DRAM) on some systems, inserting a 2GB Ram stick is a quick workaround.

(2). The laptop processor is an i7-920XM. (I had previously upgraded the processor from an i7-720QM to an i7-920XM).
(3). The Discrete GPU in the laptop is an ATI Mobility Radeon 5830 series.
(4). The ATI 5830 GPU is disabled in Windows Device Manager.
(5). In this test I am using the modified BIOS https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...miloml.exe) downloaded from this website.
(6). The operating system used is Windows 7 64bit running the latest patches. The OS is cllean.
(7) There are two switches on the EXP GDC Beast.

(7A). Switch 1 is named ATX PW. It is inaccessable (plastic cover over switch). It has two positions, OFF, and ON. The position of the switch is as supplied, as I cannot access it. It is set to position ON.
(7B). Switch 2 is named  PTD. It has 3 positions. 15S, 7S, OFF. I have tried all three, no difference in behaviour seen.  

(1). Video showing what happens when I try to boot up with the GDC EXP Beast Powered on.

https://plays.tv/s/LKBmeHEqefia

(2). Video showing what happens when I try to boot up with the GDC EXP Beast Powered off.

https://plays.tv/s/LKBpKyiCidWe

(3). Video showing error message detail when I try to boot up with the GDC EXP Beast Powered off.

https://plays.tv/s/LKBpX6M9l2XY

I would be very grateful is someone could point me to how I could get started to debug why the EXP GDC Beast will not boot with my
HP Envy 15-1110ea using the provided "whitelist removed" BIOS.

I will be contacting EXP Beast GDC V8.0 manufacturer for advice. HP forum responses seem to stop at the level of ... "we do not support modding BIOS" use a supported device.

Thanks.
find
quote
#5
Hello,

I have managed to get the Sapphire R9 280x OC 3GB Vapor-X Tri-X to run as an eGPU with the EXP GDC Beast v8.0 on the modded HP Envy 15- 1110ea
Modded specs are: (Full HD 1080p screen, dual 1TB SSD, i7-920XM CPU, ATI Mobility HD5830 with 1GB of DDR3 Vram, 2GB of DDR3 Ram for the eGPU Test).

I need to do some more work to see if I can get it working with 16GB of Ram installed, however I have run out of time today.
I have done some initial testing and I see the following Performance Increase with testing of Crysis 2 Maximuk edition at 1080p with all graphic settings including textures on Ultra.

HD5830 = 1-10 FPS = unplayable.
R9 280x 3GB = 30 - 60 FPS = playable.

I was running with the modded BIOS available on this site.
I need to do some more work to test if your modded BIOS was definitely needed or if the setup still works with the original HP BIOS for the HP Envy 15-1110ea.
Thanks anyhow.
find
quote
#6
Hello.

Got this laptop. Current BIOS is F.26 (04/23/2010), latest is F.2B. Want to install mini PCI-e eGPU riser and to use the advanced features of BIOS.

I know that this subforum is only about settings unlock, but I don't want to create two identical topics in Whitelist removal and here, therefore I ask to both remove whitelist and unlock the settings.

Could anyone please help me?

Link to the BIOS update: BIOS (HP)
find
quote
#7
I need advanced settings for this BIOS 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-5...p50600.exe

Thank you!!!!!
find
quote
#8
Hello,

@colesdav


I am relatively new to this forum, and concept of BIOS modding as well as eGPU...

However I have spent the better part of a week now doing some in depth research on this site and many others about how to get this exact situation to work but for a RSA signed f.67 BIOS. However in your case Bios-Mods already has a fantastic repository of already modded BIOS that can be flashed that should fix exactly what you are talking about.

https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...miloml.exe

That link should match your BIOS based on what you have previously mention. It should remove the whitelist issue that blocks the ePCI slot from working.

Please take some time to look into what that file does before you move forward with it. Use at you're own risk. Make a backup USB recovery drive before hand. Etc etc. 

Good luck!
Let me know how it goes!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)