Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424482
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224579
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169344
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[Request] HP dv7-6187cl WLAN and Bluetooth whitelist removal
#1
Hello folks! I have a HP dv7-6187cl laptop, and just got a new WLAN/bluetooth module, only to find out that HP would really like to sell you one of their modules, instead of you (gasp!) trying to save some money and get one that you would like to use yourself.

Anyway, I did some googling, and ended up here.

I tried the sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe BIOS, which works for the WLAN part, but not Bluetooth. Is there a modded version available that would take care of Bluetooth as well?

Here's the vanilla BIOS link:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ninja edit: The ID of the adapter in question is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_40628086&REV_C4 (if that matters)...
Ninja edit 2: The ID of the original HP adapter is PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103&REV_01

peace

stereo
find
quote
#2
(04-24-2013, 11:07 AM)stereomind Wrote: Hello folks! I have a HP dv7-6187cl laptop, and just got a new WLAN/bluetooth module, only to find out that HP would really like to sell you one of their modules, instead of you (gasp!) trying to save some money and get one that you would like to use yourself.

Anyway, I did some googling, and ended up here.

I tried the sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe BIOS, which works for the WLAN part, but not Bluetooth. Is there a modded version available that would take care of Bluetooth as well?

Here's the vanilla BIOS link:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ninja edit: The ID of the adapter in question is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_40628086&REV_C4 (if that matters)...
Ninja edit 2: The ID of the original HP adapter is PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103&REV_01

peace

stereo

My research tells me your new adapter is:
"Intel Centrino Wireless-N2230" - 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0 Half Mini PCIe Card/Module.
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pub...-brief.pdf

The BIOS treats any old or new WLAN (Wi-Fi) module as one physical WLAN module. There is only one WLAN White List in your BIOS and you have successfully removed it thanks to Camiloml's wonderful work.

I understand the main/Wi-Fi part of your new WLAN module already works – you have found and installed some generic driver for it.

To make work the Bluetooth addition of the module you need the right driver(s) for it. Use Intel extensive support for its wireless products:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless
find
quote
#3
(04-24-2013, 07:11 PM)Gueorgui Wrote:
(04-24-2013, 11:07 AM)stereomind Wrote: --snip--

My research tells me your new adapter is:
"Intel Centrino Wireless-N2230" - 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0 Half Mini PCIe Card/Module.
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pub...-brief.pdf

The BIOS treats any old or new WLAN (Wi-Fi) module as one physical WLAN module. There is only one WLAN White List in your BIOS and you have successfully removed it thanks to Camiloml's wonderful work.

I understand the main/Wi-Fi part of your new WLAN module already works – you have found and installed some generic driver for it.

To make work the Bluetooth addition of the module you need the right driver(s) for it. Use Intel extensive support for its wireless products:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless

That's what I was hoping for, too, but once I installed the adapter and powered up the laptop, I got a similar error during POST as I did with the WiFi adapter initially, but it specifically mentioned that the Bluetooth adapter I was using was not compatible. I will take a pic of the screen tomorrow.
Again, this was during POST, not inside the OS. I can suspend the laptop, change out the adapters, and it would work after unsuspending, but it will still not POST with the combo adapter installed.

I can provide any other details that might help....

peace,

stereo
find
quote
#4
Here's what I get with the sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml BIOS and the Intel combo radio installed:

[Image: aVAdaQU.jpg]

With the stock BIOS, I get the same screen, but it complains about the WiFi device instead of Bluetooth.


Weird, huh :/


stereo

Ok, I'm dumb. Didn't search hard enough:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...dv6-6153CA

You peeps are awesome Big Grin


stereo
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)