Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 13996
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424451
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 281
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224512
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119170
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6788
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 407
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309721
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169318
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Request] Packard Bell SB85 unlock hidden tabs and settings
#1
Hi there,

I have an old Packard Bell SB85 laptop. I'm very happy with, and i'm doing to upgrade it (change cpu for X9000, change battery, and change LCD screen to pass at WUXGA resolution, i checked, and it can work!)


I know it's an old model, but I tell myself that as long as it works well for what I do why change it? and I do not like throwing material.

Can you please modify this bios? here

Before my request, i tried to use an other bios from this forum: request for SB87 model

SB87 and SB85 seem to be very similar, in fact i was expecting only different amounts of RAM, HDD and GDDR between them.
But after flashing the modified bios, the LCD screen remained black, nothing on the DVI and HDMI outputs, though it booted "normally" (except for a long beep followed by two short).
I think because SB85 have PM965 chipset (without IGP, contrary to GM965). 
When I looked at the hidden options that had been added (with PBE), I saw that there was some for the IGP, but yet the graphics card selected by default was PEG ...

I was also surprised to find the same strings about the same options hidden in my original bios ...
Then, the file PB34A05.bin that I recovered came from an executable named "en_sb85_86_88_bios_4a05.exe" ...
To finally think that the bios of SB87 would be compatible was a mistake and I would have to doubt it just in the name of the exe.

Blindly, i was able to boot on the usb and reflash the original bios but I was very afraid anyway ^^.
I could also recover the old bios on a second motherboard to restore it, (I have a good experience in smd components)

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and congratulations for all that you do, it's awesome :Smile 
Have a nice weekend,
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)