Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424323
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224219
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309639
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169220
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61167

[Request] Support for Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 on board ASRcok B150M Pro4
#31
(11-20-2021, 04:35 AM)NVimod Wrote: does this mod works with 1270 v5?
I think so.
find
quote
#32
This bios mod or (bios older than 7.10 with me_cleaner) works for me with Xeon E3-1240 V6.
But daisy chaining of ram no longer works I can use either channels A1,A2 or B1,B2 but not simultaneously (I extensively checked with many ram modules and shuffled them so there is no HW error, and B1,2 or A1,2 works when exclusively populated) even though BIOS and CPU-Z will report all memory channels populated and full capacity, but OS either windows or Linux will only use one pair.

Maybe Xeon does not supports daisy chaining (since 1151 cpus in only support 2 memory channels).
But correct me if I am wrong (because I might be) and then please advise me how to solve this situation if you know how.
Thanks
find
quote
#33
This motherboard has only 2 memory channels: A and B.
Read the manual (p. 15) - https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B150M%20Pro4.pdf
Check your Xeon with other motherboard.
find
quote
#34
(03-14-2025, 10:17 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard has only 2 memory channels: A and B.
Read the manual (p. 15) - https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B150M%20Pro4.pdf
Check your Xeon with other motherboard.

Currently I populated A1 and A2 slots. And system is running in dual channel mode.
If I also populate B1 and B2 they are reported in BIOS and CPUZ but are not used in OS (windows and linux)
But If I swap the same RAM from B1,2 and put it to A1,2 and leave B1,2 unpopulated the ram works fine in dual channel.
Also I could just populate B1,2 with same ram and leave A1,2 blank and RAM still works in dual channel mode.
find
quote
#35
(03-14-2025, 12:18 PM)biospains Wrote: Currently I populated A1 and A2 slots. And system is running in dual channel mode.
Show a photo of motherboard with these DIMMs installed.
find
quote
#36
(03-14-2025, 03:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-14-2025, 12:18 PM)biospains Wrote: Currently I populated A1 and A2 slots. And system is running in dual channel mode.
Show a photo of motherboard with these DIMMs installed.

My apologies I mixed it up it is A1,B1. And only A1,B1 or A2,B2 works. But A2,B2 does not if they are all (4) populated.
find
quote
#37
Photo 
(03-14-2025, 03:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-14-2025, 12:18 PM)biospains Wrote: Currently I populated A1 and A2 slots. And system is running in dual channel mode.
Show a photo of motherboard with these DIMMs installed.

Any ideas please ? I can't find out what seems to be a problem. I digged trough all bios settings and tried everything.
[Image: 9FpsB6qR_t.jpg] [Image: JeDdCfqo_t.jpg]

If I populate just two slots everyting works fine but with all 4 it will show correct size in BIOS and all sticks in CPU-Z but it will not work in OS neither Windows 11 or Linux. A2 and B2 will simply be ignored (Win11 task manager will show slots as unpopulated.).
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)