Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424471
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224556
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169332
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

[Request] Unlock Bios 123B for Compal HEL80
#1
Hi,

I have a laptop with Compal HEL80 motherboard with Intel dual core chipset (Bios 123B of 24/08/2007) with Windows 10 Pro 64bit (in attachment).

I recently increasing RAM bringing it to 4GB (previously installed 3GB). The system recognizes installed 4GB but I can use only 3GB (even the bios "counts" 3072 MB) Dodgy .  How can I use all 4 GB installed?  Can I do this by unlocking hidden options from bios?

       

Thank you


Michael
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make CPU-Z TXT Report and post a fragment from it beginning with "Description Host Bridge" ending with next "Description ".
Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Input/Output (IO). This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: ioaddress.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.
find
quote
#3
Here attachments Wink 

Thank you


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote
#4
I've already seen it.
Where is other requested information?
find
quote
#5
You're right, but now I'm writing with another PC.  Attachments I sent had saved them yesterday, to send you another screenshot that I have to wait until Tuesday to return at Compal PC... so I send you other information you have requested...

Thank you a lot for patience Blush

Michael
find
quote
#6
Hi DeathBringer,

I was able today to retrieve the information you had asked me... I saved in the attachments: 
1) TXT reports with descriptions of "Description Host Bridge" and I also put the TXT report with all (just in case). 
2) The screenshot of CPU that I didn't sent you yesterday. 
3) The screenshots from the Device Manager with input and output (are two files because I could not keep him in one piece).


Thank you


Michael


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           

.txt   CPUZ-Z TXT report (only description host bridge).txt (Size: 1.56 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   CPUZ-Z TXT report (with all).txt (Size: 64.65 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#7
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0xC0000000 address is used by internal devices. So only 3072 Mb are available. It can't be changed by any BIOS patches.
find
quote
#8
Ok, I see...  only need 4BG, not above... it can be overclocking?

Thank you
find
quote
#9
Try to ask somebody else for overclocking.
find
quote
#10
I told overclocking, but if there is another way to recognize those 4GB of memory for me is equally well. Any way is fine.... you know any way?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)