Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Last Post: Tim82
Today 09:08 AM
» Replies: 508
» Views: 101030
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2516
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40957
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 330
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55301
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64127
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167114
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 235
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 122
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317051

[Request] Unlock bios Asus X555LA
Photo 
Hello, my laptop is an Asus X555LA with i3-4005U 1.7Ghz CPU. Can someone unlock X555LA Bios? I tried to unlock it myself, but this is all i get     
System info     
Bios link https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/X555LA/H..._Download/
When i start laptop with an eGPU connected to mPCI-e, i get video out only from external display (eGPU) Internal display stays off all the time, and Device manager does not detect integrated GPU, only eGPU. And when i`am trying to install video driver i get "NVIDIA installer failed". I manage to install an older driver, but after restart it gets in boot loop.
I want to unlock bios to see if ther is an option to start laptop from internal display, when eGPU is connected. Thank you Smile
find
Do you have flash programmer? If not, order one now CH341A + SOIC8 test clip cable), this way if you get black screen or bricked BIOS you can recovery. This should be in your hand any time you try to adjust laptop graphics setting like this because when it fails you can't see screen in order to reset BIOS, and this is common when trying to do this on laptops too because it's rare that it works

I will check BIOS tonight for you and see if I can unlock, or if not what options you have and if you can change them via grub/setup_var or H20UVE
find
(03-11-2019, 02:06 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Do you have flash programmer?  If not, order one now CH341A + SOIC8 test clip cable), this way if you get black screen or bricked BIOS you can recovery.  This should be in your hand any time you try to adjust laptop graphics setting like this because when it fails you can't see screen in order to reset BIOS, and this is common when trying to do this on laptops too because it's rare that it works

I will check BIOS tonight for you and see if I can unlock, or if not what options you have and if you can change them via grub/setup_var or H20UVE

I don`t have a programer, but i will buy one only if i brick BIOS, because i have another laptop Smile    Thank you!
find
You're welcome! Order flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable now now, it's cheap and everyone should have, especially if you want to mess around with mod BIOS or changing laptop graphic options. Best to order and have it on it's way then wait and order later.

To unlock your BIOS using my method, please Download HWINFO64 and on the large window expand motherboard section on the left, look for ME section and get the ME Firmware version. Then from this page, in section "C", download the matching ME System Tools package.
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Inside you will find a Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select the Win/Win32 folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (not power shell). Then run the following command and send me the created file to modify.
FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 without command prompt option (needs to be admin CMD Prompt, which above method will open, start menu way will not), then here is how to get it back
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-command-prompt-power-user-menu-windows-10-creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-command-window-here-back-context-menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-windows-10-command-prompt-administrator-privileges

Before you can flash back the mod BIOS I will send you, you'll need to boot to Grub and use setup_var to unlock BIOS lock. Here's a guide I wrote about doing this, you can start at step #6 because I've done steps 1-5 for you (info below)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Your BIOS lock variable to change in Grub >> 0xB3
Rename your .efi file to >> Shell.efi
At grub prompt you'll type the following >> setup_var 0xB3 0x0

If you already know correct version of AFU that actually flashes mod BIOS for your system then we can use that instead of the above method. If you do know this let me know and I'll mod stock BIOS instead, otherwise we have to do as above or you'll loose your serial, UUID, DTS keys, and possibly LAN MAC ID too.

I can unlock this BIOS, so only waiting on your FPT biosreg backup

As for your concerns, here's the settings I see that can help once we get you unlocked

I think, enabling Chipset >> PCH I/O >> PCI Express Root Port xx >> Detect Non-Compliance Device set to enabled might help, whichever port is being used

Also, Chipset >> System Agent >> Graphics Config >> Primary Display (iGFX, PEG, PCIE) testing each of those may help as well. Below that, you can also set primary PEG and Primary PCIE. Also, in this section you can disable Integrated graphics if needed.

Additionally Chipset >> System Agent >> Graphics Config >> LCD Control - you can set Primary and secondary IGFX Boot Display (CRT, EFP, LFP, EFP2, EFP3, LFP2)

First setting I mentioned above, is also inside Chipset >> System Agent >> PEG Port Config >> Detect Non-Compliance Device, you can also enable/disable PEG here
find
Sorry for late reply, i was sleeping, and then i had this cmd error "Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows). tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account" It took me almost 2 hours to figure what the problem was, and to put "Open command window here as administrator" in the context menu Smile)
Created file link http://www.mediafire.com/file/b2g92jcmyb...g.bin/file
And i don`t know the corect version of AFU Sad Thank you!
find
Yes, sorry about that, Win10 sucks, that's why I included those links to fix the Win10 rubbish issue! Big Grin
It's OK, I don't know AFU version either and there is so many versions to try that may or may not work, may only appear to flash but never actually flash etc, so you'd have to try 10-20 different versions/commands to try and figure it out.

That is why I prefer doing FPT instead, but only downside to that is that each BIOS is specific to user that dumps it, other people can't use the BIOS I unlock for you or they loose their board specific details, so each new unlock must be done on a per user basis with this method.

Here is mod BIOS, please flash M1 first, then if no chipset flash M2. There may still be missing settings, you'll have to show me images of all settings you can see after this inside advanced (Didn't touch, show me all subsections and settings within) and chipset (all sections show me). If you take a bunch of images of these pages, please resize them if using good camera, I don't need 3-5MB images of each, not even 1MB required. Then please zip all into one file and upload.

BIOS Lock must be already disabled per above, before you can flash these. (After each flash this will not be required, I unlocked already in these)
Flash via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f filename.bin

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8798095268
find
(03-12-2019, 01:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, sorry about that, Win10 sucks, that's why I included those links to fix the Win10 rubbish issue! Big Grin
It's OK, I don't know AFU version either and there is so many versions to try that may or may not work, may only appear to flash but never actually flash etc, so you'd have to try 10-20 different versions/commands to try and figure it out.  

That is why I prefer doing FPT instead, but only downside to that is that each BIOS is specific to user that dumps it, other people can't use the BIOS I unlock for you or they loose their board specific details, so each new unlock must be done on a per user basis with this method.

Will work on BIOS and get it to you tonight

Ok, Thank you Smile
find
Looks like maybe you missed my edit, not sure how that happened, your post was an hour after my last edit? Big Grin

See above ^^ post #6
find
I have flashed "M1" BIOS with success  Smile  
BIOS images http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...1744582443
Thank you very much!  Smile Big Grin
find
Great, you're welcome and thanks for report back, I will check images and see if anything missing.
I see some options missing in Advanced, which I didn't touch earlier, only chipset I was enabling for you. Do you want rest unlocked too?
I also see a few in chipset that could be further made visible too. None of this I looked at in regards to your original concerns though, only looking at visible vs hidden in these comments.
find