Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167389
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71419
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22099
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41044
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317320
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101115
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 345
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55360
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4108
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 154
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52239
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 247
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

Sabertooth X58 Bios mod
(03-06-2019, 12:15 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, if I was there I'd fix for you too! Big Grin

If you have good steady hands, and good eyesight, then you "may" be able to correct the pin with an empty mechanical pencil barrel or a needle.  Only attempt this if you have both of the above (Good sight, and steady hands), otherwise you can easily break off the pin, pin tip, or bend/break other pins around the bent one.  All that depends on how badly, and how the pin is bent.

i think i am up for the task, coz the bend pin is at the side, not in the middle ;-)

[Image: 53530382_2047070248743494_58368986816886...e=5D247987]
find
(03-06-2019, 12:32 PM)Chris2102 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:15 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome, if I was there I'd fix for you too! Big Grin

If you have good steady hands, and good eyesight, then you "may" be able to correct the pin with an empty mechanical pencil barrel or a needle.  Only attempt this if you have both of the above (Good sight, and steady hands), otherwise you can easily break off the pin, pin tip, or bend/break other pins around the bent one.  All that depends on how badly, and how the pin is bent.

Will try to fix it after eating, then i will get back with some results  ;-)
find
Second pin down, top right corner, outer right edge, correct? If yes, that can be easily fixed if you are careful, nudge it left until in place, may need a little budge down as well one in place, but be careful the less you move it the better.

Be extremely careful of the tip if you are using a needle or something like that, don't use the tip itself to move or align, it will snap right off. Use the base/leg to do the moving, or carefully insert entire pin into mechanical pencil tip, then move it sideways a little at a time.

That pin (A5 = BPM#[1]) is not memory related, so may not be the only one bent, but it says it must be terminated so making non-contact may be causing other things to fail I suppose.
Quote:BPM#[7:0] are breakpoint and performance monitor signals. They are outputs from the processor that indicate the status of breakpoints and programmable counters used for monitoring processor performance. BPM#[7:0] should be connected in a wired OR topology between all packages on a platform. The end points for the wired OR connections must be terminated

If you need me to check your images before you put CPU back in, please take some new ones, not from above, but from off to the side looking into the socket, without any flash but in a bright lit room.
find
(03-06-2019, 02:28 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Second pin down, top right corner, outer right edge, correct?  If yes, that can be easily fixed if you are careful, nudge it left until in place, may need a little budge down as well one in place, but be careful the less you move it the better.  

Be extremely careful of the tip if you are using a needle or something like that, don't use the tip itself to move or align, it will snap right off.  Use the base/leg to do the moving, or carefully insert entire pin into mechanical pencil tip, then move it sideways a little at a time.

That pin (A5 = BPM#[1]) is not memory related, so may not be the only one bent, but it says it must be terminated so making non-contact may be causing other things to fail I suppose.  
Quote:BPM#[7:0] are breakpoint and performance monitor signals. They are outputs from the processor that indicate the status of breakpoints and programmable counters used for monitoring processor performance. BPM#[7:0] should be connected in a wired OR topology between all packages on a platform. The end points for the wired OR connections must be terminated

If you need me to check your images before you put CPU back in, please take some new ones, not from above, but from off to the side looking into the socket, without any flash but in a bright lit room.

Hi again, i dont see any other bend pins, i took some more pictures ,its not easy to take a pic from the right angle, so that all pins can be seen

https://unsee.cc/15415063/  try if you can see the pictures on this link, so that they are not downscaled.

Thx for taking the time to look at this, i just bought this board, coz i still have 24gb of corsair vengance and a xeon w3670 on the shelf, so might aswell use it for something ;-) if i can get it running
find
You're welcome. Sorry, no images at the link you provided? It was just an upload page for me.
Put them in a zip or 7zip file, and upload here - tinyupload.com

If you take image from one side, then half can be seen properly, then from other side, other half can be seen properly. I know what you mean though, it's tough sometimes to get good pin images. I sell boards all the time, so I'm used to perfect ways to take these images, I guess it's hard to explain though, I could send some example I took if you want, so you can get an idea of best way/angle to use. But, lets wait and see if I can see your images OK
find
(03-06-2019, 10:34 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You're welcome.  Sorry, no images at the link you provided?  It was just an upload page for me.
Put them in a zip or 7zip file, and upload here - tinyupload.com

If you take image from one side, then half can be seen properly, then from other side, other half can be seen properly.  I know what you mean though, it's tough sometimes to get good pin images.  I sell boards all the time, so I'm used to perfect ways to take these images, I guess it's hard to explain though, I could send some example I took if you want, so you can get an idea of best way/angle to use.  But, lets wait and see if I can see your images OK

Hi again, the tinyupload did not work, so i tried a different site

Hope this works. 
I just want to give you some more info on my problem with this board.
If i install 3 sticks of 4gb then the stick in B1 dimm will not show up, and i noticed also that the computer reboots 2 to 3 times before going into windows if there is a stick installed in the B1 dimm.
If there is only 1 stick installed in the A1 dimm the computer boots up directly, there are a lot of people with this exact same problem on the net.
The cpu cooler is a cooler master master air ma610p, the system is not installed in any case, just on a cardboard on the table.

I have another computer with a gigabyte x58 that is running with 12 gb without any problems, and i have another x58 sabertooth board with even bigger problems, there was a i7-920 processor installed into that board but unfortunately the processor was burned off (shorted) and after it was installed into the sabertooth that motherboard did not work anymore. Do you know anything about fixing mainboards with electrical issues also ?

Hope the link below will work
Thx again for your time

Chris

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details...083811.zip

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details...083811.zip
find
Why did tinyupload not work? I've never seen it not work for an upload?

Check your manual, when using certain amount of sticks only certain slots can be used, and some slots can't be used at all until other slots are populated, this is known thing for X58 boards.

When using multiple 4GB sticks, or very high speeds, often auto for settings will not work, and you need to set a few things manually (Timings, voltages etc), this is even more true when the memory is not specifically designed for use on X58 chipset.

So you installed shorted CPU to this board, and now it doesn't work, or you did that before current issues?

Did you get the pin fixed?

Sorry, I'm heading out now so have to make this short, I'll check your uploaded zip tonight and get back to you on this then too.
find
(03-07-2019, 03:34 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Why did tinyupload not work?  I've never seen it not work for an upload?

Check your manual, when using certain amount of sticks only certain slots can be used, and some slots can't be used at all until other slots are populated, this is known thing for X58 boards.

When using multiple 4GB sticks, or very high speeds, often auto for settings will not work, and you need to set a few things manually (Timings, voltages etc), this is even more true when the memory is not specifically designed for use on X58 chipset.

So you installed shorted CPU to this board, and now it doesn't work, or you did that before current issues?

Did you get the pin fixed?  

Sorry, I'm heading out now so have to make this short, I'll check your uploaded zip tonight and get back to you on this then too.

When i tried to upload the zip to tinyupload it just kept and standing like it was still uploading for 30 min, i tried a different browser also, same result.

Yes i know about the memory slots and which ones to use ;-)  

No the shorted cpu was never installed into this board, it was installed into another sabertooth board, i have 2 of the x58 sabertooth boards 

The board that we are looking at now, i just bought it on ebay 2 weeks ago, yes i got the pin fixed, i used one of those pencils you mentioned, and its totally straight again.

No problem, i am not in a hurry. Take your time m8

Rolleyes
find
Maybe the tinyupload issue due to your ISP, or proxy maybe? I notice sometimes if I have proxy on it can stall like you mention, or if pop-up blocked too I think (Since it has a pop-up while uploading)

Great you got the pin fixed perfect now! Did you try board again yet? Pins all look good, from what I can see, kind of hard to see them properly though, too much flash or too much light directly on/too close to the board
find
(03-08-2019, 12:24 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Maybe the tinyupload issue due to your ISP, or proxy maybe?  I notice sometimes if I have proxy on it can stall like you mention, or if pop-up blocked too I think (Since it has a pop-up while uploading)

Great you got the pin fixed perfect now!  Did you try board again yet?  Pins all look good, from what I can see, kind of hard to see them properly though, too much flash or too much light directly on/too close to the board

Yes all the pins look perfect now, i checked all of them with a magnifying glas also, and i tried it again, but still the same problem.

The 2 ram sticks i use for testing are listed as tested and compatible with this board

When i install the 2 sticks in the correct dimms for 2 stick operation, then its still the B1 dimm that will not show up, and when there is a stick in the B1 dimm then the computer will try to boot like 2 or 3 times before going into windows. And when i get into windows it also only shows the ram stick from dimm A1 ,but in cpuz its shows both of the sticks  hmmmmm...........

If i take out the ram stick from B1 then the computer boots into windows on the first go.

Should i try something with the cpu cooler as you mentioned ?
find