Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71416
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22096
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41043
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317309
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101114
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 345
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55353
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4106
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52239
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167378
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 245
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

Sabertooth X58 Bios mod
Compatible and made for X58 are not the same, and using 3x4GB can be tricky with X58, as mentioned you may need to set some things manually such as timings, voltages (Vtt voltage). But, you say same happens with 2x2GB only too? If yes, same slot if you swap those sticks around?

Do you have another CPU to confirm it's not a faulty memory channel in the CPU itself? I've seen this happen, to others and myself.
Do you have any 2GB sticks, if yes, do you have three? If yes, please test 2x2 and 3x2 and see if you have same result.

Please download this, and with two sticks installed, run it and show me image, then do same with three sticks, so I can see what timings are being used.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8682574063

What voltage do you have set for the memory, and Vtt voltage? What is the exact model of the memory?

What you're seeing in windows, CPU-z, task manager etc is normal when this happens. That's best way to tell it's happening too, check CPU-z and then compare with actual available memory amount in task manager, if it's less than installed you know this has occurred

You can try not putting on the cooler so tight if it's a bolt down type, you've already reseated the CPU and put cooler back on though, so that didn't help. So unless you cranked it down too tight again, this maybe not the issue at all.

Is there any scratched to the PCB on front or back, look closely?
find
(03-08-2019, 01:44 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Compatible and made for X58 are not the same, and using 3x4GB can be tricky with X58, as mentioned you may need to set some things manually such as timings, voltages (Vtt voltage).   But, you say same happens with 2x2GB only too?  If yes, same slot if you swap those sticks around?

Do you have another CPU to confirm it's not a faulty memory channel in the CPU itself?  I've seen this happen, to others and myself.
Do you have any 2GB sticks, if yes, do you have three?  If yes, please test 2x2 and 3x2 and see if you have same result.

Please download this, and with two sticks installed, run it and show me image, then do same with three sticks, so I can see what timings are being used.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8682574063

What voltage do you have set for the memory, and Vtt voltage?  What is the exact model of the memory?

What you're seeing in windows, CPU-z, task manager etc is normal when this happens.  That's best way to tell it's happening too, check CPU-z and then compare with actual available memory amount in task manager, if it's less than installed you know this has occurred

You can try not putting on the cooler so tight if it's a bolt down type, you've already reseated the CPU and put cooler back on though, so that didn't help.  So unless you cranked it down too tight again, this maybe not the issue at all.

Is there any scratched to the PCB on front or back, look closely?

Hi m8

i had 2x1gb sticks, tested with those, and also tried swapping them around, problem still with the same dimm B1

i added some pictures of the ram sticks and from task manager and cpu tweaker

I tried loosening the cooler also, but the cooler screws has some springs on them, so they should not get to tight. But tried it anyway ;-)

I also tested with my i7-960 cpu (same result)

I did not change any of the voltages, will wait for your advice on that. I also checked the board for scratches, did not see any at all

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=11017660139273534469
find
What voltages are you using now, what's set in the BIOS? Does Asrock have any app that shows you voltages? If not, check with HWINFO64 and show me an image of that at the large window on top click "Sensors" and show me image, you'll need to expand the sensor window top and bottom so it shows more, and then maybe take 1-2 screenshots of top and bottom if you still have to scroll.

Since you see the same with 2x1GB too, this is not good sign especially since we've already checked all socket pins and they're now OK, maybe some trace damage on the board or missing resistors (They are tiny, like 1mm or less)

Please show new image of CPUTweaker, with "SubTimings" button pushed so it expands open and all timings are visible. Do this with the 2x4GB and 3x4GB installed. You can take screenshot image with PRT SCR button above Del Ins keys, then paste into paint, and save as jpg or png image. That way I don't have to download 10MB just to look at an image that should be few 100KB or so
find
(03-09-2019, 02:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: What voltages are you using now, what's set in the BIOS?  Does Asrock have any app that shows you voltages?  If not, check with HWINFO64 and show me an image of that at the large window on top click "Sensors" and show me image, you'll need to expand the sensor window top and bottom so it shows more, and then maybe take 1-2 screenshots of top and bottom if you still have to scroll.

Since you see the same with 2x1GB too, this is not good sign especially since we've already checked all socket pins and they're now OK, maybe some trace damage on the board or missing resistors (They are tiny, like 1mm or less)

Please show new image of CPUTweaker, with "SubTimings" button pushed so it expands open and all timings are visible.  Do this with the 2x4GB and 3x4GB installed.  You can take screenshot image with PRT SCR button above Del Ins keys, then paste into paint, and save as jpg or png image.  That way I don't have to download 10MB just to look at an image that should be few 100KB or so

Hi again

Voltages in bios are set to auto

Here are the screenshots of HWinfo64

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=58379488742942493977

And here the shots of CPUtweaker

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=32996690495188393486
find
(03-09-2019, 03:25 PM)Chris2102 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 02:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: What voltages are you using now, what's set in the BIOS?  Does Asrock have any app that shows you voltages?  If not, check with HWINFO64 and show me an image of that at the large window on top click "Sensors" and show me image, you'll need to expand the sensor window top and bottom so it shows more, and then maybe take 1-2 screenshots of top and bottom if you still have to scroll.

Please show new image of CPUTweaker, with "SubTimings" button pushed so it expands open and all timings are visible.  Do this with the 2x4GB and 3x4GB installed.  You can take screenshot image with PRT SCR button above Del Ins keys, then paste into paint, and save as jpg or png image.  That way I don't have to download 10MB just to look at an image that should be few 100KB or so

Hi again

Voltages in bios are set to auto

Here are the screenshots of HWinfo64

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=58379488742942493977

And here the shots of CPUtweaker

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=32996690495188393486

Hope that was what you needed to see

thx again
find
Thanks for images, need to see 3x4GB CPUTweaker one too please, well it's not critical since I would say same below too.

I can see from tRFC setting (ideal for 2x4GB 160 or so, 180+ for 3x4GB) , and tRRD (ideal 5-6), this memory is not originally designed for X58. These settings are too low, and same as trying to run too high of a speed or too tight timings, things like this can cause channel losses. But since you get same with 2x1GB, as mentioned this all maybe non of the actual issue.

Set Vtt voltage to 1.15-1.25 for 2x4GB or 3x4GB (At 1333-1600 speed/999-xx timings, this should be plenty), current/auto is 1.06 and this generally not enough for 4GB modules. Applied memory voltage is not shown Sad Please set that manually to whatever the kits say on the stickers (1.5v for the ones in your HWINFO64 images, another sign this is not made for X58 memory)

None of this will help I assume, since even 2x1GB is failing, that should have no problems even with stock incorrect and memory not made for this board etc. But, you can try, set ram voltage 1.65, Vtt 1.10, tRFC 88, tRRD 5 - if that fails same way for 2x1GB then the issue is a physical one with the board not settings (Scratched PCB/Trace, missing or blown resistor etc)
find
(03-09-2019, 11:30 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks for images, need to see 3x4GB CPUTweaker one too please, well it's not critical since I would say same below too.

I can see from tRFC setting (ideal for 2x4GB 160 or so, 180+ for 3x4GB) , and tRRD (ideal 5-6), this memory is not originally designed for X58.  These settings are too low, and same as trying to run too high of a speed or too tight timings, things like this can cause channel losses.  But since you get same with 2x1GB, as mentioned this all maybe non of the actual issue.

Set Vtt voltage to 1.15-1.25 for 2x4GB or 3x4GB (At 1333-1600 speed/999-xx timings, this should be plenty), current/auto is 1.06 and this generally not enough for 4GB modules.  Applied memory voltage is not shown Sad   Please set that manually to whatever the kits say on the stickers (1.5v for the ones in your HWINFO64 images, another sign this is not made for X58 memory)

None of this will help I assume, since even 2x1GB is failing, that should have no problems even with stock incorrect and memory not made for this board etc.  But, you can try, set ram voltage 1.65, Vtt 1.10, tRFC 88, tRRD 5 - if that fails same way for 2x1GB then the issue is a physical one with the board not settings (Scratched PCB/Trace, missing or blown resistor etc)

Thx for the info, i will try these things this evening, and if everything fails then i will try what i can do thru ebay, coz i just bought that board as fully functional  Sad Undecided Angry

Will post a reply once i tested it. Thank you very much for the time you put into this
find
(03-10-2019, 05:40 AM)Chris2102 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 11:30 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks for images, need to see 3x4GB CPUTweaker one too please, well it's not critical since I would say same below too.

I can see from tRFC setting (ideal for 2x4GB 160 or so, 180+ for 3x4GB) , and tRRD (ideal 5-6), this memory is not originally designed for X58.  These settings are too low, and same as trying to run too high of a speed or too tight timings, things like this can cause channel losses.  But since you get same with 2x1GB, as mentioned this all maybe non of the actual issue.

Set Vtt voltage to 1.15-1.25 for 2x4GB or 3x4GB (At 1333-1600 speed/999-xx timings, this should be plenty), current/auto is 1.06 and this generally not enough for 4GB modules.  Applied memory voltage is not shown Sad   Please set that manually to whatever the kits say on the stickers (1.5v for the ones in your HWINFO64 images, another sign this is not made for X58 memory)

None of this will help I assume, since even 2x1GB is failing, that should have no problems even with stock incorrect and memory not made for this board etc.  But, you can try, set ram voltage 1.65, Vtt 1.10, tRFC 88, tRRD 5 - if that fails same way for 2x1GB then the issue is a physical one with the board not settings (Scratched PCB/Trace, missing or blown resistor etc)

Thx for the info, i will try these things this evening, and if everything fails then i will try what i can do thru ebay, coz i just bought that board as fully functional  Sad Undecided Angry

Will post a reply once i tested it. Thank you very much for the time you put into this

Hi again

I could not wait until this evening, coz i really wanted this board to work.

But unfortunately it is really a physical damage somewhere, since none of the things changed anything.

The seller wrote in the ebay listing that he briefely tested all the pcie and ram dimms ???

Will try to return it thru ebay buyer protection

I have another x58 system with a gigabyte x58udr ..... that works fine with these memory sticks 3x4gb
Are the gigabyte boards not so critical or ?
find
Yes, I would return the board if you can, don't mention the bent pix you fixed because then he'll blame you for bending the pin in the first place and also say this is the cause of the memory not working (Which it often is, but bent pin in this case was not even for memory anyway, so even if still bent should not cause this)

Briefly testing memory slots wouldn't let anyone notice this, that didn't know how to look for it, since as you know many ways to check show "All the memory installed you put in" so it looks like all is working properly.

Same can happen on any motherboard, if there is missing resistor, trace damage, damaged slot etc. Gigabyte X58 working OK with this memory only means that board is not damaged, and further proves that is should be working at minimum in some way on this board (May need tweaking, but we've been through all that already and testing 2x1GB showed other issue present not timings/voltages/settings etc)
find
(03-10-2019, 01:48 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, I would return the board if you can, don't mention the bent pix you fixed because then he'll blame you for bending the pin in the first place and also say this is the cause of the memory not working (Which it often is, but bent pin in this case was not even for memory anyway, so even if still bent should not cause this)

Briefly testing memory slots wouldn't let anyone notice this, that didn't know how to look for it, since as you know many ways to check show "All the memory installed you put in" so it looks like all is working properly.

Same can happen on any motherboard, if there is missing resistor, trace damage, damaged slot etc.  Gigabyte X58 working OK with this memory only means that board is not damaged, and further proves that is should be working at minimum in some way on this board (May need tweaking, but we've been through all that already and testing 2x1GB showed other issue present not timings/voltages/settings etc)

Hello m8

Guess what, i took the cooler and the backplate off, and you where right........ under the backplate there where some bad scratches on the board.
Then i told the seller that the memory slot was not working, and he said that i should look for scratches on the back, coz he noticed that on some pictures he took of the board before sending it, hahaha why did he waste the money and time to send it if he noticed that, hmmmm

But at least he was a honest guy and admitted it directly.

But you where really right about that scratches. Its also kind of stupid that the traces on the board are only 1 mm away from the mounting holes for the cpu backplate. So i guess something like this can easily happen

i will put some pictures here for you, these 3 pictures are obly some of the scratches

I really wanted to put this reply to help others and let you know that you really know what you are talking about ;-)

Thank you very much

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=02241292807373020917
find