Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424303
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3592
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224170
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119148
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6309
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5771
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61161

Support for Athlon XP 2100+ on Jetway 663AS Ultra
#1
Hello there,

I needed a board with an ISA slot and the 686B chipset, and now I've got it.
However, it turns out that the newest BIOS for the 663AS Ultra only supports up to Athlon XP 2000+.

Well, the issue is that I only have a 2100+ chip, and not a 2000+, so I've come here for help.

The BIOS of the board I currently have is the 663AS Ultra_A08.bin
.bin   663AS_Ultra_A08.bin (Size: 256 KB / Downloads: 3)

And I found this other BIOS for a similar motherboard with what I think is a compatible chipset.
.bin   SY-K7VTA PRO_2BA2.bin (Size: 256 KB / Downloads: 0)

Would you kindly use your wizard skills to synthesize a new BIOS for my 663AS Ultra?
Thank you.
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your Athlon XP 2100+.
Show a photo of your new CPU from top.
Make a photo of a label on top of serial port.
find
quote
#3
(06-18-2020, 01:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your Athlon XP 2100+.
Show a photo of your new CPU from top.

What information do you need from the (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z?
I only have DOS installed right now, and I only have a 2 GB IDE SSD attached, and my floppy drive doesn't seem to be working.

If the information you need can be found elsewhere, I'll try to get it for you. If not, I'll try to get Windows XP or something installed.

For now, let me give you points 2 and 3.

When I try to boot with Athlon XP 2100+. the fans spin, but absolutely no POST whatsoever. It either doesn't have a beeper, or it makes no beeps.

When I switch back to my working Duron CPU, it works fine again right away.

Here's a picture of the AX2100DMT3C Athlon XP 2100+ CPU.
   
find
quote
#4
I still need a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z and a photo of a label on top of serial port.
find
quote
#5
(06-18-2020, 04:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I still need a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z and a photo of a label on top of serial port.

Here you go.        

By the way, I'd love to know what your general process for this BIOS mod is, such as the software you're using.
I'm pretty interested in this sort of hobbyist stuff.

Thanks!
find
quote
#6
You motherboard already has support for AX2100DMT3C
Read this - http://web.archive.org/web/2006090207525...3ASU32.htm
I think that your CPU is dead.
find
quote
#7
(06-27-2020, 01:57 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: You motherboard already has support for AX2100DMT3C
Read this - http://web.archive.org/web/2006090207525...3ASU32.htm
I think that your CPU is dead.

That's what I thought too, and that's why I bought it.

The only ominous aspect was that the latest BIOS update change-log said, "added support for 2000+"
Well, 2100+ isn't 2000+, but I figured they were similar enough that it'd work.

Well, if it's dead then I'll try to get a refund and try again.

Should I stay safe and stick to 2000+ next time I buy, or do you think it's pretty solid that a 2100+ would work?
find
quote
#8
I also have an AMD Athlon XP 2900+ AXDA2900DKV4E but I figure that there's no way to mod a BIOS to support that, right?
find
quote
#9
Watch this video - https://youtu.be/d64XnUMHdoo
Photo of AX2100DMT3C - https://youtu.be/d64XnUMHdoo?t=40
BIOS page version A08 - https://youtu.be/d64XnUMHdoo?t=202
So Athlon XP 2100+ is supported by this motherboard.

Note that 130-nm CPUs aren't supported by this motherboard.
But you can mod this motherboard to add support of Thoroughbred. You need to remove capacitor C410 from this motherboard.
find
quote
#10
Physical modding like that might need to happen another day.
For now, I suppose I'll try to get my money back for the 2100+ and then buy another one.

Can I offer you a Ko-Fi or something? =p
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)