Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424336
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3600
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224266
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119155
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6774
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 388
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309652
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20262
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169232
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6317
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61174

[Test] HP Pavilion DV7t-4100 CTO Advanced Menu
#1
Model : HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO
Bios Type : Insyde
Bios Revision : F.23 (11-25-10)
Bios Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50942.exe

I'm looking for someone who can help me out with getting access to my advanced menu. I need it so I can disable hybrid graphics which prevents me from easily installing any updated graphics drivers for my dedicated ATi card. Also wouldn't mind being able to change some other settings found in the advanced menu but getting rid of hybrid graphics is the most important issue right now.
find
quote
#2
Please post screenshots of the original bios setup.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(09-08-2011, 02:28 PM)camiloml Wrote: Please post screenshots of the original bios setup.

Ok here are the screenshots.

[Image: securityy.th.jpg][Image: diagnostics.th.jpg][Image: systemconfiguration.th.jpg][Image: exith.th.jpg]
find
quote
#4
Uploading now test file for you, locate in second HERE of my signature. The only trick i think will help was what i have done, remove "Diagnostics" and "Security" menus and tried replacing them by "Advanced" and "Power". I wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(09-09-2011, 02:08 PM)camiloml Wrote: Uploading now test file for you, locate in second HERE of my signature. The only trick i think will help was what i have done, remove "Diagnostics" and "Security" menus and tried replacing them by "Advanced" and "Power". I wait your news Wink

It works and boots but I find no Display Mode option under Video Settings in the Advanced menu so I still cannot turn off hybrid graphics. It should have three options for Display Mode which are iGPU, dGPU, and hybrid. Everything else is there and I can actually set up RAID now for my two 500gb drives.
find
quote
#6
I will look if that option is there but still hidden.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
(09-09-2011, 04:59 PM)camiloml Wrote: I will look if that option is there but still hidden.

Ok thank you.
find
quote
#8
Uploading now V2 with that option hopefully unlocked. Test and tell me.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
(09-09-2011, 05:30 PM)camiloml Wrote: Uploading now V2 with that option hopefully unlocked. Test and tell me.

Found it in system configuration. However when I try to change it to dGPU and hit F10 to save changes it never reboots and it simply freezes. Only a power down or CTRL+ALT+DEL corrects it and once back in the bios its setting still remains at hybrid so the settings are not committed. It freezes even if I don't change anything when I hit save.
find
quote
#10
That option is hidden by checking to values in nvram, so if is hidden then there must be a reason. Maybe it's not possible to change the behaviour on your hardware.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)