Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424336
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3600
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224266
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119155
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6774
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 388
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309652
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20262
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169232
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6317
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61174

[Test] HP Pavilion DV7t-4100 CTO Advanced Menu
#11
(09-09-2011, 06:21 PM)camiloml Wrote: That option is hidden by checking to values in nvram, so if is hidden then there must be a reason. Maybe it's not possible to change the behaviour on your hardware.

Even if I don't change anything and hit save it still freezes. It also does this with V1 I didn't try changing any options or saving until V2. So keep the display mode option in there as far as I can tell it has no bearing on the fact saving doesn't work since V1 also freezes any time you hit F10 to save.
find
quote
#12
Then maybe this is side effect of RSA signed bios, and you're lucky cause it simply don't work and does not semibrick your laptop.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#13
(09-10-2011, 05:50 AM)camiloml Wrote: Then maybe this is side effect of RSA signed bios, and you're lucky cause it simply don't work and does not semibrick your laptop.

Is there any way to make it work? I'm familiar with the flash drive recovery procedure and possible need for CMOS reset and am willing to test.
find
quote
#14
Hello.

I have a HP Pavillion DV7-4106eg and I would like to have the BIOS menus unlocked.
The reason I'm posting in this thread, is that I think it's exactly the same BIOS, isn't it ?

This is the link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...5&sw_lang=

Did you made progress in unlocking the menus ?


Greeetz
BoRoN
find
quote
#15
(09-10-2011, 06:50 PM)BoRoN Wrote: Hello.

I have a HP Pavillion DV7-4106eg and I would like to have the BIOS menus unlocked.
The reason I'm posting in this thread, is that I think it's exactly the same BIOS, isn't it ?

This is the link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...5&sw_lang=

Did you made progress in unlocking the menus ?


Greeetz
BoRoN

It likely isn't especially if it doesn't have a Core i5 or an AMD 5650.

Anything new with my bios? If you can't get it to work that is fine I see HP might be making bios updates to add the hybrid graphics option. Need to get in touch with them tomorrow maybe they'll consider supporting me.
find
quote
#16
(09-11-2011, 01:51 PM)Comp1212 Wrote: ...I see HP might be making bios updates to add the hybrid graphics option.
Where did you get this information from ?

The reason I wish to have an unlocked BIOS is that I built in a SSD a few days ago and I would like to check if the AHCI-option ist correctly activated in BIOS !?!
find
quote
#17
(09-11-2011, 04:21 PM)BoRoN Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 01:51 PM)Comp1212 Wrote: ...I see HP might be making bios updates to add the hybrid graphics option.
Where did you get this information from ?

The reason I wish to have an unlocked BIOS is that I built in a SSD a few days ago and I would like to check if the AHCI-option ist correctly activated in BIOS !?!

It is enabled by default. I can see that in the bios camilo made up for me I just cant change anything.
find
quote
#18
Hey. I would really like this as well.. but I guess it's been removed from your mediafire account. If you still have this lying around somewhere, I'd appreciate it. Thanks alot.
find
quote
#19
Hi, Please help in unlocking the full menu in the BIOS for the DV7 4130ew has the same bios f. 23 (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...1&sw_lang=) sp50942.exe Trying to replace Prock i5 => i7 820QM not successful, maybe after unlocking full bios update you succeed in changing. It may be also higher f. 27


Attached Files
.rar   01448bin.rar (Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 5)
.rar   01448hf.rar (Size: 1.72 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#20
Hate to dig this up but it would seem HP has no intention of supporting this laptop with a bios to allow switchable graphics to be turned off. camiloml I'd be more than willing to donate if you can provide me with a working bios that allows hybrid graphics to be turned off. If you can't get one to work I'm afraid my only other option is to simply sell it because with hybrid graphics I will be unable to support the laptop for future OS releases from Microsoft.

HP did release a new version F.29 which claims to have enhance thermal management maybe it would work better to modify than the previous F.23: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)