Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40952
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 309
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55286
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64123
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2509
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167088
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6329
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317032
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Travelmate P253-E Black screen - how to fix??
Hi I have a laptop Acer Travelmate P253-E after pressing Power button it start with black screen, fan spin for about 5 sec and restarting automaticly 3 times and then shut down.
I think this is a Bios problem. trying to flash in recovery mode with pendrive 8GB (dont have smaller) Fat32 with file from Acer website 2.17 and 2.21(Q5WV1X64.fd) maybe you know other sites with original older Bioses.
When I start recovery mode (Fn+Esc) there is access to USB drive for 10 seconds (light flashin) and then can hear 3 long beeps and restart. What I do wrong? what bios should I try, the oldest or the newer? Please help me.
find
Hello Lived,

I do not have too much time left right now, so I will leave a longer reply later on.

Here is a link to the instructions for using CRISIS BIOS recovery. From the BIOS image file extension, it looks like you have an Insyde BIOS, but I could be wrong. Make sure to click on the instructions for the BIOS type that you have. I will check out your BIOS image later on to see what type you have if you are unsure.

Also, you MUST use a 2GB or less capacity flashdrive and it must be specially formatted EXACTLY as the recovery instructions dictate. It is strange how it manages to read the 8GB sized flashdrive though.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(07-08-2014, 08:26 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Lived,

I do not have too much time left right now, so I will leave a longer reply later on.

Here is a link to the instructions for using CRISIS BIOS recovery. From the BIOS image file extension, it looks like you have an Insyde BIOS, but I could be wrong. Make sure to click on the instructions for the BIOS type that you have. I will check out your BIOS image later on to see what type you have if you are unsure.

Also, you MUST use a 2GB or less capacity flashdrive and it must be specially formatted EXACTLY as the recovery instructions dictate. It is strange how it manages to read the 8GB sized flashdrive though.

~Steven

Thank you for answer.
In the link you provide is not any CRISIS BIOS recovery instruction, just links to Tool which I dont know how to use and links to another instructions. When I click Insyde bios recovery can see instruction how to start recovery bios mode nothing about formatting USB or size of it. However that instruction said press FN+B but in my laptop only FN+Esc do something.
In point 2 is "see paragraph 3" which is taking me back to previous instruction

Waiting for you longer reply.
find
Hello Lived,

Here is the link for Insyde BIOS recovery. Follow the steps here, but press Fn+Esc instead of Fn+B.

If you give me a copy of your BIOS image, I can get the recovery name for you using PhoenixTool.

That is strange how the 8GB flashdrive works... Usually, the flashdrive MUST be 2GB or less. The 8GB flashdrive could be causing your issues. You may have to invest in a 2GB flashdrive. I think this is the most likely cause of failure.

The other possible cause of the process failing is that the image could be wrong or incorrectly named, but it seems like your motherboard is still trying to flash the BIOS.

You seem to know about the procedures of recovering a BIOS, but I still recommend following the procedures.

If the instructions do not work and you do buy a 2GB flashdrive, I can guide you step-by-step through the process of making the flashdrive usable for BIOS recovery.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Ok, I found a 2GB SD card put it into USB card reader but still the same. USB flashing about 10 sec and then 3 long beeps and restart.
I downloaded bios from acer site here extract it and put Q5WV1X64.fd onto USB.
find
Hello Lived,

Unfortunately, the card reader is not going to work. Do keep in mind that the system is running without a BIOS to control it. CRISIS is a very simple and finicky program. It has very limited options in terms of where and how you store the recovery image. You must use a 2GB or smaller USB flashdrive. The only other option is an external USB floppy drive. The recovery name that you are using does seem to be correct though according to PhoenixTool.

I know another BIOS modder who deals with Insyde BIOS's and would be better able to help you than myself, so I am going to notify him of this thread.

www find
unfortunately 2GB pendrive also does not work.
dont know what else I can do?
find
Hello Lived,

Could you elaborate on how it failed please? Are you still getting the same response as you had explained in the first post of this thread?

You know the correct key. You are able to successfully activate the CRISIS recovery program.

From what you have said in previous posts, it sounds like the recovery program doesn't like how you made the recovery drive.

The recovery program is activated regardless of whether or not the storage media is correct. This is supported by the fact that CRISIS still activated when you were using an 8GB flashdrive. An 8GB flashdrive will never work (from what I know).

You are using the correct physical media type (a 2GB pendrive).

This leaves a few more potential causes of the problem.
#1: The image is incorrect.
#2: The image is incorrectly named.
#3: You are using the wrong USB port.
#4: The drive was not correctly formatted and set up.
#5: There are other files on the flash drive.

-----------

#1: This is not the case, because you downloaded the BIOS image from the official website for your special computer model.
#2: This cannot be causing the issue, because the image is correctly named (verified by PhoenixTool).
#3: This is not the issue, because the computer (running in CRISIS mode) is able to detect and read the flashdrive and determine that it is not suitable for recovery using the USB port you have been plugging it into.
#4: This is the most likely cause.
#5: Unless you put extra files on the flashdrive, this is not an issue.

This brings us to the next step in the troubleshooting process. There are many steps of the flashdrive setup process that could easily go wrong. I believe the issue is that the drive is not formatted correctly. I will notify BDMaster of this thread right now and he should be able to better help you with this issue.

(07-10-2014, 04:51 PM)Lived Wrote: unfortunately 2GB pendrive also does not work.
dont know what else I can do?

www find
Ok friend,
Sml6397 asked to me for an Emergency Raid and I am here !

You are using for Recovery Mode a Bios Capsulated and It don't work like normal and Dangerous too !
It can Brick definitively your Laptop !
So You have two chance or using 1.xx Bios (generaly are Decapsulated and Unsigned) or using 2.xx Decapsulated Bios !
Here is my Dirty Guide on How ot Decapsulate Bios :

http://rghost.net/52544682

Here is Recovery Bios 2.21 for your laptop :

http://rghost.net/56835139

Follow instructions to prepare USB and flash Bios !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Thank you guys very much. I will be able to do it if not today then on Sunday and will let you know asap.

It is working great. Thank you all.
find