Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Today 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Today 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101440
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Today 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7254
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6972
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14327
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425360
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3827
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 321
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227252
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119462
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6986
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310481
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62212

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
#61
This is successful VBIOS mod for the UEFI and this can be done in any bios even ami aptio ,,,,,,, but menus unlock still with no progress yet .
As i guess you mean successful menus unlock .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#62
Very nice.. even just VBIOS is a start as the HD 6650M I have has been clocked by others by well over 100MHz on the core stable with almost no extra heat.
find
quote
#63
(01-15-2012, 03:44 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: This is successful VBIOS mod for the UEFI and this can be done in any bios even ami aptio ,,,,,,, but menus unlock still with no progress yet .
As i guess you mean successful menus unlock .

Ahmed is right - as usual Smile

All the vbios files are usable in other bioses - in fact anyone who has a more recent NVIDIA vbios than 70.08.56.00.0A please let me know as I'd like to try it out in my upcoming BIOS mods - watch this space!

Ahmed - can't wait for you to finish your exams mate so that we can continue cracking on unlocking the bios menus!

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
#64
Thanks for all your hard work, I'm really interested in modifying my 525m bios.

Which bios would you recommend that would bring the best performance and lowest heat of the 4 bios files you've provided.

Thanks!
find
quote
#65
(01-16-2012, 05:51 PM)therune Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work, I'm really interested in modifying my 525m bios.

Which bios would you recommend that would bring the best performance and lowest heat of the 4 bios files you've provided.

Thanks!

I'm using the undervolted 540m. It's remarkably similar in hardware to the 525m, about 30-40% better graphics performance and at the right voltage it brings about the best stability/performance ratio IMO. I get longer battery life when it's running normal apps at 0.83V, and the right performance when I'm playing skyrim or using 3dsmax, at 0.86V. That said, every hardware config is slightly different, so you may get even better (and more stable) results with the 550m.

I'd also suggest you use a graphics burn tool such as fumark, in conjunction with a tweak tool such as msi afterburner to test your specific configuration. In my case I can run the undervolted 540m at 700/1400/1100 clock speeds without any issues. For now Smile

Hope this helps!

Cheers
jkbuha

find
quote
#66
Hiya all

Just another quick update to let you know that I've added another VBIOS - the 550M at standard voltage. Details in first post!

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
#67
Hi guys I want to learn about bios modding as well, but I am stuck on step 4

Quote:4) Do a HEX search to find the desired files in the DUMP folder to view/patch. In my case I was looking for my VBIOS, so I searched for NVIDIA and voila! my VBIOS rom appears in the file 8C8BAE9C-4AEB-44DF-AB67-1E4D8242E964_1_814.ROM

What does it mean to do a HEX search? I used the phoenix tool on F33.....ROM and it created two .BIOS files, then I opened BIOS4.BIOS in a hex editor and searched for the string NVIDIA but.. what comes next?
find
quote
#68
(01-18-2012, 12:38 AM)rabbitz Wrote: What does it mean to do a HEX search? I used the phoenix tool on F33.....ROM and it created two .BIOS files, then I opened BIOS4.BIOS in a hex editor and searched for the string NVIDIA but.. what comes next?

Hey rabbitz Smile

What it means is that you will need to use a program (such as Windows GREP for instance) that allows you to search through all the 1100+ ROM files that are dumped once you open the F33....ROM file in PhoenixTool. Typically the Dell GT5xx BIOSes are in individual 64kb files, and would contain a string such as "IBM VGA Compatible" or "Copyright © 1996-2011 NVIDIA Corp."

Note that your BIOS may contain one or more VBIOS files depending on the card(s) typically delivered with the laptop family - for example the XPS 15 has the 525m and 540m VBIOS, but the 15z only has the 525m VBIOS. So if you do find more than one VBIOS file, make sure you modify only the one which is loaded by your BIOS at run-time Smile

On another slightly related note, does anyone know/have the Intel HD3000 latest VBIOS file? I want to make OS X run more efficiently on my machine, and I'm looking at improving the performance of the Intel VGA now... Wink

Cheers
jkbuha

find
quote
#69
Hi All ,

Just finished my exams yesterday and i will make a new mod in one or two days Smile

I hope you still interested Smile


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#70
of course we are!
(or at least I am still interested hehe ^_^)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)