Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108038
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119718
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
I'm positive I have the latest build. The checksum is off 100%.
Here's what the header looks like for the BIOS1.WPH when compressed after applying the patchset:
http://pastie.org/5350637
The last two bytes are what I assume for integrity check. And for my applied patchset they are in fact wrong.
You can reproduce this by taking your original BIOS1.WPH and changing these bytes to anything you desire -> the result is that capsule will not be possible to decompress.

The first byte should always be 0xB1 because the header crc doesn't change .. but 0x16 is correct ... and those will indicate capsule's integrity.
If I open up the output capsule with HEX editor and swap 0x56 with 0xB1 the capsule can be decompressed thereafter. So the algo is a little bit off somewhere.

Also fun fact .. the modules the app has presumably patched are gone .. if you decompress the capsule there aren't:
CFEF94C4-4167-466A-8893-8779459DFA86 - PlatformSetupAdvancedDxe.efi
F7731B4C-58A2-4DF4-8980-5645D39ECE58 - PowerManagement2.efi
in the PhoenixTool's output any longer.. they're completely absent.

In fact not only these modules are absent but whole lot other modules too ..
find
quote
Oh, that's very weird! I'm trying it on the A19 BIOS for the L702X and it correctly patches the files. If I don't update the CRC32 checksum in the GUID sections then it outputs exactly the same file as PMPatch.

Is the file you're trying it on the same as you posted before? If not, could you upload a copy of the original BIOS?
find
quote
@timewalker

thanks again for the DSTD patch! Smile

rep added.

I will make test BIOS with current mods and the modded dstd and PlatformSmm.efi

I will also check if some string customizing worked for the flasher (C8AB0F4E-26FE-40F1-9579-EA8D30D503A4_0_6.rom)
find
quote
mmm, just a small note, may be usefull for someone.

while trying to make a modded bios1.wph file with the different size modules and the custom flasher I noticed something wrong while flashing.


when the system rebooted and the flasher was suposed to appear at the screen, the screen remained black for more than two minutes.

no beeps, no aparently activity.

so turned off the machine by holding down 5 seconds the power button.

turned the machine on, nothing appeared at the screen but I got some kind of weid beep codes.

turned it off again, removed AC, and battery, waited for a minute, and plugged them back

the beep codes keep apearing and got a black screen.

I remember something similar happened while first time I flashed just a modded nvidia vbios and didnt had any kind of recovery, so I removed the optical drive with the second hdd.

then powered on the machine and it was fine, turned off the machine and pluged back the optical drive with the second hdd, and it was fine.


so aparently if the flasher fails to load and the beep codes appear after restarting, the only fix is remove the optical drive.

not sure if the recovery method also helps but I didnt tried it yet when this happens.

aparently temporally removing the optical drive is the fix.

will keep trying to flash the custom modules.

I think this failed because I unticked the "preserve module size" from the phoenix tool, but not sure how I have to integrate different size modules then.
find
quote
My platformsmm had different size as well and it reintegrated with no issues. I usually only check no slic and allow user module replacement ..

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
find
quote
thanks ^^

ok, will try those options
find
quote
(11-09-2012, 08:34 AM)nebster Wrote: Oh, that's very weird! I'm trying it on the A19 BIOS for the L702X and it correctly patches the files. If I don't update the CRC32 checksum in the GUID sections then it outputs exactly the same file as PMPatch.

Is the file you're trying it on the same as you posted before? If not, could you upload a copy of the original BIOS?
nah, not the same one.. the one I've uploaded earlier was just for the sake of demo
in the attachment are bios and the patchset i'm trying to apply to it.


Attached Files
.rar   V3450_A13_pset.rar (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
Can this unlock method apply to unlocking other bioses.?
find
quote
@gamerx1990

yep,I supose there is a lot of chances other uefi bioses will be compatible with this method ^^
find
quote
Actually the chances are close to none. AMI Aptio and ALASKA-based bioses are not really getting anyway from the still waters of being factory-locked.
Even newer gen Dell-Phoenix Tiano (Inspiron 17R and R SE) laptops don't have EFI_IFR_SUPPRESS_IF documented by Phoenix inside the modules.
Lenovo laptops don't even have additional menus within Advanced Setup module ..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 39 Guest(s)