Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224536
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

dell inspiorn 531 slic 2.1
#11
Sabreur, what are you trying to accomplish, install with the dell 531 bios update slic 2.1?

(08-10-2015, 07:12 AM)Sabreur Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 12:58 PM)BDMaster Wrote: You can use Sendspace.com or Rghost.net Servers to upload your files
then post the links !
Try this Bios Mod :

http://rghost.net/6zY8YrfY4

Let me know
Regards

I too, am trying to mod a i531. I tried the file in the quoted link from a DOS boot but got an error message "Invalid Windows Licence" after a few minutes and then terminated

AWDFLASH wouldn't run without the /f switch and adding the /py /sn /cc switches product the same result

Current BIOS is v1.0.13 (slic 2.0), still!
find
quote
#12
Look here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/18325-Dell-Inspiron-531-SLIC-2-1-should-be-old-news-why-is-it-giving-me-so-much-grief?p=278330&viewfull=1#post278330

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/18325-Dell-Inspiron-531-SLIC-2-1-should-be-old-news-why-is-it-giving-me-so-much-grief?p=386811&viewfull=1#post386811

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/8150-SLIC-does-not-get-updated-changed-P5N-E-SLI?p=185321&viewfull=1#post185321

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#13
All the links are dead.

"Inspiron 531s;531
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5l5u0u mod by Yen flash test.bin in Dos using awdflash.exe test.bin /f /py /sn /cc and http://urlisdown.org/AWDFLASH_Asus_v1.34.rar tested by jeff69dini
http://urlisdown.org/Dell/DELL_Ins...ELL-1.0.13.rar mod by Busykid508"

The one that worked for me was by Busykid508: http://urlisdown.org/Dell/DELL_Ins...ELL-1.0.13.rar

The one that did not work for me was by Yen (though I have seen others who say it does work). The link in the original post to the bin fiile no longer works - so here is a link to my archived copy http://www.sendspace.com/file/23a25k
find
quote
#14
(08-12-2015, 04:50 AM)after12 Wrote: Sabreur, what are you trying to accomplish, install with the dell 531 bios update slic 2.1?

If I could find a working link to that bios I would use it. Every link quoted here is dead. Any ideas?
find
quote
#15
e-mail me directly. off this site. are you trying to install windows 7?

[/quote]

If I could find a working link to that bios I would use it. Every link quoted here is dead. Any ideas?
[/quote]
find
quote
#16
(08-16-2015, 11:22 AM)Sabreur Wrote: If I could find a working link to that bios I would use it. Every link quoted here is dead. Any ideas?

AWDFLASH.EXE VERSION 1.33. three THREE. NOT three FOUR.

After great gnashing of teeth, it works. 7 ultimate is in, and validated on this hateful old Dell Inspiron 531 desktop.

Presume you are squared away with bootable dos media. I'm not here for that end of things, ok?

Just make sure awdflash.exe and 531.bin (renamed from the all nice and slicked-up one you found elsewhere) are in the same directory, and then be in that directory before you proceed as follows:

At a dos prompt in this directory type:

awdflash 531.bin /f /py /sn /cd /cc

With or without spaces between switches (space after 531.bin of course). Play around with it some, if you need to. Hit and then let it roll. Reboot. Check your activation status. Tra la la.

Switch definitions, just because:

/f    is use original bios parameters
/sn    do not save existing bios
/py    program flash
/cd    clear DMI data post-flash
/cc    clear CMOS post-flash

This particular awdflash.exe program is Ver 1.33 and the story behind that is a serious pain in the goddamned motherfucking [censored]. This is an extraordinarily pissy motherboard and refuses to flash with all sorts of daffy errors and lockups, most prominently annoying amongst which is "invalid windows license" and there are zillions of posts all over the [censored] internet and throughout them there are repeated calls to use a particular version of awdflash, and that version, called for over and over again, is v1.34. One Point Three FOUR. FOUR. Only problem being, is that every link, on every board, from Timbuktu to China is broken, leads to something useless, or is otherwise disfunctional to the point of [censored] this Ship, it ain't there.

Ok, fine.

Via no end of labyrinthian comings and goings, the best I could do was to find a copy of awdflash.exe version 1.33 (One Point Three THREE. THREE.) from Asus, for a seriously WTF ASUS Crosshair II Formula motherboard (huh?) which is not any kind of Dell, here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flas...ASH133.zip

I had previously upgraded my Inspiron 531 bios to the latest version, 1033, via the upgrade that can be downloaded from Dell, here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flas...ASH133.zip

To repeat, I ran awdflash as follows:     awdflash 531.bin /f /py /sn /cd /cc     using the renamed 531_SLIC.BIN file originally created by Busykid508 (that guy is up for sainthood, by the way, and none of us will ever be able to properly repay him, but I'm trying, I really am) and which remains fairly findable, to this day, as part of a larger package which contains all sorts of wonderful things, including another award flash utility named awd873.exe and which, for reasons both mysterious and pissy, seems to not want to work for an awful lot of people, myself included.

So [censored] that 873 Ship, and [censored] that 1.34 Ship, and roll with 1.33.

For me at least, good old ver1.33 did the trick, and I'm paying it forward to one and all who might still be dicking around with this ancient Dell machine, for whatever unknowable set of misfortunes, and who would really like to get the sonofabitch to run Win7 Ultimate as a validly activated install.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
find
quote
#17
(02-14-2016, 08:27 PM)Labradorite Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 11:22 AM)Sabreur Wrote: If I could find a working link to that bios I would use it. Every link quoted here is dead. Any ideas?

AWDFLASH.EXE VERSION 1.33. three THREE. NOT three FOUR.

SNIP

Thanks for this. However, I'll put it away in the useful drawer for now.

My original intention was draining the swamp not killing alligators!

I wanted to install 10. Phillip Yip posted instructions for a kosher update route from Vista which worked for me. No point in risking a working machine. Unfortunately, this upgrade route expired in October last year.

If I get fed up with 10's idiosyncrasies I'll upgrade to 7 and need the bios update (I wouldn't wish Vista on my worst enemy, no, belay that... second worst enemy!)

Thanks again Labradorite
find
quote
#18
(02-15-2016, 10:35 AM)Sabreur Wrote:
(02-14-2016, 08:27 PM)Labradorite Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 11:22 AM)Sabreur Wrote: If I could find a working link to that bios I would use it. Every link quoted here is dead. Any ideas?

AWDFLASH.EXE VERSION 1.33. three THREE. NOT three FOUR.

SNIP

Thanks for this. However, I'll put it away in the useful drawer for now.

My original intention was draining the swamp not killing alligators!

I wanted to install 10. Phillip Yip posted instructions for a kosher update route from Vista which worked for me. No point in risking a working machine. Unfortunately, this upgrade route expired in October last year.

If I get fed up with 10's idiosyncrasies I'll upgrade to 7 and need the bios update (I wouldn't wish Vista on my worst enemy, no, belay that... second worst enemy!)

Thanks again Labradorite

In case you or anyone else still needs this, I managed to find a copy of BusyKid's mod on a Chinese blog. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xbv8n...1.0.13.rar

If you or anyone else finds that this link no longer works in the future, reply here or PM me and I'll re-upload it. I archive everything.

Edit: Tested working using Labradorite's method outlined above (AWDFLASH v1.33). Win7 -> Win10
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)