Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424441
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309712
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169306
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6344
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61198

phoenix/award BIOS unlock request
#11
Ok , heres what i unlocked

Quick POST
DRAM Config (Memory Overclocking)
LTD + PCI Bus Control
Internal Video Mode
AGP Aperture Size
GFX Clock Mod
Async GFX Clk
MClk Spread Spectrum
Power Management - HDD Power Down , C2 Disable/Enable
Pnp/Pci Configuration

And A Few Others!!

Sadly , there werent any CPU Overclocking options in there

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/747181/eMachi...S-7184.bin

Flash at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#12
the ability to tighten up teh ram timings should help quite a bit

thanks for the service!

-Matt

should I use winflash to flash it, or should I wait til I have the money for a usb floppy drive and floppy disc?

also, did you see if my BIOS has the safety feature where it still allows booting even with a funky bios? I dont have an extra computer at teh moment, but at least my BIOS is socketed, so I could potentially drop it at a computer service place and have them flash my current BIOS on there
find
quote
#13
planning on trying the new BIOS in a few days, got a friend with a floppy drive/disc so wen shall see how it goes, thanks again
find
quote
#14
just wanted to update

Im on the new BIOS. unfortuanetly, there is a problem with teh BIOS and the motherboard conflicting. ram is of course stock at 200Mhz and 2.5 CAS I raised the speed to 216Mzh and raised teh CAT and a few other ram timings to 3, I can always use software to take note of all teh setting snad change them as necessary.

system refuses to boot unless I pull the battery. clearing the CMOS with a jumper apparently doesnt work on this board.

once I was back in business, I tried it again, this time I gave myself way more room with the timings same result.

I was able to utilize other various settings unlocked, so thanks again!!

-Matt

on another forum, someone mentioned of a way to force CPU clocking options but the system IC would need to be overridden

is this a possible arguement, or was this guy talking out of his backside? I know if voltage settio9ngs arent available, usually they arent on the board period, but I do know my processor, stock at 2.0 can hit 2.5 Ghz on stock voltage, and if you are lucky, 2.6

hmm, just spitballing I guess


anyways, thansk again
find
quote
#15
Quote:on another forum, someone mentioned of a way to force CPU clocking options but the system IC would need to be overridden

No idea what to do about that!

Sorry! - glad the other things worked out for you though Big Grin

Admin
find
quote
#16
alright, I have done a bunch of reading.
seems the only way to have OC options is to rip apart my cpu module and throw a retail copy in its place, in a manor of speaking

heres a link to the retail board's BIOS, and you guys have the link to my original bios
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=167

Id like some pointers, as I would like to learn to do this myself, but if you can do this, could you pelase walk me through the steps? the sites that I find go into detail are always for AMI bios's

thanks in advance
find
quote
#17
Oh Dear God!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS!

Merging the retail counterpart into the OEM version of the board has about a 5% success rate!

DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS - Just buy a new motherboard!

you have been warned! Tongue

Admin
find
quote
#18
Hi! Please, help me find my BIOS update: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG (05/15/2007-P4M890-8237-6A7L8J18C-00).

Thanks,
Marat
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)