Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424241
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223963
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119114
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61909
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169177
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6277
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

supermicro h8smi-2 bios unlocking
#1
need help unlocking supermicro h8smi-2 bios for overclocking
find
quote
#2
(09-08-2011, 06:23 AM)sinusshaphard123 Wrote: need help unlocking supermicro h8smi-2 bios for overclocking

I have the quad core rev.

I have been looking through compatible motherboards, similar models.

The ( Tyan 3400b ) is a very close match for the rev 1. supporting dual cores,
AMI Bios, AM2+, SLI MCP55 and similar layout -( BUT Nforce 3400-)
Very similar was looking good untill, I found out Tyan DOES NOT SUPPORT OVERCLOCKING

The (ASUS MN2-LR) is AMI Bios, AM2+, ES1000 Graphics, MCP55
(Supports SLI but has PCIx contoller mucking it up) Supports the quad core in later bios revisions - Makeing it a contender for the Rev 2.

I want to research more pci-e might be rock solid on the asus Mn2-Lr because it supports flexible lanes Nforce3600. AND does claim an sli schematic.

sooner or later regaurdless I am probley going to flash the asus Mn2-Lr I dont think it will brick the mobo there to similar. Worst case looks like the flash would leave you with
(1) PCI-E
(1) PCI
(1) IDE or none
(No LAN)
(The rest looks good so I think a reflash would be VERY Possible)

Im actually still in the preflight check off, I dont know if supermicro has intergrated circuts to complicate Things, like the sm remote bios I need to under stand more . But more I learn It looks good. Looking for soldered jumpers etc. Why this board would not work with Ntune seems to be a issue the PLL chip is different I think its the MCP single chip solution.
Only 1 way to know is to try it, Mr tech guy at work surrounded by supermicro help us out. Flash 1 for the team.

(I got my 1 for the team modded the x1700 acer ) MCP 73

Disclaimer blah blah SuperMicro blah (There is a chance taken with every bios flash, KNOW THE RISK and Take the risk. ; )

I will try keep this forum upto date, any help on this would be great.
(09-08-2011, 06:23 AM)sinusshaphard123 Wrote: need help unlocking supermicro h8smi-2 bios for overclocking

Looking more in dept there is also an ( MN2-SLi ) deluxe that has a closer pci layout.
This is also good news that the ( MN2 Lr ) has taken differnt PCI designs utilizing the pci-e . Looks good to assume the lanes are flexible, and tested.

Back to the MN2-LR how often do you find a SLI (nvidia) motherboard with an intergrated crappy ES1000, SEE what I mean there is likeness.

find
quote
#3
(09-08-2011, 06:23 AM)sinusshaphard123 Wrote: need help unlocking supermicro h8smi-2 bios for overclocking

Ok so now I found the (Tier 1) MN2

MN2-Lr (Server edition)
MN2-SLI deluxe (Highend)
and
M2N32-SLI Deluxe ( Teir 1 )

so now I can pick and pull the information in circut compatibility between boards
I got some comparison work. I could use the help as im a newb but my gut tells me the server edition is the best match ?
find
quote
#4
will you please inform me when u have found a solution to this as i have acquired an h8smi-2 and would like to overclock the athlon x2 5000+ i am currently running in it
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)