Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108049
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425650
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227609
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[test, sp55088] Compaq Presario CQ43-200TU BIOS mod request
#1
Hello. I have the Compaq Presario CQ43-200TU notebook, which has the following wireless module built in:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_1461103C&REV_01

It works very badly, so I'd like to replace it with another one. I've bought Intel centrino wireless module:

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
Model: 11230BNHMW

Have no idea about vendor id and device id, since after I plug it into my notebook, it will not boot, saying that inserted wireless card is not supported, restart and remove.

My notebook has Insyde bios and here's Latest firmware for it:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55088.exe

Thanks in advance!

find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(11-05-2011, 01:26 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news.

It wont boot any more, only caps lock is flashing !
How can I flash it back to normal state? there are 3 .fd files inside the flash, which one I should put to flash drive?
find
quote
#4
hmmmm, let me make some indagations, i will tell you the names.
Format must be FAT32, and pendrive better if 2Gb max capacity (if it is greater can work too, just try).

Create this folder structure in pendrive, let's assume pendrive is letter P:

P:\HEWLETT-PACKARD\BIOS\Current

Copy the 3 .FD files from the original bios not the modded one to the Current folder and rename all three from *.FD to *.BIN

Remove battery, remove AC cord, plug pendrive, Win+B, AC cord, power on while keep pressing Win+B keys. If not working try in other USB port, if not working, try with all four arrows in place of Win+B keypress.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
I've already tried that.

Does not works.

Also, it does not requires WIN+B, it always tries to access the flash drive after boot up, and it takes longer as there are many files on it.
find
quote
#6
What should I do now, send my laptop to trash? Sad
find
quote
#7
Have you tried to press the four arrows at the same time when power laptop on and usb stick inserted to force recovery?
Try this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...p55088.rar

unpack in a fresh formatted FAT32 pendrive.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
Yes I tried that, FN+ESC, FN+F and all other combinations found on net. Tried different flash drives, fat16 and fa32, even tried SD card - always the same.

I've placed your files on flash drive now, but same result. However, there's notable difference - in case when there are .bin files, it takes much more time to access flash drive, pen drive led is on for longer time, and blinks rapidly. So I think, the .BIN files are one that should be flashed, but somehow, bios does not "recognizes" them as own flash files. With your files, it only took couple of flashes of pen drive led.

I called HP support today, and they've said that such behavour (I told them that problem happened after flashing legit bios) indicates serious problem and laptop should be sent for repair to area, where it was purchased (local warranty only). But problem is, that I bought it in New Delhi, India, where I was on business trip, and not going there in the nearest future. I also talked to local guy, who works at local HP service center, and he said, since this is not model for local market, there are very few chances that HP will give them firmware for this particular model. He said, that if I somehow will get flash dump of this particular bios, he may try to re-flash the bios chip using dedicated hardware.
find
quote
#9
I have an idea, what if I ask someone who has such laptop, to dump their bios, and then flash it to directly to my laptops eprom chip?
find
quote
#10
Hey, I've got a partial success !

I've renamed these bin.dec files into .bin, and put them to flash drive along with .sig files

now, after startup, it reads the flash drive, and screen comes on for a moment! I can see cursor flashing, but then it restarts again, and goes into same loop again
Continued testing

1. It does not cares about .sig files
2. Works only with .dec files renamed to .bin, does nothing with original BINs

I think, maybe all these .bin files should be merged into single file?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)