Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Z50-70 & Z40-70 (9BCNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well thanks to Dudu2002 whitelist now removed and bios unlocked but there is another problem now when i restart laptop sometimes detects wifi and works but sometimes says no wifi device and wifi wont work... like i need to restart 3-4 times to see wifi working... any fix around it?
Hello there,
My Lenovo Z50-70 implements a WiFi whitelist, I want to disable it in order to install a better wifi card.
My BIOS version is v91, and I don't like to go back to v26 for some reason, so what I want is to patch the v91 BIOS.

Motherboard Model: Lenovo Z50-70
BIOS Version: 9BCN91WW
Backup Bios : https://www.sendspace.com/file/cdqvef
Results: https://www.sendspace.com/file/40vztb
Original WiFi Card: Realtek RTL8723BE
New WiFi Card: Intel AC-8260 (8260NGW)

Thanks! in advance
(12-19-2016, 12:46 AM)HSaber Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there,
My Lenovo Z50-70 implements a WiFi whitelist, I want to disable it in order to install a better wifi card.
My BIOS version is v91, and I don't like to go back to v26 for some reason, so what I want is to patch the v91 BIOS.

Motherboard Model: Lenovo Z50-70
BIOS Version: 9BCN91WW

Thanks! in advance
Hi
Your mod completed, read PM
Hey guys!

I recently installed os x on my laptop but I need to put a new wifi card that os x can detect.
I tried a guide to flash my bios that is on tonymacx86 website, but I have problems when I try to install the modified bios on my laptop with ftpw64.exe via windows 10 home. I get a 366 or 284 error, both them with this message: "Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account."

I use CMD with administrator privilege and also tried to do it from the administrator account. Also tried the "close lid" trick but no luck.
So here I am, if anybody can give an advide or another way to flash my bios I will be eternally thankful.

Anyway thanks for your time guys!
I have a Z40-70 with 9BCN91WW too. 
I want to install the Broadcom BCM943602BAED.

I already did the mod following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide...al.187340/

If I can´t use fptw64.exe with Windows 10 is there any other way I can try?

The problem is that I only have Windows 10 installed on this PC and really like to keep it, so I´m really wondering if there´s a procedure to flash the BIOS without the need to lose my installation.

I tried the "BIOS Update" guide using a flash usb with Win 98 DOS boot, but get a "Phoenix Phlash 16 Error / Platform Signature Not found in the Interface"

Is there any other way I can try?

Thank you in advance!
(12-26-2016, 04:00 PM)robinsonsampa Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Z40-70 with 9BCN91WW too. 
I want to install the Broadcom BCM943602BAED.

I already did the mod following this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide...al.187340/

If I can´t use fptw64.exe with Windows 10 is there any other way I can try?

The problem is that I only have Windows 10 installed on this PC and really like to keep it, so I´m really wondering if there´s a procedure to flash the BIOS without the need to lose my installation.

I tried the "BIOS Update" guide using a flash usb with Win 98 DOS boot, but get a "Phoenix Phlash 16 Error / Platform Signature Not found in the Interface"

Is there any other way I can try?

Thank you in advance!
1. you need to lower the BIOS to version 9BCN26WW
2. use the Sleep Bug

fptw64 -f you_mod.bin -bios

works in Win 10
(12-26-2016, 04:14 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]1. you need to lower the BIOS to version 9BCN26WW
2. use the Sleep Bug

works in Win 10

hi! tks for the help

but I have to mod this older BIOS too or can I flash with the new 9BCN91WW after that?

Undecided

this is a dangerous procedure so I wanna to be sure, and course would be great to keep the latest bios update too  Big Grin
(12-26-2016, 04:14 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]1. you need to lower the BIOS to version 9BCN26WW
2. use the Sleep Bug

works in Win 10

Back flashed to 9BCN26WW and did all steps again, getting the Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows)
I think I can back to 9BCN91WW because the older BIOS didnt help   Sad

now my chances are: put a new SSD inside my laptop, install windows 7 and after flash back with my original Win 10  Idea
(12-26-2016, 08:39 PM)robinsonsampa Wrote: [ -> ]Back flashed to 9BCN26WW and did all steps again, getting the Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows)
I think I can back to 9BCN91WW because the older BIOS didnt help   Sad

now my chances are: put a new SSD inside my laptop, install windows 7 and after flash back with my original Win 10  Idea
Hi
Your mod completed, read messages
Did the mod work ?
How did you took backup of bios ?

I too have same laptop but my bios is slightly different (with 9BCN25WW, in place of yours 9BCN91WW), as I am new, please guide me what to do next .

Thanks, and happy new year.