Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo T440(S) (GJETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I too will need the whitelist removed from my bios please,  would a dump straight from the chip suffice, or do I need to go through the tools that everybody else is doing?  Also should I update to the latest bios first and then dump it, or should I stick with 2.40?
Thank you in advance for any help in getting the whitelist removed.
- Manufacturer: LENOVO
- Model: ThinkPad T440
- BIOS revision: 2.40
- BIOS Type: UEFI
- BIOS Download Link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj17us.iso
(08-30-2017, 12:47 PM)knight0fdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I too will need the whitelist removed from my bios please,  would a dump straight from the chip suffice, or do I need to go through the tools that everybody else is doing?  Also should I update to the latest bios first and then dump it, or should I stick with 2.40?
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
(08-30-2017, 01:09 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2017, 12:47 PM)knight0fdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I too will need the whitelist removed from my bios please,  would a dump straight from the chip suffice, or do I need to go through the tools that everybody else is doing?  Also should I update to the latest bios first and then dump it, or should I stick with 2.40?
Hi

I should have clarified,  I have dumped it via an SOIC8 clip,  would that binary suffice, or do I need go to through the tools posted here to extract the binary, then after the list is removed, flash it back on with the SPI programmer.
(08-31-2017, 01:49 PM)knight0fdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I should have clarified,  I have dumped it via an SOIC8 clip,  would that binary suffice, or do I need go to through the tools posted here to extract the binary, then after the list is removed, flash it back on with the SPI programmer.
Hi
use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make bios damp
HI I will buy a thinkpad t440 is it possible to remove the wifi whitelist to use another wifi card? 
If i whould need some special tools is it possible that someone can flash me a chip for some money?
MFG
Tjard Frischling
(11-21-2017, 07:59 AM)tjard.frischling Wrote: [ -> ]HI I will buy a thinkpad t440 is it possible to remove the wifi whitelist to use another wifi card? 
If i whould need some special tools is it possible that someone can flash me a chip for some money?
MFG
Tjard Frischling
Hi
(11-21-2017, 08:03 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 07:59 AM)tjard.frischling Wrote: [ -> ]HI I will buy a thinkpad t440 is it possible to remove the wifi whitelist to use another wifi card? 
MFG
Tjard Frischling
Hi

And i must change the bioschip or what?

MFG
Tjard Frischling
(11-21-2017, 08:19 AM)tjard.frischling Wrote: [ -> ]And i must change the bioschip or what?

MFG
Tjard Frischling
No, re-flash bios chip
(11-21-2017, 08:24 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 08:19 AM)tjard.frischling Wrote: [ -> ]And i must change the bioschip or what?

MFG
Tjard Frischling
No, re-flash bios chip

but with what bios and hardware? ive never do something before..

regards
Tjard Frischling
Hello people,
I also would apreciate, if someone can modify my ThinkPad T440s bios with:
-WLAN Whitelist edit
-advanced menu enable

Here is the original dump:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-130...2.zip.html