Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 128
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 200
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223049
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119020
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 198
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6697
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309275
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61854
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 520
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20160
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169009
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6210
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 716
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5686
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61037
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274880
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24777

marvell bios
#11
I'm not sure... the last time I used a SATA card was a SiI3112 SATA150 card when SATA was pretty young. I know that some cards/chips don't support multiples in a system and I also know that some other cards will load an OROM one time and detect multiple chips with it. Perhaps you could try it in another computer and try a firmware update on it... Not too sure, otherwise. I'll think about it a bit and get back to you if I think of anything.

By the way, many consumer boards don't support both Intel Matrix RAID and third-party RAID enabled at the same time. Option ROMs are stored in the BIOS in compressed form and are decompressed into memory when enabled. In addition to the BIOS image needing enough space, depending on the motherboard, the memory reserved for OROMs may be too small for this stuff. Especially when Intel's RAID OROM keeps getting WAY bigger.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#12
(08-17-2011, 07:22 PM)Dansolo Wrote: I'm not sure... the last time I used a SATA card was a SiI3112 SATA150 card when SATA was pretty young. I know that some cards/chips don't support multiples in a system and I also know that some other cards will load an OROM one time and detect multiple chips with it. Perhaps you could try it in another computer and try a firmware update on it... Not too sure, otherwise. I'll think about it a bit and get back to you if I think of anything.

By the way, many consumer boards don't support both Intel Matrix RAID and third-party RAID enabled at the same time. Option ROMs are stored in the BIOS in compressed form and are decompressed into memory when enabled. In addition to the BIOS image needing enough space, depending on the motherboard, the memory reserved for OROMs may be too small for this stuff. Especially when Intel's RAID OROM keeps getting WAY bigger.



Hi!
Thanks for the help and reply!
I saw another user post @xtream forums and he had the same problem like me.
Your 0701 Bios is using:
- Marvel 1029 AHCI
- Intel 10.5**RAID

This will not work!

To work it needs to be:
-Marvel 1029
-Intel 10.1**RAID
:-)


Hi now have a different question,

can we customize the BIOS so that U3S6 works?
Even with P6X58D-E: Intel and Marvel disabled on BIOS (if they are OROM then they will not be loaded corrected? / uncompress), i cant see my U3S6 Sad

it works on P55 boards. Like P6T Deluxe Sad



2nd question: I have 24GB DDR3 ECC RAM stopped because the system wont boot with it.
I do have a XEON E5540 working on this board (but asus dont mention it works).
The ECC is something dependent on CPU and not on the board i think.

Anything we can do to put this memory working? :\


Thanks for everything
find
quote
#13
Okay, here's one with 10.1, and here's another one with 11.0 for others that don't need that. The 10.1 ROM is a good 30-35KB smaller so it does have a better chance of running smoothly with other OROMs enabled. For those of you not needing other OROMs to run, give 11.0 a try. 10.1 will NOT boot >2TB arrays.

These files are named *.zip.rom for the forum to accept them, but they are actually .rom.zip.


Attached Files
.rom   p6x58d-e-asus-0701-imr10.1-mrv1029e6e7.zip.rom (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 50)
.rom   p6x58d-e-asus-0701-imr11.0-mrv1029e6e7.zip.rom (Size: 1.08 MB / Downloads: 93)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#14
(08-18-2011, 07:55 AM)Dansolo Wrote: Okay, here's one with 10.1, and here's another one with 11.0 for others that don't need that. The 10.1 ROM is a good 30-35KB smaller so it does have a better chance of running smoothly with other OROMs enabled. For those of you not needing other OROMs to run, give 11.0 a try. 10.1 will NOT boot >2TB arrays.

These files are named *.zip.rom for the forum to accept them, but they are actually .rom.zip.

Thanks Dansolo!
I will give them a try later on and i will let you know the result.


By the way, any idea about the other issues i've mentioned above?
- pci-e card
- ecc memory
- cpu microcode
find
quote
#15
sorry, don't know

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#16
(07-11-2011, 06:51 AM)Dansolo Wrote: Intel Matrix RAID 10.5.1.1070
Marvell 88SE9123 OROM and E6/E7 firmware version 1029

UNTESTED, use at your own risk.

Hi. I have downloaded your files, but with asus update utility don't work Blush. How can I do upgrade firmware ? I have an integrated chipset on asus sabertooth x58 and actual release is: BIOS 10.0.1019 FW 2.2.0.1413. At this site http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm I have update with other version without results. Same version. Dodgy ! Could you help me ? Many thanks Alezz
find
quote
#17

@ nino2000

Use EZ Flash
find
quote
#18
How's everyone getting on with the marvel drivers?

I'm using a Crucial M4 SSD (firmware 0009), Asus P6x58D-E, bios 0701, with Marvel 1.0.0.1019 (default) at bios, but 1.0.0.1045 loaded in Windows. So far (early days) it's stable in Windows, but the motherboard often can't see the SSD when booting, so I'm interested in flashing the Marvel driver in the Bios. But as long as 1045 is stable I'm not wanting to try 1029 unless others have had good success with it.

Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks
find
quote
#19
hi! this is my first post! i have some trouble with this mb (asus p6x58d-e), some random freeze :S
is possible update the bios v.701 with the newest marvell and intel rapid storage firmware??
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm

THX a lot!
find
quote
#20
(08-18-2011, 07:55 AM)Dansolo Wrote: Okay, here's one with 10.1, and here's another one with 11.0 for others that don't need that. The 10.1 ROM is a good 30-35KB smaller so it does have a better chance of running smoothly with other OROMs enabled. For those of you not needing other OROMs to run, give 11.0 a try. 10.1 will NOT boot >2TB arrays.

These files are named *.zip.rom for the forum to accept them, but they are actually .rom.zip.


I tried to flash the 11.0 ROM using the Asus utility (ALT+F2) but it says the size does not match and wont let me do it. Is there another way to flash it.

Is Marvel 1029 and Intel 11.0 still the latest versions?

Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)