Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221781
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118859
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 141
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6627
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308862
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61684
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 432
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20071
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168743
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6113
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5606
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60892
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274784
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 761
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694652

[REQUEST] Lenovo X220 (8DETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(01-06-2022, 01:30 PM)bunualaman Wrote: I have full blown modded v1.46 BIOS but it says unauthorised wlan card
Now there are at least two reports on faulty BIOS mod.
(11-21-2018, 04:57 PM)Jonaldinho Wrote: I tried this Bios and I still get the error

I can remake it.
find
quote
Hi,

Both v1.46 patches failed on my hardware!


Solution:
1) install v1.45 official Bios (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/8duj30us.iso)
2) install v1.45 mod Bios (https://files.catbox.moe/qdj4n0.7z)



Without installing Windows:

1) Create USB-stick
* geteltorito -o 8duj30us.img 8duj30us.iso
* dd if=8duj30us.img of=/dev/sdX

2) Create USB-stick: Windows 7 Trial installer (no key required)
* i used: 7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_enterprise_en-us_EVAL_Eval_Enterprise-GRMCENEVAL_EN_DVD.iso

3) Create a small Fat32 or NTFS partition
* extract the mod Bios to that partition

4) Now boot Win7
* abort the installation immediately
* click: Repair->Command-Prompt
* change dir: C:/mod
* run: flash.bat



This page is completely f'd up in Firefox+Chrome
find
quote
(01-19-2020, 03:56 PM)nailzuk Wrote: Just Flashed modded BIOS 1.4.6 using Windows P.E  ( i use arch BTW! )
After a few 'flash failed' 'reflashing' messages it came good in the end, thanks for the MOD
regards

我也是这样情况 Thanks  ValdikSS、nailzuk
find
quote
I want to remove whitelist protections on a X220 to I can use a new ax210 card in it. I am by nature very cautious however, and wanted to look at what changed in the "no whitelist only" image.

I was expecting to see only a few address changed, to bypass the whitelist logic, as is described in this medium post.

However, when I compare the images I see that 1 out of 8 MB are changed:

Code:
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios$ cmp -l '8duj31us/8DET76WW/$01CB000.FL1' 'modded/8DET76WW/$01CB000.FL1' | wc -l
1043216


This can of course be quite inaccurate, as a small change that moves some code will report everything as changed, but I'm still wondering why there is such a large change in the binary blob.

Thanks very much for your work on this BIOS ValdikSS . I'm sorry to trouble you with this question and appreciate any guidance you can offer me.
find
quote
I've looked at another modded firmware image for version 1.40 posted by another user earlier in this thread.

I see a much more modest 9813 bytes of change between the two images; about 2000 characters of code have also been removed from the image:

Code:
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/140$ ls -l "8duj31us/206A7.PAT" "Lenovo ThinkPad x220_1.40-(8DET70WW)-8duj26us_NWL_ADV_AES_PM_Speedo/Modified/206A7.PAT"
-rwxrwxr-x 1 johnf johnf 12288 Jun  1  2018  8duj31us/206A7.PAT
-rw-rw-r-- 1 johnf johnf 10240 Jun 23 12:05 'Lenovo ThinkPad x220_1.40-(8DET70WW)-8duj26us_NWL_ADV_AES_PM_Speedo/Modified/206A7.PAT'
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/140$ cmp -l "8duj31us/206A7.PAT" "Lenovo ThinkPad x220_1.40-(8DET70WW)-8duj26us_NWL_ADV_AES_PM_Speedo/Modified/206A7.PAT" | wc -l
cmp: EOF on Lenovo ThinkPad x220_1.40-(8DET70WW)-8duj26us_NWL_ADV_AES_PM_Speedo/Modified/206A7.PAT after byte 10240
9813
find
quote
ValdikSS replied by email and said that it was necessary to extract the firmware using uefiextract in order to properly compare the changes. Doing so, I've found the changes are much smaller than I had documented above and inline with my expectations for this type of modification. We can see 23 bytes of change in something named LenovoWmaPolicyDxe.efi and some minor changes in volume free space and padding.

You can see the analysis here below.


Code:
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/extracted$ diff -qr stock/\$01CB000.FL1.dump/ modded/\$01CB000.FL1.dump/ | grep -v txt
Files stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/8 4A538818-5AE0-4EB2-B2EB-488B23657022/0 Compressed section/1 Volume image section/0 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/199 LenovoWmaPolicyDxe.efi/0 FC1BCDB0-7D31-49AA-936A-A4600D9DD083/0 PE32 image section/body.bin and modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/8 4A538818-5AE0-4EB2-B2EB-488B23657022/0 Compressed section/1 Volume image section/0 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/199 LenovoWmaPolicyDxe.efi/0 FC1BCDB0-7D31-49AA-936A-A4600D9DD083/0 PE32 image section/body.bin differ
Files stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin and modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin differ
Files stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/2 FFF12B8D-7696-4C8B-A985-2747075B4F50/0 Padding/body.bin and modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/2 FFF12B8D-7696-4C8B-A985-2747075B4F50/0 Padding/body.bin differ
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/extracted$ cmp -l 'stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/8 4A538818-5AE0-4EB2-B2EB-488B23657022/0 Compressed section/1 Volume image section/0 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/199 LenovoWmaPolicyDxe.efi/0 FC1BCDB0-7D31-49AA-936A-A4600D9DD083/0 PE32 image section/body.bin' 'modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/8 4A538818-5AE0-4EB2-B2EB-488B23657022/0 Compressed section/1 Volume image section/0 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/199 LenovoWmaPolicyDxe.efi/0 FC1BCDB0-7D31-49AA-936A-A4600D9DD083/0 PE32 image section/body.bin' | wc -l
23
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/extracted$ cmp -l 'stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/2 FFF12B8D-7696-4C8B-A985-2747075B4F50/0 Padding/body.bin' 'modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/2 FFF12B8D-7696-4C8B-A985-2747075B4F50/0 Padding/body.bin' | wc -l
404
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/extracted$ cmp -l 'stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin' 'modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin' | wc -l
cmp: EOF on modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin after byte 131624
0
johnf@johnf-nuc:~/tmp/x220-bios/extracted$ ls -l 'stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin' 'modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 johnf johnf 131624 Jun 24 08:40 'modded/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin'
-rw-rw-r-- 1 johnf johnf 131656 Jun 24 08:37 'stock/$01CB000.FL1.dump/1 7A9354D9-0468-444A-81CE-0BF617D890DF/9 Volume free space/body.bin'

I now feel comfortable installing the modified firmware. Thanks very much for your work on this firmware update and for taking the time to reply ValdikSS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)