Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Asus GL504GV BIOS Unlock
Last Post: LordFalcon
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1708
[REQUEST] HP Gaming Pavilion 15-cx0xxx B...
Last Post: kurt.itdev
Today 09:46 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1662
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD & 100...
Last Post: michel874
Today 09:00 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6840
[REQUEST] Asus eeepc 1025C
Last Post: sium
Today 08:59 PM
» Replies: 88
» Views: 110412
[READ FIRST] Access Advanced settings th...
Last Post: krzysiek01027
Today 08:26 PM
» Replies: 425
» Views: 568790
Fujitsu Esprimo P5710 - unlock [REQUEST]
Last Post: monkeywrench
Today 05:31 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 420
Asus h61m-d & xeon e3-1265l v2
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 04:28 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] - Acer Swift 3 SF314-41G bios ...
Last Post: ersan
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 advanced menu
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 43
» Views: 16992
[REQUEST] ThinkPad T14 Gen1 Intel BIOS W...
Last Post: SSV CHAOTIC
Today 05:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U310 & U410 (65...
Last Post: 5CarPileup
Today 02:04 AM
» Replies: 1767
» Views: 379812
HP Pro 3500: CPU Upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:13 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 4509
HP EliteBook 840 g2 NVMe
Last Post: x86-64
Yesterday 06:30 AM
» Views: 97
[Request] Dell 7400 2 in 1 Computrace/Ab...
Last Post: Lorand187
05-01-2024 10:34 PM
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Gigabyte B75M-D3H BIOS Unlock
Last Post: topadefir
05-01-2024 12:56 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 4041
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: samugarob
05-01-2024 10:08 AM
» Replies: 674
» Views: 168584
[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Un...
Last Post: George205
05-01-2024 09:22 AM
» Replies: 167
» Views: 68694
[REQUEST] Gigabyte G5 KC Unlock BIOS
Last Post: Dudu2002
05-01-2024 04:06 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 2331
[REQUEST] M920q BIOS unlock
Last Post: d3vf0x
04-30-2024 04:50 PM
» Views: 180
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-30-2024 02:15 PM
» Replies: 1186
» Views: 269025

GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 for 3TB drives
Thumbs Up 
(09-16-2014, 10:08 PM)gto4ben Wrote: Gigabyte SLIC added. See earlier posting for the update.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...4#pid76744
Yes, reverting is as easy as reflashing with the original bios.
Use the RST version (v12.9.0.1001). The 13 series has given some trouble with the older chipsets, myself included, even if the bios has a 13 series OROM.
Thanks, so much, for taking the time to do this for me. I really appreciate it.

It'll probably be a couple weeks before I can do a full backup and give this a test, but I'll be certain and report back my findings. Have a great day!
find
gto4ben

Thank you so much for modding the BIOS files for us that still have this motherboard. Kind of an unrelated question. Recently my motherboard GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 has been restarting 2-3 times before it would post. I was running BIOS FFB for over a year and it was not doing it. I pulled everything from the case and set it up on the table.

My question is: once I flash the BIOS you created in post #45, what steps should I take to ensure no hardware is holding on to settings or anything like that?

Thanks so much!
find
(10-07-2014, 08:33 AM)Calorim Wrote: gto4ben

Thank you so much for modding the BIOS files for us that still have this motherboard. Kind of an unrelated question. Recently my motherboard GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 has been restarting 2-3 times before it would post. I was running BIOS FFB for over a year and it was not doing it. I pulled everything from the case and set it up on the table.

My question is: once I flash the BIOS you created in post #45, what steps should I take to ensure no hardware is holding on to settings or anything like that?

Thanks so much!
Since you have the hardware out, replace the 3V coin battery on the motherboard and for good measure, move the jumper to the "Clear CMOS" position for 30 seconds. This will clear the bios settings and allow the bios to redetect the hardware once powered up. A fresh coin battery may be needed to properly preserve the bios settings if the old one's voltage decreased after many years of service. The other hardware should clear their settings once power is removed.
After flashing the bios, "load optimized settings" in the bios should default the bios settings for best performance. Afterwards, you can change specific settings as required.
find
(10-07-2014, 09:58 AM)gto4ben Wrote:
(10-07-2014, 08:33 AM)Calorim Wrote: gto4ben

Thanks so much!
Since you have the hardware out, replace the 3V coin battery on the motherboard and for good measure, move the jumper to the "Clear CMOS" position for 30 seconds. This will clear the bios settings and allow the bios to redetect the hardware once powered up. A fresh coin battery may be needed to properly preserve the bios settings if the old one's voltage decreased after many years of service. The other hardware should clear their settings once power is removed.
After flashing the bios, "load optimized settings" in the bios should default the bios settings for best performance. Afterwards, you can change specific settings as required.

Thanks so much! I will let you know how the results turn out. I really want to use your BIOS mod so I can do the LGA 771 to 775 sticker mod to a Xeon E5472. Though I will be trying the BIOS first on Celeron E3200.
find
(09-16-2014, 10:08 PM)gto4ben Wrote: Gigabyte SLIC added. See earlier posting for the update.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...4#pid76744
Yes, reverting is as easy as reflashing with the original bios.
Use the RST version (v12.9.0.1001). The 13 series has given some trouble with the older chipsets, myself included, even if the bios has a 13 series OROM.
I said I'd report back once I had the chance to apply the new BIOS, and I just completed the process - SUCCESSFULLY! Everything went smoothly, and I didn't even lose my RAID setup on the Intel BIOS - (2 SSD's in a RAID 0 - Drive C: and 4 750GB drives in a RAID 10 - Drive D).

I was using the Intel v13.2.4.1000 drivers before the BIOS update and they seem (so far) to be working well after the BIOS update. And, BEST OF ALL, TRIM IS WORKING on my RAID 0 SSD's (according to TrimCheck). I will keep an eye out for issues over the next few days, but if I don't have problems, I'll probably stick with the v13 drivers.

Sorry, I wasn't able to report back sooner (finally did it this morning after backing up). Again, thanks so much, for taking the time to make this customized BIOS for me. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
find
Thanks so much for the hard work on these custom Bios versions!

I have a 3TB WD Red drive that I just want to storage for storage in a GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 system. I have an SSD as the boot drive. I flashed the bios with one of the custom FFb version and the BIOS now recognizes the drive as 3TB but my existing OS (win 8.1 64bit) has mixed indications. I originally formatted the drive (GUID) using GPARTED and the some parts of the system see it as 3TB (win disk mgmt) but others don't (HD Tune, others). After the BIOS flash I tried to format it using windows and I get an error that windows can't format it.

Are there drivers in windows I need to update? I tried to update the Intel ICH10R driver but it says that I'm up to date (6/4/2009). I keep reading about RST drivers but I'm not using a RAID so I'm not sure if I need to install those drivers or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
find
(12-07-2014, 06:37 PM)gadgetware Wrote: Thanks so much for the hard work on these custom Bios versions!

I have a 3TB WD Red drive that I just want to storage for storage in a GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 system. I have an SSD as the boot drive. I flashed the bios with one of the custom FFb version and the BIOS now recognizes the drive as 3TB but my existing OS (win 8.1 64bit) has mixed indications. I originally formatted the drive (GUID) using GPARTED and the some parts of the system see it as 3TB (win disk mgmt) but others don't (HD Tune, others). After the BIOS flash I tried to format it using windows and I get an error that windows can't format it.

Are there drivers in windows I need to update? I tried to update the Intel ICH10R driver but it says that I'm up to date (6/4/2009). I keep reading about RST drivers but I'm not using a RAID so I'm not sure if I need to install those drivers or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SUCCESS!!! I kept having problems because every time I would set the Intel controller to RAID in the bios the machine wouldn't boot. If I couldn't get windows to boot I couldn't get the drivers installed. Here's what finally worked:

1. Moved my boot drive over to the GSATA controller and changed the Intel controller to RAID in the BIOS
2. Booted windows and now it could see the new controller (Intel RAID), which allowed me to install the new Intel RAID drivers
3. Moved my boot drive back to the Intel controller, disabled the GSATA controller and rebooted.

Now windows recognizes the drive properly as a 3TB drive and doesn't give errors when I asked it to be formatted.

Thanks again for all the work on these forums. Took me a while to understand that even though I wasn't using my drives in a RAID configuration I still needed to use the RAID drivers.
find
Congratulations!
find
Just tried the Bios in Post 45 for my 1.6 rev. it get's to Verifying DMI Pool Data... and stops. Any Suggestions?

I have 2 4TB drives I'd like to run in a Raid 1.
find
(12-30-2014, 09:49 PM)CCWTech Wrote: Just tried the Bios in Post 45 for my 1.6 rev. it get's to Verifying DMI Pool Data... and stops. Any Suggestions?

I have 2 4TB drives I'd like to run in a Raid 1.

Have you asserted the "Load Optimized Defaults" in the bios after you flashed the new bios? This is a necessary step to clear the old bios settings. You'll then have to set the appropriate settings for you setup. Be sure to check the HD boot order in the bios or it will try to boot from a USB stick or a drive without a OS. Be sure your power suppy is up to the task as well since adding the drives on a marginal PS will result if strange behavior.
find