Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424294
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224164
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119145
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61945
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6307
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

HP DV6-2153el Whitelist Wireless Adapters
#1
Hello, I would like to replace my actual Broadcom 43225 b/g/n with a new Atheros wireless module.

The BIOS can be downloader here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48953.exe

The ID Hardware of my Broadcom is:
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_0280

The ID Hardware of the NEW Atheros I will mount is:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_028000

I followed many guides, but the bios is in .bin format, so I don't know how to "extract" informations from the bios.
I need some help...

Best regards!

kalo
find
quote
#2
(11-28-2010, 12:28 PM)kalo86 Wrote: Hello, I would like to replace my actual Broadcom 43225 b/g/n with a new Atheros wireless module.

The BIOS can be downloader here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48953.exe


I need some help...

Best regards!

kalo

HP DV6-2153el WLAN/WWAN whitelists check removed
HP DV6-2153el_363CF1C_no_whitelist_by_TTAV134.zip

flash with InsydeFlash.exe

regards
find
quote
#3
(11-28-2010, 01:14 PM)TTAV134 Wrote:
(11-28-2010, 12:28 PM)kalo86 Wrote: Hello, I would like to replace my actual Broadcom 43225 b/g/n with a new Atheros wireless module.

The BIOS can be downloader here:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48953.exe


I need some help...

Best regards!

kalo

HP DV6-2153el WLAN/WWAN whitelists check removed
HP DV6-2153el_363CF1C_no_whitelist_by_TTAV134.zip

flash with InsydeFlash.exe

regards

Hello, can I know the complete procedure for removing the whitelist?
I extracted the ROM file from the .bin with the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0, then I tried to open the ROm file with Phoenix Bios Editor, but I receive an error popup...
Thank you in advance!
find
quote
#4
Quote:Hello, can I know the complete procedure for removing the whitelist?
I extracted the ROM file from the .bin with the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0, then I tried to open the ROm file with Phoenix Bios Editor, but I receive an error popup...
Thank you in advance!

Bad procedure, Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit is for bios backup, and Phoenix Bios Editor cannot handle these new EFI bios, you can use EzH2O or MDL PhoenixTool (search on google).
Concerning whitelist removal that's not trivial and cannot be describe in few lines.
find
quote
#5
(11-28-2010, 02:41 PM)TTAV134 Wrote:
Quote:Hello, can I know the complete procedure for removing the whitelist?
I extracted the ROM file from the .bin with the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0, then I tried to open the ROm file with Phoenix Bios Editor, but I receive an error popup...
Thank you in advance!

Bad procedure, Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit is for bios backup, and Phoenix Bios Editor cannot handle these new EFI bios, you can use EzH2O or MDL PhoenixTool (search on google).
Concerning whitelist removal that's not trivial and cannot be describe in few lines.

Ok, thanks anyway!
You are helping me! Soon I will try the mod-bios.
Regards
find
quote
#6
(11-28-2010, 03:07 PM)kalo86 Wrote:
(11-28-2010, 02:41 PM)TTAV134 Wrote:
Quote:Hello, can I know the complete procedure for removing the whitelist?
I extracted the ROM file from the .bin with the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0, then I tried to open the ROm file with Phoenix Bios Editor, but I receive an error popup...
Thank you in advance!

Bad procedure, Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit is for bios backup, and Phoenix Bios Editor cannot handle these new EFI bios, you can use EzH2O or MDL PhoenixTool (search on google).
Concerning whitelist removal that's not trivial and cannot be describe in few lines.

Ok, thanks anyway!
You are helping me! Soon I will try the mod-bios.
Regards

@TTAV134
A question for you: if I brick my bios, what file I have to put in my pen drive? I have real only about .fd bios' extension.
My Bios has .bin extension, so should have I to put only the 363CF1C.bin on the usb pen drive?
find
quote
#7

Quote:@TTAV134
A question for you: if I brick my bios, what file I have to put in my pen drive? I have real only about .fd bios' extension.
My Bios has .bin extension, so should have I to put only the 363CF1C.bin on the usb pen drive?

only 4 caracters, 363C.bin or 3658.bin depending of your hardware
EFI recovery is discused in many forums, search with google.
find
quote
#8
(11-29-2010, 03:32 AM)TTAV134 Wrote:
Quote:@TTAV134
A question for you: if I brick my bios, what file I have to put in my pen drive? I have real only about .fd bios' extension.
My Bios has .bin extension, so should have I to put only the 363CF1C.bin on the usb pen drive?

only 4 caracters, 363C.bin or 3658.bin depending of your hardware
EFI recovery is discused in many forums, search with google.

Hello! I want just to THANK YOU because the Bios is working very very good!
My new Atheros Wireless card is recognized fine and at the boot all is like the standard bios ----> Zero Problems!
Regards and thanks again for the help!

kalo86

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)