Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101441
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7254
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6972
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14327
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425363
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3827
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 321
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227259
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119462
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6986
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310484
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

[REQUEST] EVGA 113-M2-E113-TR BIOS Unlock
#1
Ok. TheWiz helped me out with a cpu microcode update, and it worked great. But he also added an ASUS slic 2.0 ( I have a legal XP PRO key, and would like to have a clean bios to play around with, like adding slic 2.1 myself )

My bios has the option to enable Virtualization , but it still doesn't work.
I use "AMD-V_Hyper-V_Compatibility_Check_Utility_V2" to check for the feature.

Basically, I was wondering if someone could fix the Virtualization problem, and remove the ASUS slic but leave the updated cpu microcode intact. ( The processor is an AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE )
I have tested both the modded bios and the stock evga bios, but Virtualization does not work on either.
Also, any recommend tools to do this myself would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. Shy

A730AZ13.BIN is the stock bios from EVGA
evga113.bin is the modded bios from TheWiz


Attached Files
.bin   A730AZ13.BIN (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 13)
.bin   evga113.bin (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#2
If Virtualization does not work on either bios then you may as well stay with the modded one and havethe updated microcode. Also , if your not using the Asus 2.0 SLIC theres absolutely no reason why you should have it removed - its doesnt affect the bios in any way! You face a bigger risk of us remodding with the original and putting in microcode but not SLIC then reflashing.

"If its not broken don't fix it"

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Hey man,

I got really busy around the time you asked me to do the SLIC 2.1, do you still need it. Also, if your virtualization needs testing, try sun virtualbox and see how it runs. Is it just the option that doesnt show or the actual feature. Also, the CPU has to support virtualization, which it should. Lots to think about, but should help us out.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#4
It started working!? I loaded the "Failsafe Bios Defaults", then I enabled Virtualization, and now it started working.
Sun Virtual box works great, and it had AMD-V enabled. But oddly, Virtual PC 2007 says that my machine is capable, but I can't select the check box to enable it.
About the slic 2.1, I would only want to use Windows 7 if the XP mode feature is a viable way to play games that are unstable in Windows 7. (can I use 3d hardware acceleration like in Sun Virtualbox?)
And the only reason I was worried about the slic in the bios was that I am using an OEM XP PRO key and it is activated, so I thought that the slic might mess it up "guess not" Undecided
find
quote
#5
No, rule of thumb is that SLP is used by XP, not SLIC. As for gaming in virtualbox, I LOVE this program. The microsoft stuff is a joke compared to this program, because this is the first freeware Virtual Machine that enables limited 3D and 2D hardware acceleration, so you have the best chances of trying to play games on virtualbox. I'd probably just stick tos taying legit, and tweaking away Tongue

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
Hello guys, I have the same motherboard with AMD X4 940 and virtualization does not work on it. I tried the evga113.bin file but noticed that Windows 7 would not boot. It would get stuck at the animation. I installed Ubuntu and applied the same flash file. I noticed that if I remove the battery and let it sit for a while and then boot into ubuntu, VMware detects virtualization, but I reboot and then go back to ubuntu VMware says virtualization not enabled. Both Ubuntu and Windows 7 are 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
find
quote
#7
Hello guys,

I posted the following comment on an older post but wasn't sure if anybody would see it so creating a new post.

I have a 730a motherboard with AMD X4 940 and virtualization does not work on it. I tried the evga113.bin file attached to http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Vi...M2-E113-TR but noticed that Windows 7 would not boot. It would get stuck at the animation. I installed Ubuntu and applied the same flash file. I noticed that if I remove the battery and let it sit for a while and then boot into ubuntu, VMware detects virtualization, but when I reboot and go back to ubuntu VMware says virtualization is not enabled. Both Ubuntu and Windows 7 are 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
find
quote
#8
Please can you upload us the latest bios for your motherboard. The EVGA site wont let you download unless you register your product!
find
quote
#9
Thanks for the reply. Please find attached the bios file directly from the website. This is the bios I currently have on my machine. Virtualization does not work at all even though it is enabled in the bios.


Attached Files
.bin   A730AZ13.BIN (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#10
Well Virtualization is not hidden Frequency / Volgage Control Menu >>> CPU Feature >>> Virtualization. Theres nothing we can actually mod for your bios.

You need an OS that supports Virtualization and a CPU that supports Virtualization in order to see the feature. If either the OS or the CPU doesnt have the support this option wont appear.

If you cant see this menu in your bios try pressing either Ctrl Home , Ctrl F1 or Ctrl F9 in the BIOS. This is sometimes required to unlock advanced BIOS settings.

Good Luck!

Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)