Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101454
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 514
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2868
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7256
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6975
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14332
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425377
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3830
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 520
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227316
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119522
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6988
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 609
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310533
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

ASUS Rampage III Formula Request
#31
(03-03-2016, 11:21 PM)srialmaster Wrote: Can you update this BIOS with the newer Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller BIOS/Firmware:
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=startdown&id=1572&lang=en

-Nate

srialmaster requested I build a test ROM with latest OROMs.

S18 CHANGES:
Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller: v13.5.0.2164
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bios : v1.0.0.1038
JMicron JMB36X Controller: v1.08.01
Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.43

These are the latest and final OROM that support R3F hardware.  Newer INTEL OROM's (NIC/SATA) are incompatible with the hardware on this motherboard.  JMicron and Marvell may release updates, but that is highly unlikely.

EDIT: NEW UPDATED ATTACHMENT


Attached Files
.rar   rampageiii-formula-asus-0903-s18.rar (Size: 816.21 KB / Downloads: 63)
find
quote
#32
(03-14-2016, 04:23 PM)pir8man Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 11:21 PM)srialmaster Wrote: Can you update this BIOS with the newer Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller BIOS/Firmware:
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=startdown&id=1572&lang=en

-Nate

srialmaster requested I build a test ROM with latest OROMs.

S18 CHANGES:
Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller: v13.5.0.2164
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bios : v1.0.0.1038
JMicron JMB36X Controller: v1.08.01
Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.43

These are the latest and final OROM that support R3F hardware.  Newer INTEL OROM's (NIC/SATA) are incompatible with the hardware on this motherboard.  JMicron and Marvell may release updates, but that is highly unlikely.

Sweet! Thanks a lot. I will test it today! Also, can you see if the BIOS mod has been updated with CPUIDs? I want to try and pop a Xeon X56xx CPU in for OCing since I am reading a lot of people doing this and getting a lot of good usage out of it.
As far as the the TRIM for RAID 0, I don't personally need it since I am running a PCIE SSD that gets better results and has TRIM working.

-Nate
find
quote
#33
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are strongly advised to download and install Intel RST software v13.5.2.1000 and Marvell 91xx driver v1.2.0.1048 to match new controller firmware routines.


-Nate
find
quote
#34
(03-14-2016, 08:43 PM)srialmaster Wrote: IMPORTANT NOTE: You are strongly advised to download and install Intel RST software v13.5.2.1000 and Marvell 91xx driver v1.2.0.1048 to match new controller firmware routines.


-Nate

srialmaster, I run PCIe SSD also.  That saved me the whole controller speed headache.  I run WD Black in RAID0 on my Marvell controller.  Opticals are on Intel sata.

Updating CPUID is very different than updating OROM's. I'll see what I can do. (this would be nice for my MOBO also).

RST 13.5.2 is suggested for Windows 7 or 8.1.  For Windows 10, you have to use v14 of the software.   But that's only if you setup RAID and need the management software.  If you don't have RAID, you just need the 13.5.2 driver and skip the software installation for Win7,8,10.  (Only v14 installer was updated for Windows 10)


EDIT:
CPUID for 0903 bios is same as my R3E 1601 beta BIOS. It does support XEON X56xx processors.
Most anyway. all of the X56x0 will work. some of the odd numbered ones might not. The W36xx series are a better fit for this board though.
find
quote
#35
(03-14-2016, 08:52 PM)pir8man Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 08:43 PM)srialmaster Wrote: IMPORTANT NOTE: You are strongly advised to download and install Intel RST software v13.5.2.1000 and Marvell 91xx driver v1.2.0.1048 to match new controller firmware routines.


-Nate

srialmaster, I run PCIe SSD also.  That saved me the whole controller speed headache.  I run WD Black in RAID0 on my Marvell controller.  Opticals are on Intel sata.

Updating CPUID is very different than updating OROM's. I'll see what I can do. (this would be nice for my MOBO also).

RST 13.5.2 is suggested for Windows 7 or 8.1.  For Windows 10, you have to use v14 of the software.   But that's only if you setup RAID and need the management software.  If you don't have RAID, you just need the 13.5.2 driver and skip the software installation for Win7,8,10.  (Only v14 installer was updated for Windows 10)

I have tried to install this BIOS 2x times. I uploaded the 1st time and shutdown the machine and turned on. Nothing happened other than my BIOS settings were reset. The 2nd time, I restarted when ASUS Update prompted to. The machine booted up with the Logo like it reset and froze. I let it set a couple of minutes and reboot, but nothing has updated. The Marvell is staying at 1.0.0.1033.

-Nate
find
quote
#36
looks like you failed the Marvell update. that one takes a while. you need to clean boot and wait for it to say success.
find
quote
#37
I used the ASUS flash utility built into the BIOS and it didn't do the trick either....
find
quote
#38
Do you use an Instant Messenger on your phone by chance?
find
quote
#39
I flashed back to the original 0903 BIOS from ASUS. It downgraded the Marvell to 1.0.0.1019.
I flashed to your new BIOS and it flashed the ATA and said it finished, but then my computer froze. I rebooted and the Marvell said it is running 1.0.0.1033 again.

-Nate
find
quote
#40
(03-14-2016, 11:01 PM)srialmaster Wrote: I flashed back to the original 0903 BIOS from ASUS. It downgraded the Marvell to 1.0.0.1019.
I flashed to your new BIOS and it flashed the ATA and said it finished, but then my computer froze. I rebooted and the Marvell said it is running 1.0.0.1033 again.

-Nate
thats why it's a test bios.  test failed.  I'll build a new one.  Also, I finished the CPU microcode reasearch.  This BIOS already has the latest microcode to support XEON W36xx and XEON X56xx processors.

POST #31 has updated BIOS
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)