Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424185
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223871
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309538
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20226
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169165
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6270
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274957

Acer Aspire L5100 R02-A1 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
#11
(04-19-2009, 08:30 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [Image: acer-aspire-l5100-desktop.jpg]

Acer Aspire L5100 R02 A1 Bios

All Features Unlocked Including Overclocking Features!!

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/223414483/Ac...ith_OC.BIN

Hi. Thanks for BIOS unlock.
I installed it on my ACER L5100. But experience following problems:
- After reboot (some times) computer doesn't boot. Just black screen with white cursor in upper left screen corner blinking. Require manual turn Off-On for normal boot.
- Windows 7 XP Mode cannot start In spite CPU hardware virtualisation appears in BIOS setup and it set to Enable. (It indicated that this option in BIOS are disabled).
Hi. Thanks for BIOS unlock.
I installed it on my ACER L5100. But experience following problems:
- After reboot (some times) computer doesn't boot. Just black screen with white cursor in upper left screen corner blinking. Require manual turn Off-On for normal boot.
- Windows 7 XP Mode cannot start In spite CPU hardware virtualisation appears in BIOS setup and it set to Enable. (It indicated that this option in BIOS are disabled).
find
quote
#12
This BIOS may need some cleanup. Is there a later version out we can look at for modding? Also, are you sure your CPU is Virtualization capable.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#13
If I understand from previous posts, I holding same ACER L5100 model described above. Why not?
I purchased it 2 years ago with pre-installed VISTA
find
quote
#14
Hi guys

Thanks for this BIOS i'll be able to tweak some things.
Maybe I can request your help to chose a CPU upgrade for the ACER L5100 which got a Athlon X2 4000+ .. nobody is able to help me out. Acer send me this :
Quote:Socket Type: AMD AM2 socket processors
Processor Type:
AMD Sempron 3400+/3500+/3600+/3800+ 35W TDP
AMD Athlon64 3500+3800+ 45W TDP
AMD Athlon64x2 4000+/4400+/4800+/5000+/5200+ 65W

But I really want to get a better CPU than an Athlon X2 5200+
Any chance to get a tip on the best CPU to buy ?

thank you all
find
quote
#15
(04-24-2010, 02:13 PM)pierrandre Wrote: Hi guys

Thanks for this BIOS i'll be able to tweak some things.
Maybe I can request your help to chose a CPU upgrade for the ACER L5100 which got a Athlon X2 4000+ .. nobody is able to help me out. Acer send me this :
Quote:Socket Type: AMD AM2 socket processors
Processor Type:
AMD Sempron 3400+/3500+/3600+/3800+ 35W TDP
AMD Athlon64 3500+3800+ 45W TDP
AMD Athlon64x2 4000+/4400+/4800+/5000+/5200+ 65W

But I really want to get a better CPU than an Athlon X2 5200+
Any chance to get a tip on the best CPU to buy ?

thank you all

Obviously depending on your budget , go for the 5200+ Tongue

However , we DO offer cpu upgrade mods which could possibly add further CPU support however this is extremely risky and theres no guarantee that it will work and is therefore an expensive solution (as your new cpu wont work with the board!)

Another thing ive found which is also extremely risky is that your board closely resembles a Foxconn M61PMX (Acer generally use Foxconn boards that have been rebranded). I can see this from the similarity in bios version numbers. The Acer bios is 82BA1P04 while the latest foxconn one is 82AF1P06 and is dated 2/24/2009 which is much more recent than the acer one.

Please check http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Mo...-us0000381 to confirm how similar they are , if there are some differences PLEASE DONT FLASH ITS BIOS as these will have to be looked into before going ahead. There are also several other boards in the M61 series , so another board may be more similar to the acer one!

If you wish to take the risk , there is a small chance that due to the 2 motherboards similarities , this Retail BIOS can be flashed onto the Acer , replacing the stock , locked down Acer bios. If you wish to take this risk and test the Retail bios then please reply! If you decide to go ahead , be sure to read the recovery information in the tutorials section before flashing so you may have some chances of recovering. If the recovery fails but you can remove your BIOS Chip from the board (If its in a socket) then you can just go and get it reprogrammed or get a new chip (which doesnt cost a lot). If the BIOS chip is non removable and you are unable to recover you will need a new motherboard , so think carefully before preceding.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Your system has the AMD 690G Chipset so the following models are more relevant!: http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Mo...t=AMD+690G. If you are going to flash the Retail BIOs , the match has to be as close as possible!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#16
Whoh, that sounds scary !!
You've done an amazing research job for me, many thanks but actually all I want is to be able to play some 1080p movies. A wrong bios would anoy me a lot since I'll have to buy another chip or (worse case scenario), a motherboard.
Besides, I can't find any release information about the support of new CPU on foxconn's AM2 motherboards.

And a 5200+ CPU new in box is about €40 I think it will be the best upgrade for me atm... hmm the 5600+ 2.9 Ghz (same thermal design) is in the same price range, maybe it's supported by this Bios don't you think ?
A light overclock (thanks to you for this unlocked bios) on this CPU upgrade (5200 or 5600) will be far far enough to get 1080p decoding.
I'm also considering buying a Crystal HD mini-PCI-E decoding Card...
find
quote
#17
(04-25-2010, 10:00 AM)pierrandre Wrote: Whoh, that sounds scary !!
You've done an amazing research job for me, many thanks but actually all I want is to be able to play some 1080p movies. A wrong bios would anoy me a lot since I'll have to buy another chip or (worse case scenario), a motherboard.
Besides, I can't find any release information about the support of new CPU on foxconn's AM2 motherboards.

And a 5200+ CPU new in box is about €40 I think it will be the best upgrade for me atm... hmm the 5600+ 2.9 Ghz (same thermal design) is in the same price range, maybe it's supported by this Bios don't you think ?
A light overclock (thanks to you for this unlocked bios) on this CPU upgrade (5200 or 5600) will be far far enough to get 1080p decoding.
I'm also considering buying a Crystal HD mini-PCI-E decoding Card...

for the price you would be better off with a new mother board. This would let you upgrade the cpu and would already run hd video...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813500039

assumeing a micro-atx board would fit in the case Tongue

Nick
find
quote
#18
Nope, I don't think it will. but thanks anyway
find
quote
#19
Hi, I finally bought a ATHLON X2 5600+ @ 2,9 Ghz and it went very well.
but I can't upgrade the bios, winflash told me that the bios image is not the good one, even the ACER bios update won't work...
I'm running WIN 7 x64 (with a lot of trouble about the thernet driver btw)

any chance to get a way to flash the bios without to much trouble ?
Thanks for your help
find
quote
#20
(05-01-2010, 05:28 PM)pierrandre Wrote: Hi, I finally bought a ATHLON X2 5600+ @ 2,9 Ghz and it went very well.
but I can't upgrade the bios, winflash told me that the bios image is not the good one, even the ACER bios update won't work...
I'm running WIN 7 x64 (with a lot of trouble about the thernet driver btw)

any chance to get a way to flash the bios without to much trouble ?
Thanks for your help

do NOT use winflash... ever.... its high in cholesterol, causes high blood pressure, and may cause you pc to be crushed and melted.

follow instructions from first page of this thread using your correct bios.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...ng-Options

Nick
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)