Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424188
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223884
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309540
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274959

Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG
#21
(02-20-2015, 07:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG  TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

regards

Hi,
this is really old post, but is this BIOS (1.12 3830TG) somewhere to download? I trying boot from GPT drive, but it is challenging without UEFI support
find
quote
#22
(04-22-2020, 03:52 AM)mival1234 Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 07:26 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Acer Aspire 3830 - 4830 - 5830 - G - T - TG  TimelineX

Try this one (Bios v.1.12 Menu Tabs Unlocl + More Options) :

http://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

regards

Hi,
this is really old post, but is this BIOS (1.12 3830TG) somewhere to download? I trying boot from GPT drive, but it is challenging without UEFI support

I'm looking for this file too. It would be great if someone uploads it.
find
quote
#23
https://rghost.net/8847Y7kJs

Access denied to the file. Can you upload a file with open access? Thanks.

My notebook model: Acer Aspire 5830TG.
find
quote
#24
Here You go :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtoo9t2m1...O.rar/file

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#25
Hi and thanks. I realise this is a "zombie thread" but I have a UEFI question.
Having flashed that BIOS to my Acer 5830T, sure I get all the advanced menus and UEFI options. But the UEFI options don't seem to work. I tried many times to make Windows load as UEFI/GPT but it will only recognise MBR/Legacy.

I have set the options to enable UEFI and set EFI device as priority, which seemed logically to be the things that would make this work.
find
quote
#26
(09-12-2015, 01:45 PM)Denies Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 09:12 AM)macnb Wrote: First thing I noticed in the new Boot menu was UEFI Boot was enabled.
Seems to imply UEFI bios.

I'm not able to boot into a UEFI shell, I simply get a blank black screen with a single white underscore.

There's no settings for UEFI aside from enabling it, no mention of Secure Boot. Not sure how much functionality was actually left in the ROM by Acer.

So I guess that means I can't actually enable UEFI in the functional sense. Wonder why they put the menu options in to enable it without the corresponding functionality in the ROM?
find
quote
#27
(02-18-2023, 02:34 AM)Properjob70 Wrote: Wonder why they put the menu options in to enable it without the corresponding functionality in the ROM?
They've put many options like that, options that does not work properly. But I wouldn't say that "put" is a well-chosen word. Actually, Acer might have used the same Software Dev Kit to compile several firmware images and simply didn't bother with debugging BIOS settings, because it was pre-planned that settings would be locked from user access.
What the situation looks like, but I don't know the truth.

But what I do know is that UEFI boot support is possible to add.
find
quote
#28
(02-18-2023, 04:42 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 02:34 AM)Properjob70 Wrote: Wonder why they put the menu options in to enable it without the corresponding functionality in the ROM?
They've put many options like that, options that does not work properly. But I wouldn't say that "put" is a well-chosen word. Actually, Acer might have used the same Software Dev Kit to compile several firmware images and simply didn't bother with debugging BIOS settings, because it was pre-planned that settings would be locked from user access.
What the situation looks like, but I don't know the truth.

But what I do know is that UEFI boot support is possible to add.

Possible - but a bit beyond me I think!

Edit - should I request a modded BIOS build in that thread then? It's not in my skillset to do it myself.
find
quote
#29
(02-18-2023, 09:03 AM)Properjob70 Wrote: should I request a modded BIOS build in that thread then?
You can request, but hardly anyone will take on this task.

Here's that BIOS version 1.08 mentioned on MDL forum if anyone decide to make the modification.
find
quote
#30
(02-18-2023, 01:24 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 09:03 AM)Properjob70 Wrote: should I request a modded BIOS build in that thread then?
You can request, but hardly anyone will take on this task.

Here's that BIOS version 1.08 mentioned on MDL forum if anyone decide to make the modification.
That surprises me not a tiny bit  Smile 

I'm migrating my Linux Vortexbox GPT partitions back onto some MBR logical partitions on my Windows machine and hoping I can fix the dual boot issues. That seems to be my only option to do my dual boot system - I tried migrating the Linux disc to MBR but it broke Grub so hopefully I can use the Boot repair disk to fix all this
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)