Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424233
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223942
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

Acer M3970 / AMI support for 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge i7-3770
#11
Yes, I have the programmer. Not sure what kind of chip it is though I can barely make out the markings. I'm not sure if the program requires you to put in the exact chip before it can read?
find
quote
#12
Write down labels from BIOS chip.
find
quote
#13
(02-20-2019, 02:06 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Write down labels from BIOS chip.

Lol.  Perhaps you missed what I said.  The markings on the chip are not visible anymore.  I'll try and wipe it down with alcohol and pull out a magnifying glass I guess...  If the program will read w/o specifying what chip it is, then shouldn't be an issue, however I am not sure at this point what chip is on there other than it being 8 pin and looks like the chips on Thinkpads which I'm used to seeing.
find
quote
#14
Make of photo of BIOS chip on this motherboard.

1. Use Rufus to make DOS USB stick.
2. Download Intel ME System Tools v7 r2
3. Copy all files from folder \Intel ME System Tools v7 r2\Flash Programming Tool\DOS to created DOS USB stick.
4. Boot from DOS USB stick and run:
fpt -desc -d desc.bin
5. Make a photo of result.
find
quote
#15
(02-20-2019, 02:14 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make of photo of BIOS chip on this motherboard.

OK will do.  I think I found the chip after cleaning it off, it is this one.  I can make out WINBOND it is for sure that brand chip and a 25 and SIG at the end, middle is pretty hard to see.
[Image: s-l500.png]
find
quote
#16
Looks like a W25Q32FV.  Do you want the desc.bin file?
https://i.imgur.com/Ha2GCha.jpg
find
quote
#17
I need full dump. Read it by hardware programmer.
find
quote
#18
(02-20-2019, 03:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I need full dump. Read it by hardware programmer.

Wow, getting the clip on this chip was a pita.  Dump linked: https://ufile.io/dra93

There was no 25Q32FV option in the programmer, I used the 25Q32BV option. Looking up specsheet on both it seems to be the same...
find
quote
#19
Your dump is corrupt.
find
quote
#20
(02-21-2019, 03:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your dump is corrupt.

Awesome...... yeah I pretty much give up on this for now.  Not sure if it's my test clip or the fact that the chip is soldered too low to the board, it is so hard to position it perfectly so the software will detect it and 99% of the time the clip simply slips off.  I'm afraid the legs are going to get cut through or chip get damaged that is how many times I'm messed with this thing.  I think it is just this chip/board because I have never had this much trouble reading the chip off my T430--1 shot and it's on, clipped, and detects. I even modified the clip changing springs to change the pressure, changing the angle of the plastic by shaving with a razor blade, tried a bunch of things I'm fed up with it. Had to resolder like 4 wires messing with it too Angry.

I thought it was positioned fine when I did the read as I got it to FINALLY detect the chip, the other 200 times I tried to hook it up it did not read or would lose connection to the PC (probably a short), which is why it literally took me over an hour to even get that dump messing with that s*** chip/clip.  To make matters worse I accidentally bumped the cable (left it clipped on after figuring out how much of a PITA it was) and spent another hour last night trying to get it set again (no success) but now I know it didn't read correctly anyway.

I'm going to have to desolder the chip and literally solder leads to each pin to read this thing now. I see they do make readers as well I may try that instead if it saves me from trying to solder tiny leads. I have no problem around normal electronics but I do not have equipment for microsoldering. In my frustration, I already bought an ASUS board to take the cpu with all the extra features I wanted with a bios mod.  I'll probably come back to attempting this again once the machine w/ new board is up and running.  Right now I don't even want to look at it  Angry Lol
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)