Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

Acer TravelMate 5744 Insyde Bios Problem
#21
I know, I just want to compare to the 2MB file I gave you to see the differences

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#22
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFIEm0...sp=sharing

This is what I backed up..
find
quote
#23
(03-15-2014, 09:13 AM)Kushal Wrote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFIEm0...sp=sharing

This is what I backed up..

Hey what have You done in few minutes !!!
I was out, and I can explain !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#24
the bios which fjfc gave is only of 2MB, but the BIOS IC is of 4 MB.
My EEPROM which is on the motherboard of my laptop is of 4MB and when I flash it with SPIPGM, it gives warning that file is of low size.
I backed up the bios using SPIPGM program from original bios ic ( which has password) and it is exactly of 4MB.
I reflashed it on another bios ic and got the bios back but the password is still there.
find
quote
#25
What a nice experiment we got here...
So, I saw your DUMPED backup, it has ME, Descriptor and BIOS regions, the 2 MB file I gave was only BIOS REGION,
So I got your backed up full DUMP and replaced the BIOS region on it with a virgin BIOS region without PSW and hidden menus unlocked as a bonus, here:

https://hostr.co/Xw7LpJSQk2yw

Try it and report.

Friend BDMaster, experiment is as follows, his BIOS region is only 2.00MB long and file you gave him is 2.06MB long this is wrong, now, his BIOS DUMP from the external programmer has 4MB data, 2MB for descriptor and ME and starting on offset 00200000 to 003FFFFF is his BIOS region, so I got original BIOS region and pasted from 00200000 - 003FFFFF in his backuped 4MB full DUMP and this is the result. I also unlocked his hidden menus.

Nice experiment !

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#26
(03-15-2014, 09:24 AM)Kushal Wrote: the bios which fjfc gave is only of 2MB, but the BIOS IC is of 4 MB.
My EEPROM which is on the motherboard of my laptop is of 4MB and when I flash it with SPIPGM, it gives warning that file is of low size.
I backed up the bios using SPIPGM program from original bios ic ( which has password) and it is exactly of 4MB.
I reflashed it on another bios ic and got the bios back but the password is still there.

It's normal as many address locations will filled by 0xFF and and Others will contain your significant data !
Don't worry about this, the problem is to save your data to rewrite after and to get the right bios starting address.
i have done some experiment and I know how to get fom bios backup a copy to flash by SPIPGM, now if You can do many tests as have a soic8 adapter on board and can Exchange easely the eeprom, We can try to do, but if You have to sold and desold every time It's a problem.
Bios Region is been identified and We know where is as ME too using Fict tool You can examine it.
Normally on Lenovo the bios file to write start with :
00000000000000000000000000000000D954937A68044A4481CE0BF617D890DF00F01000000000005F465648 (It's Whole not only Bios Region)
So your file has some unuseful header (but this work only for Lenovo ?), I sended You an answer about T530 experiment
if You remember, but I was studing and Learning !!!

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#27
(03-15-2014, 09:32 AM)BDMaster Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 09:24 AM)Kushal Wrote: the bios which fjfc gave is only of 2MB, but the BIOS IC is of 4 MB.
My EEPROM which is on the motherboard of my laptop is of 4MB and when I flash it with SPIPGM, it gives warning that file is of low size.
I backed up the bios using SPIPGM program from original bios ic ( which has password) and it is exactly of 4MB.
I reflashed it on another bios ic and got the bios back but the password is still there.

It's normal as many address locations will filled by 0xFF and and Others will contain your significant data !
Don't worry about this, the problem is to save your data to rewrite after and to get the right bios starting address.
i have done some experiment and I know how to get fom bios backup a copy to flash by SPIPGM, now if You can do many tests as have a soic8 adapter on board and can Exchange easely the eeprom, We can try to do, but if You have to sold and desold every time It's a problem

This is wrong friend! The 2MB file we gave him only contained BIOS region!! It was not only 2MB of padding, check his dump, it is essential data.
Again, here is the right file to flash.
https://hostr.co/Xw7LpJSQk2yw

report

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#28
I haven't tied nothing yet as if there is not possibility to came back or reflash by SPIPGM I didn't it.
So may be You're right I don't say not, I say only that I discovered studing Lenovo.
I wrote that all is possible to extract from encapsulated bios ! and if You want to flash by InsydeFlash using option write = ALL You will erase all significant data
I have done on m Acer Aspire 8930G loosing all serial, UUID, etc and was an [censored] to find tool and rewrite, so there are many ways to flash origina again as It is not modded one !

[ForceFlash]
ALL=1
BB_PEI=0
CPU_Microcode=0
Variable=0
DXE=0
EC=0
Password=0
OEM_NVS=0
Logo=0
Type#09=0
Type#08=0
;ALL default : 0.
; 0 : Reserve all protected areas.
; 1 : Flash all ROM parts.
;BB_PEI, CPU_Microcode, Variable, DXE, EC, Password, OEM_NVS, Logo, Type#09, Type#08
; default : 0.
; 0 : Protect these areas if BIOS report them are protected areas.
; 1 : Force flash these areas if BIOS report them are protected areas.

Look : Password=0

I think it's better for me stay and look, so I will learn more yet !
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#29
Hey BDMaster! I tried this too by changing

Password=0 to Password=1

But it didn't work. Password was still there.
BUT I TRIED THIS METHOD EARLIER.

And now I am gonna try FJFC's method. I am going to try with his file (4MB) which he gave in the link.
I will try tomorrow and Lets see if I can yield something good.
find
quote
#30
(03-15-2014, 10:34 AM)Kushal Wrote: Hey BDMaster! I tried this too by changing

Password=0 to Password=1

But it didn't work. Password was still there.
BUT I TRIED THIS METHOD EARLIER.

And now I am gonna try FJFC's method. I am going to try with his file (4MB) which he gave in the link.
I will try tomorrow and Lets see if I can yield something good.

Ok I will look the result.
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)