Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Today 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 29
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Today 03:23 PM
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Today 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6016
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Today 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219756
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Today 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 135
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Today 08:28 AM
» Views: 90
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
Yesterday 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98241
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23834
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Yesterday 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323308
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
Yesterday 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 908
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
Yesterday 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 272
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
Yesterday 06:56 AM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541620
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 222
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 196
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 655946
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20360
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163320
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129284

Asus ROG GL502VS Unlock Request
(11-16-2018, 03:55 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: BuP4uk - Here is mod BIOS - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=50459806513751544589

In order to flash modified BIOS via FPT you may need to make an edit via grub using the following guide.  You can start at step #6, I've done steps 1-5 for you to get this variable you need to change >> BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x8A8
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-...-BIOS.html

So you will type the following at grub prompt
Setup_var 0x8A8 0x0

I've done this for you in BIOS, so next time around you wont need to do this again, until you ever flash stock BIOS again, then it will be re-enabled.

In order for me to send you correct FPT files, I need to know your Intel ME version, you can check this with HWInfo64, in the large window, on the left you will see ME within the motherboard section
https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

I do not know what method you used to get backup, since it's not complete backup only BIOS Region, so I also don't know if that will allow you to flash modified BIOS, have you tried before?  If it wont, you will have to use above method and get the Intel ME version for me so I can send you correct FPTw to use.  I would not use "Winflash" as you mentioned, it may not be safe to flash with, I would only suggest AFUWin/AFUWINGUI, or Intel FPT (Suggested method)

Sorry, I could not unlock chipset, at least I don't think so anyway Sad

If there are duplicates of same section it's OK, let me know which and I will remove the lesser one.  Some I did not want to disable lesser one until I was sure you could see more enhanced section first, such as Main for example, you may have two now.  This applies to Main, Advanced, Boot, and Save & Exit.  Please let me know which you have duplicates of, if any.  If none are duplicates, let me know also, so I can undo the failed changes for those sections and send you new BIOS to use instead.
hwinfo
I did backup with that bat file
find
OK, great thanks for the info. You made backup via FPT, so you already have working version of FPT in that folder, we can use that to update BIOS once you unlock the BIOS lock variable I gave you above.

Once you unlock that, put the BIOS I made you into that same folder as FPT, then run the following
FPTw.exe -bios -f GL503VM-AS.311.bin

If you get error, stop, and show me image that shows the command you entered and the error. Do not try to keep flashing, you can brick your board easy with FPT.
find
(11-17-2018, 03:29 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: OK, great thanks for the info.  You made backup via FPT, so you already have working version of FPT in that folder, we can use that to update BIOS once you unlock the BIOS lock variable I gave you above.

Once you unlock that, put the BIOS I made you into that same folder as FPT, then run the following
FPTw.exe -bios -f GL503VM-AS.311.bin

If you get error, stop, and show me image that shows the command you entered and the error.  Do not try to keep flashing, you can brick your board easy with FPT.

was successfully installed, but I did not see any changes in the bios
find
That's not possible I don't think, maybe it didn't flash or auto-recovered to stock?
Please show me image of the flash going through OK (ie reflash it and show me image of the process)
Seems like maybe it didn't flash like it may have appeared
find
(11-18-2018, 12:43 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: That's not possible I don't think, maybe it didn't flash or auto-recovered to stock?  
Please show me image of the flash going through OK (ie reflash it and show me image of the process)
Seems like maybe it didn't flash like it may have appeared

grub
flashing

when restarting after installation, a black screen hangs for 10 seconds, then the asus logo appears and I enter the BIOS. Also after installation, the Secure boot parameter returns to enable. And it becomes necessary to change the parameter in grub.
find
Need help!
After installing genius239 mod, I rebooted the laptop and tried to enter the BIOS, now I can’t go in there, the black screen constantly hangs, and I also cannot restore the BIOS using the fpt backup, it gives the 
Error 368 error message: Failed to write the BIOS space.
FPT Operation Failed.
How i can install backup without change setup_var in efi shell ?
Winflash says what i have last bios version.

Allready solved
find
FPT error 368 can be overcome using this guide, any time you flash stock BIOS region you will have to change that again in Grub
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Sorry, I already linked above for you, leaving for anyone reading in future. You need to type this at Grub >> Setup_var 0x8A8 0x0
Then you can reflash stock BIOS region. Or you can simply flash stock BIOS in EZ Flash, if you can enter BIOS.

I see from your image there is error, do it again using above same as before, then see if FPT completes properly or not with backup BIOS region.
If it does, then we can ignore error at grub, if it does not, then we know this setting is not being applied properly ie valid error and BIOS was not flashed I sent you. I suspect this is the case, since I changed that value in BIOS, after flashing what I sent you if it flashed properly then you would not need to change that variable again at grub until after some time later you flash stock BIOS region. Plus, FPT flash image shows only 48KB written, so there is some issue.

Lets do this, once you get sorted out and back to square one with stock BIOS again, send me FPT backup of your stock BIOS region via FPT and I will edit that, and send back to you with command to rewrite entire bios region
FPTw.exe -bios -d biosregdump.bin
find
(11-19-2018, 12:38 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: FPT error 368 can be overcome using this guide, any time you flash stock BIOS region you will have to change that again in Grub
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Sorry, I already linked above for you, leaving for anyone reading in future.  You need to type this at Grub >> Setup_var 0x8A8 0x0
Then you can reflash stock BIOS region.  Or you can simply flash stock BIOS in EZ Flash, if you can enter BIOS.

I see from your image there is error, do it again using above same as before, then see if FPT completes properly or not with backup BIOS region.
If it does, then we can ignore error at grub, if it does not, then we know this setting is not being applied properly ie valid error and BIOS was not flashed I sent you.  I suspect this is the case, since I changed that value in BIOS, after flashing what I sent you if it flashed properly then you would not need to change that variable again at grub until after some time later you flash stock BIOS region.  Plus, FPT flash image shows only 48KB written, so there is some issue.

Lets do this, once you get sorted out and back to square one with stock BIOS again, send me FPT backup of your stock BIOS region via FPT and I will edit that, and send back to you with command to rewrite entire bios region
FPTw.exe -bios -d biosregdump.bin
Hi, i did backup and regdump after disable secure boot and change setup_var to 0x0
https://dropmefiles.com/efeBh
find
Is this from stock BIOS, or after you flashed Genius239 last BIOS as mentioned? Please do with stock BIOS, this way no other changes done except ones we make this time around.
find
It is stock bios, i did downgrade with winflash, and update to last version, after that i disable secure boot and change grub, booted on windows i did backups.
find