Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167467
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71428
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6607
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22108
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41054
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317348
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101144
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 351
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55366
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64151
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4109
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52246
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 247
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 157

Change a Blank BIOS Splash Screen
Greetings & Salutations,

I am inquiring for some information on, or requesting direct assistance in how to erase-delete a blank BIOS-Boot-up (white) screen and then load an image for a BIOS Splash screen (i.e. Manufacturer's or custom Logo) for a Award BIOS.

In completing this task, I want to make sure that the area in the BIOS where the POST data is displayed or the OEM Logo data resides is completely wiped out or overwritten and replaced with a Splash Screen logo for a motherboard with a custom one.

Currently, there is no image displayed when the computer boots (post screen). I am not sure that this lack of seeing the OEM Manufacturer's Splash image at boot up isn't related to the continuing struggle I am experiencing to restore this system from a Malware Infection.

When I first started to tackle the problem with this system, I noticed that the boot Splash Screen no longer was displayed at Start-up. After successfully flashing the BIOS on this motherboard recently, there still was no Splash screen logo nor any other image appearing at start up, only a blank white screen is displayed.

I also have had no success in installing any windows operating systems into this machine. When it re-boots to finish installing the windows software, this system never gets past the current Blank-White screen on the display.

This system does allow me to manually reboot, utilize DOS, format hard drives, etc., and acts normally in DOS, but it will not allow the completion of any Windows installation.

So my first question is, if I flashed this motherboard's BIOS with an updated BIOS, could malicious code survive in this area usually reserved for the Post or Logo "Splash" screen even though the BIOS was successfully flashed? Allowing the Malware infection to survive and continue every time I boot or the computer re-boots to finish a Windows installation?

If so, would it be possible to eliminate this cycle of unsuccessful windows installations by replacing this Post or Splash screen data with data which would be entered by editing the BIOS and replacing the existing code in that area of the BIOS?

I have reviewed the directions on editing software or utilities to edit or change some of the BIOS information. At this time I do not wish to attempt to extract or to replace the existing data in this BIOS address area myself.

Note: I have the BIOS files that were recently provided from this website for flashing the BIOS on this MSI motherboard. But when I extracted them from their zipped form the file extension on both the version 2.2 and 3.4 have numeric file extensions (W7104vms.220 and W7104VMS.340)

I get the following error message on your web-site when I tried to attach them to this post;

The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type.

I have included the the replacement BIOS Flash screen image as an attachment and the two versions of the BIOS files with their file name extensions changed to .BIN.

I am at nearing the end of my patience for solving the problem with this motherboard. I had thought that flashing the BIOS would solve the windows installation problems that I am having. And it has not. It certainly not desirable to abandon the use of these motherboards (3 of them) for this reason.

If any of the attached files do not function properly, the prior post that contains the two versions of the BIOS is located in the General Forum area, General Help topic, labeled "Need BIOS File to correct problem with motherboard". The two versions of the BIOS I requested are residing there.

Thank you in advance for your help.

G-Mog

Attached Files
.bin   W7104vms2.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 33)
.bin   W7104VMS.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 31)
.bmp   MSI Logo5.bmp (Size: 376.05 KB / Downloads: 31)
find
you can try to flash using:
Code:
AWFL859G W7104VMS.340 /cc /cd /cp /py /sn /cks /r

[Image: 8GED5Cy.gif]
find
Thanks for the additional switches to add to the BIOS Flashing process.

I just included these switches with the AWFL859G.exe (BIOS Flash Utility), and the W7104VMS.340 (W7104VMS.BIN) to re-flash the BIOS minutes ago. By the way I did ensure that the switch syntax was entered exactly as displayed in your message.

The BIOS flash was completed with no problem or errors reported.

But, alas, the same blank white screen appears instead of the Post Screen and/or the Manufacturer's Logo Splash screen.

It seems possible that part or all of the malicious code resides in the BIOS area that is usually reserved for the Post or Logo "Splash" screen even though the BIOS was successfully flashed? Allowing the Malware infection to survive and continue every time I boot or the computer re-boots to finish a Windows installation?

Therefore it is my assumption that as long as there is no data or code to replace or to rewrite this area of the BIOS, I will continue to have no success in installing any windows operating systems into this machine.

It seems that as long as any of this malware code resides in this area of the BIOS, it survives to prohibit the installing the windows software, as system never gets past the current Blank-White screen on the display when Windows reboots to complete the installation.

Now this is an assumption based on the booting and rebooting of the computer during the Windows installations. I have not attempted to Edit the BIOS or to substitute a BIOS Splash Screen myself for this system.

As long as I manually boot this system into DOS, I am able to manually reboot, utilize DOS, format hard drives, etc., and acts normally in DOS, but it will not allow the completion of any Windows installation.

Again, thanks for the info. GLM
find
Hello my friend Can you tell me which version it is? 3.4
Can I use it on my model board? msi pm8m vh ms 7104 rev 3
W7104VMS.bin or W7104VMS2.bin
thanks
find