Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6361
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424488
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224607
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169363
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Dual-Core Xeon support for HP XW6200
#11
(12-19-2010, 07:29 AM)1234s282 Wrote: none of my tools will open the extracted uncompressed rom though Sad

Admin

Hmm. You know I did notice the uncompressed file was less than a meg. I wonder if the cpu file has to be included in the uncompress. But the thing is at least with the Hp bios I worked with it was just an AMI bios.

Again on puter thats x64 only so cant test decompressions at moment.
find
quote
#12
I dug up some more info on the case and it looks like a donor BIOS exists.

According to: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4202&page=3

Intel E7525 Memory Controller Hub supports Paxville DP, but also Nocona, Irwindale and LV Xeons, too.

According to: http://www.itema-pg.com/Promo/2008/DELL%...670_en.pdf

The Dell Precision 670 Workstation also uses the Intel E7525 chipset and supports up to two 64-bit Intel® Xeon® dual-core or single-core processors with 800MHz front side bus and 2MB L2 cache per core.

According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Precis...orm_factor

Only some Dell Precision 470/670 units support dual core processors, (system board designations MG022 or XC837), very few systems actually supported Dual Core "Paxville" processors.

Finally, according to: http://en.community.dell.com/support-for...09369.aspx

Updates in the Dell Precision 670 BIOS rev A06 include support for processors with more than one core and level 2 cache.


Thus, the E7525 chipset will work with the "Paxville" and a bios containing the CPU microcode exists (namely the A06 version of the Dell 670).

find
quote
#13
Hey BTS, I tried it on a 32 bit system and Im getting the same thing as 1234. Non of the tools will open the rom file uncompressed. Can you run the bit.exe and post what it says on the target system? If your running linux on it there are similar tools but I don't remember the names off top of head.

(Bios Information Tool)
http://www.bios-mods.com/downloads.html


You will have to have to open it through a command prompt open as otherwise the information will display for a second and disappear.

Sounds like this system may be running a custom bios.

find
quote
#14
(12-23-2010, 05:13 PM)oXYnary Wrote: Hey BTS, I tried it on a 32 bit system and Im getting the same thing as 1234. Non of the tools will open the rom file uncompressed. Can you run the bit.exe and post what it says on the target system? If your running linux on it there are similar tools but I don't remember the names off top of head.

(Bios Information Tool)
http://www.bios-mods.com/downloads.html


You will have to have to open it through a command prompt open as otherwise the information will display for a second and disappear.

Sounds like this system may be running a custom bios.


If I run the tool on the uncompressed ROM.ROM or the other file in the archive ROM.BIN it will give the results I posted earlier. If I run it on the compressed BLUEFI70.A20 or without any parameters (I assume that means target system) it will say:

■ BIOS by unknown manufacturer

But I assume that this is due to the compression.

find
quote
#15
(12-24-2010, 07:40 AM)BTS Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 05:13 PM)oXYnary Wrote: Hey BTS, I tried it on a 32 bit system and Im getting the same thing as 1234. Non of the tools will open the rom file uncompressed. Can you run the bit.exe and post what it says on the target system? If your running linux on it there are similar tools but I don't remember the names off top of head.

(Bios Information Tool)
http://www.bios-mods.com/downloads.html


You will have to have to open it through a command prompt open as otherwise the information will display for a second and disappear.

Sounds like this system may be running a custom bios.


If I run the tool on the uncompressed ROM.ROM or the other file in the archive ROM.BIN it will give the results I posted earlier. If I run it on the compressed BLUEFI70.A20 or without any parameters (I assume that means target system) it will say:

■ BIOS by unknown manufacturer

But I assume that this is due to the compression.

No no no. Ignore that for now. I need you to use the BIT tool in windoze on a command prompt window to let me know what your current bios is.

If we can find out what brand your current bios is, it might help decipher the uncompressed rom. However, it might also show its pointless as if say its a totally custom bios made by compaq.
find
quote
#16
Hello folks,

I'm really sorry to revive an old thread but would greatly appreciate some help since I am also looking to upgrade my dated xw6200.

Considering how cheap these processor are now,

http://ark.intel.com/products/27227/Inte...00-MHz-FSB

I would like to know if the board (Intel E7525) in the xw6200 will support two of these. From this thread it certainly appears so, so therefore if it is, I am willing to do whatever it takes to get it to work. If it takes modding the bios, by all means I am willing to that. Considering how cheap these are (2 for $50 shipped off eBay), this would be awesome to breathe some life into my wife's work computer. Thanks in advance and again I apologize if reviving this thread upsets anyone,

Christos Kokkalis
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)