Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
I have a Compaq/HP SR5123WM system with the MCP61PM-HM (Nettle-GL8E) system board. I flashed the BIOS on page 1, following the instructions. Everything went as planned, the BIOS flashed and off I went into Windows. I decided to sale the system so I wanted to put the old BIOS back on. I flashed the old BIOS and now when the system powers on it posts, I can get into the BIOS and it detects the drives installed, but after the initial post I get a blinking cursor in the upper left as if it's not proceeding with the boot operation. I've tried booting from USB, CD and HDD, and nothing happens, just the same blinking cursor. I'm guessing it was a bad flash, or a partial flash, over the unlocked BIOS. What are my options?
find
quote
First reset CMOS...
My board (MCP61PM-AM) shows this behavior if the flash isn't finished with a CMOS-reset. And it will still crash Windows if you don't load BIOS-defaults setting your values afterwards manually.

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
(01-11-2011, 11:42 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: reset cmos...

I've reset it by pulling the battery/power and by means of the jumper. Same thing.
find
quote
(01-11-2011, 11:51 AM)StirCwazy Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 11:42 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: reset cmos...

I've reset it by pulling the battery/power and by means of the jumper. Same thing.

I'm no BIOS genius like a lot of you guys are, but I'm guessing I've got a screwed BIOS due to a bad flash. I've noticed a time or two that someone has mentioned reprogramming the BIOS chip, IF I'm correct, how would I go about getting it reflashed?
find
quote
Have you tried the recovery?
If you did and it does not work for you, there are some guys all over the web selling even preflashed BIOS-chips.
If you only want your BIOS-chip to be reflashed you need to ask (depending on you habit) 1234s282 or TheWiz with a PM...
Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be able to recover... Wink

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
(01-12-2011, 07:56 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: Have you tried the recovery?
If you did and it does not work for you, there are some guys all over the web selling even preflashed BIOS-chips.
If you only want your BIOS-chip to be reflashed you need to ask (depending on you habit) 1234s282 or TheWiz with a PM...
Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be able to recover... Wink

Don't suppose you could point me in the right direction for purchasing a replacement. My searches aren't turning up much =)
find
quote
I hope I did what I could... Wink

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
(01-12-2011, 09:04 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: I hope I did what I could... Wink

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks =)
find
quote
Good morning !
I've just flashed my BIOS, and it worked Big Grin
I've overclocked my AMD Athlon 64 X2 at 2.95 GHz (well, it's not extraordinary ^^) but I've some questions :
1/ Where is the VCore control ?
2/ Where can we set timings (my memory is detected as 5-5-5-15, but can work at 4-4-4-12) ?
3/ My fan makes more noise as before, how can I fix that ? (I've enabled Smart Fan)
4/ Do you have the CPU Support list ? Is the Athlon II X3 445 supported ?
Thank you very much ! (and sorry for my bad English !)
find
quote
Hi Romano,

Some people have gotten there Phenom's and Athlon IIs working, some haven't been able to. I am still personally looking into ensuring support for the newer CPUs. If you go a few pages back in this thread you will fin the "abit unlocked" BIOS that has the VCore control for the CPU. To quiet down the fans, you need to enable Q-Fan, not just smart fan. Also be sure to enable HPET support and DISABLE your the FDD support. As for memory timings, I know you can set the speed but its been a while since I've changed timings on my Nettle2. It may not be in this current BIOS.

TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)