Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Poll: Do you/Have you owned a tx1000 series notenook?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes/Used to
0%
0 0%
No/Never will
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 93
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424398
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3611
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 202
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224435
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119165
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6781
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309693
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20271
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169263
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 820
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5791
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61193

HP Pavilion TX1000 Series :: GPU Issue
#1
Hello, and thank you for choosing to read this. I am currently negotiating my way through an overheating issue, as described here:
HP Pavilion tx1000 - Undervolting GPU

Originally broached (and ignored) here:
HP Pavilion Tx1000, Tx2000 Phoenix Bios

My laptop is the HP Pavilion tx1305us, which originally had the following specs:
  • AMD Turion 64 x2  TL58 :: 1.9 GHz
  • NVidia GeForce Go 6150 :: NVIDIA nForce Go 430 chipset *
  • 2 GB (2x 1 GB SODIMM) :: DDR2 667MHz RAM
  • 2.5-inch Hard Disk Drive :: 80 GB SATA
  • OEM  Operating  System :: Windows 7, Home Edition, 32-bit
However, I got tired of dealing with underwhelming memory restraints and tried to improve my laptop a tad:
  • AMD Turion 64 x2  TL60 :: 2.0 GHz
  • NVidia GeForce Go 6150 :: NVIDIA nForce Go 430 chipset *
  • 3 GB (1x 1GB + 1x 2GB) :: DDR2 667MHz RAM
  • 2.5-inch Hard Disk Drive :: 256 GB SATA
  • Current Operating System :: Windows 10, Pro Edition, 64-bit

* Consistent between upgrades

BIOS can be downloaded on this page from HP's website by clicking on the expandable section labeled BIOS, which provides this file. Here are the details:
  • BIOS Version :: F.1E
  • Supported OS :: Windows Vista (64-bit)
  • Release Date :: March 11, 2008
  • BIOS Details ::
    "This package contains the WinFlash utility and a System BIOS image for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows Vista environment."

I've managed to underclock and undervolt my CPU just fine using RightMark. However, I cannot get my GPU to stay cool. PowerStrip doesn't work either - it always has invalid readings and clocks listed in its settings when I pull it up. The laptop GPU is unbearably hot, as always, and sometimes causes a forced shutdown. As you can probably tell from the forum link I posted above, I am thinking of modding the case, but that is reserved for if all else fails and if it simply can't work as a laptop anymore.

I'd rather try BIOS modding first if I can. This is due to the fact that if I do mess up flashing the BIOS, I know of a way to flash the previous working BIOS in such a case. The Wi-Fi card is dead from what I can tell, so I can just grab a new  one - if the slot isn't white-listed. The ethernet port is also non-functional - but I never used that until I got to my current college, whose Wi-Fi and ethernet are dodgy AF. Therefore, ethernet is not the main concern (an Expresscard adapter can be used to remedy this).

I'd rather not chuck this thing in the garbage - it still has the ability to perform normal tasks (like word processing, light gaming, media consumption - netbook things). It still boots into Windows and the motherboard still works (for the most part). I even have thought of giving this thing more RAM to handle heavier, memory-bound workloads. But, I have to find a way to get this GPU to either Undervolt or Underclock (if not both). Can anyone help? I'm willing to experiment on the thing if necessary - it's not one of my main fleet machines.

I have multiple laptops, and they're all encrypted clones of each other, to help in streamlining troubleshooting and applying updates. 2 Macbooks, 2 Windows Pro laptops. If you need any more info, I'm game. Please help.

Edit :: The WiFi works off-and-on, so I'm now convinced that the primary issue is the motherboard, and not the WiFi card. Still could use some help if there's any available...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)