Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424190
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223891
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309541
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274960

HP dc7800 USDT processor upgrade
#1
Hello everybody.

I'd like to request bios mod for HP 7800 USDT. I'd like to put C2Q Q6600 SLACR into it.

Link to 7800 USDT bios: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3560304&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D4058%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken#BIOS

C2Q are officially unsupported in 7800 USDT and doesn't work but are supported in 7800 SFF and 7800 CMT versions which are similiar to usdt and have the same chipset Q35.

Link to 7800 SFF bios: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3459245&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D4058%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken#BIOS

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
Hi
What program to edit the bios HP (dc7800 SFF)

?
None the program does not want to open the BIOS?

What type bios use HP (Ami Phoenix ... ?)

I have add support CPU (q9550) to bios ...
find
quote
#3
Hi friend,
I found this page :

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3459253&swLangOid=24&swEnvOid=1093

I hope It's your laptop Bios !!!

It's an old laptop using ROMpack so ADDC_V3 = Awesome.Dirty.Do.Checksum.Checker.V3 !!!
It will be a great problem to rebuild checksum, It's more easy to get an SPI PGM to extract Bios
and then after modified rewrite into Eeprom.
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#4
1. This is not a laptop Smile
2. Adding a PC dc7800 USFF (USDT) (ultra slim)
3. That the bios does not support Q9550 (S) and microcode.

Is there any possibility to choose into this bios
Link:
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3459247&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4051

where to download addcc ?
find
quote
#5
Using its own micro code update utility,it already contain micro code for q9550
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51245.exe

The link that you provided also can download it.
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3459247&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4051

q9550 has two cpuid 10677 (SLAWQ) and 1067A (SLB8V),and this utility already include them and date was newer 2010
[Image: psvemVn.png]

q9550's stepping
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Int...50%29.html

find
quote
#6
Thank's for your response

The situation looks like this:
1. The microcode is installed (and the latest bios)
2. I have Q9550S processor CPU ID (SLGAE)
look:
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Int...550S).html
CPU ID :1067A (SLGAE)
So theoretically the processor supports the microcode.

But I'm hearing only two beeps, when you install the processor.
I suppose the bios blocks quad processors ?

So it is impossible to solve the problem?
find
quote
#7
Hi Max-bit,
I've stumbled upon the same problem in upgrading my 7800 USDT to support Q9550S (SLGAE).
May I know if you had managed to resolve the above?
find
quote
#8
Hello, and I immediately apologize if I write with errors as I use a translator. and can't create a new thread.

I have an HP DC7800 USDT, and I installed Intel Q9400, but when I tried to start it, a block is triggered that prevents 4 core processors from starting. Specifically, it gives out 2 red flashes ("Processor thermal protection activated"), I suppose that where it is in the BIOS it is written that such a processor with such a TDP will be blocked immediately. Moreover, on a similar model DC7800 SFF with identical BIOS firmware, which also gets on my computer, this feature is unlocked and it supports 4 core processors.

CPU: Q9400
Chipset: Q35
BIOS: https://support.hp.com/ru-ru/drivers/sel...c-156857-2
find
quote
#9
rue_magicien
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#10
DeathBringer,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXyyF9o...sp=sharing
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)