Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424175
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223831
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309529
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

Help with Acer Aspire 1640 battery support for Vista/7 (links for existing mods)
#1
I have an Acer Aspire 1680 with a modded BIOS where the battery was changed from "Smart Battery" to "Control Method Battery". This mod was made by Geert Jan Laanstra, and he posted it on his own web page, along with practically all the instructions and tools. The purpose of his mod is to allow the battery to be seen by Windows Vista/7.

I would like to do the same to an Acer Aspire 1640 BIOS, the problem is that I don't know jack about modding BIOS. I tried to follow his instructions, but when I got to step 4 where I needed to modify ACPI0.ASL by comparing 2 ACPI0.ASL from another original and modded BIOS, I didn't even know where to begin with. I tried emailing him some days ago, but he hasn't replied. Maybe he doesn't check this e-mail anymore (page was last updated 4 years ago). He based his mod on a similar mod for a Toshiba L10 BIOS that I can't find anywhere, but his mods should be "easy" to follow for those with more expertise.

There is also another step in case the BIOS doesn't correctly report the battery level, but that can be done later (it needs a HOLE2/3.ROM file from a similar laptop with the same platform/architecture and Vista/7 battery support, meaning I might need to do a scavenger hunt for service manuals...).

Acer Aspire 1680, Travelmate 4000/4500 original and modded BIOS (ATI)
Acer Aspire 1680, Travelmate 4000/4500 original and modded BIOS (Intel)
Acer Travelmate 2300 original and modded BIOS (Intel)

Acer Aspire 1640 original BIOS (3A06, Intel), this is the one I would like to mod.

There is also a "newer" BIOS for Acer Aspire 1640 supposedly for Vista (3B05), but it only removed the 64MB option video memory option from the 64MB/128MB/MaxDVMT list, and I couldn't boot from my Kingston USB pens with it. Oh, and the battery still wasn't detected...

Please, please help me!
find
quote
#2
Just found a ATAPI->HDD sATA caddy so now I can replace the old IDE HDD for a newer sATA model. All it's missing now is the battery mod so I can fully upgrade the outdated laptop to Windows 7. Can anyone help with the battery mod? I know how to recover from brick in case of failure, so feel free to try Wink
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)