Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223804
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119101
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169154
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274952

Intel Dual Core E5200 on Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 (rev. 2.1 & 3.x)
#1
Question 
Is possible to mod the bios for this mb...:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=2467

...to support E5200 CPU? there are a lot of other CPUS with 800 FSB supported but no E5200. Tried everything, no success.

direct link to latest bios, from 2007:
http://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/motherb...-s2_fi.exe

Thanks Rolleyes
find
quote
#2
I sincerely apologise for the delay in oour response. Due to the large amount of posts here , we do make errors and skip a few by accident! Tongue

I cant really help you with this but il forward an email to TheWiz , who is our resident CPU Support Wizard!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
oh, thanks for the reply! I'll wait! Shy

(02-11-2010, 02:52 AM)1234s282 Wrote: I sincerely apologise for the delay in oour response. Due to the large amount of posts here , we do make errors and skip a few by accident! Tongue

I cant really help you with this but il forward an email to TheWiz , who is our resident CPU Support Wizard!

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#4
Hey Webright,

Finally got a chance to check out your case here. I am very confused why you are having trouble though. Even though the CPU is not llisted, the E6300 is supported, which means plopping in a E5200 should still work. Please fill me in on the details.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
yes, it should work, but it isn't... Shy

gigabyte replyied saying that they will not update the bios anymore.

On BIOS Setup, doesn't exist a multiplier setting so cpu clock stays at 1500mhz. I believe that the problem is the multiplier, as all other settings seems to be right, double checked with processor specs.

Thank you TheWiz Smile

(02-16-2010, 11:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey Webright,

Finally got a chance to check out your case here. I am very confused why you are having trouble though. Even though the CPU is not llisted, the E6300 is supported, which means plopping in a E5200 should still work. Please fill me in on the details.

Thanks,
TheWiz
find
quote
#6
Well, the multiplier will be set correctly when it picks up the right proccessor, so that makes sense. I'll keep working on it though. Also, I jsut want to make sure you have Gigabyte Dual BIOS or not.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#7
This board doesn't support real dual bios, only a 'virtual' dual. I've recovered it from a bad flash already, so... please, feel free Smile

(02-17-2010, 08:05 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Well, the multiplier will be set correctly when it picks up the right proccessor, so that makes sense. I'll keep working on it though. Also, I jsut want to make sure you have Gigabyte Dual BIOS or not.

TheWiz
find
quote
#8
Hey webright,

Sorry its been so long. Toto many mods, such little time. By Friday or Saturday , I will have your new BIOS posted.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
Lightbulb 
Smile thank you.

(02-24-2010, 08:22 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey webright,

Sorry its been so long. Toto many mods, such little time. By Friday or Saturday , I will have your new BIOS posted.

TheWiz
find
quote
#10
All Done (or at least I think so) I updated the Microcode to a more recent version that included the E5200 microcode with others. Your bios went from 73K of Microcode to 123K of Microcode.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/9GZMS21.BIN

Good Luck!
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)