Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424120
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3551
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223708
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6734
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309485
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20213
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169133
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5732
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61102
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Intel T9550 for Dell Inspiron 1420
#21
There is only one way - overclocking by clock generator programming. Try to find suitable software.
find
quote
#22
(01-17-2022, 11:55 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: There is only one way - overclocking by clock generator programming. Try to find suitable software.

Do you have any suggestions?I tried SetFSB,Throttlestop,Clockgen,Systool,Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and several more programs but they doesn't work.I am currently testing CPU-tweaker but it shows "WARNING:CPU-Tweaker is only for CPU with Integrated Memory Controller!For your system,go on: www.tweakers.fr and download MemSet latest version".I downloaded the MemSet and I am wondering how to overclock via it.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#23
I'm not interested in that.
find
quote
#24
(01-18-2022, 12:09 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I'm not interested in that.

It's okay.I just thought you may know something.
find
quote
#25
Usually someone would remedy these issues with adding new microcode for the chips, but your system can only support processors with an 800MHz front side bus. I'd say go for the T8300 (2.4, 3MB L2) or the T9300 (2.5, 6MB L2)

It's always best to double check the processors supported by your chipset. I've wasted hours trying to put CPUs in to different systems just for the computer not to boot with it, let alone have it perform worse than what was in there originally.

The only chipsets I know of that can't run 1066MHz chips would be anything on the Santa Rosa platform (i965GM included) and the Intel GL40. I'd say sell the T9550 (which you might not get much out of as it's a Core 2 Duo) and get yourself a T8300. Software overclocking isn't worth it either, and could potentially damage your system. I used a T8300 in a Latitude D630 ages ago and it ran so much better than even the big bad T7700 of the day. Those got real HOT. Glad you're stepping up from Merom, though.
find
quote
#26
(01-18-2022, 04:31 PM)k24a1 Wrote: Usually someone would remedy these issues with adding new microcode for the chips, but your system can only support processors with an 800MHz front side bus. I'd say go for the T8300 (2.4, 3MB L2) or the T9300 (2.5, 6MB L2)

It's always best to double check the processors supported by your chipset. I've wasted hours trying to put CPUs in to different systems just for the computer not to boot with it, let alone have it perform worse than what was in there originally.

The only chipsets I know of that can't run 1066MHz chips would be anything on the Santa Rosa platform (i965GM included) and the Intel GL40. I'd say sell the T9550 (which you might not get much out of as it's a Core 2 Duo) and get yourself a T8300. Software overclocking isn't worth it either, and could potentially damage your system. I used a T8300 in a Latitude D630 ages ago and it ran so much better than even the big bad T7700 of the day. Those got real HOT. Glad you're stepping up from Merom, though.

I used T5250(one of the slow Merom) and thought that T9550 would be compatible(just a little higher FSB I thought when buying it).The price of it is even cheaper than T9500,T8300 and many other but the speed is faster.Maybe next time when this CPU stop working I will just buy a X9000(and overclock it to 3++GHZ) and hope that by that time the CPU will be more cheaper.For now I will either stick to 2GHZ or trying software overclocking.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)