Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223803
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119100
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169153
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274951

LG Gram BIOS modding
#1
Guys, there's a bunch of BIOS settings that I need help with. I tried AI, but it didn't help much. I am a Linux user, and I have been struggling to get my Thunderbolt eGPU work. Ideally, I would also like some sort of an explanation for each of these settings:
  1. Should I enable "ACPI Auto Configuration"? Default is disabled.
  2. My laptop stays mostly docked: should I enable "IUER Dock"? (Disabled by default.)
  3. Should I enable "VTIO support"? (Disabled by default.)
Laptop is an LG Gram 2023, with a Phoenix BIOS. As you guys can imagine, LG support is useless in such matters. A further annoying issue is that the settings revert to the default values after a hard reboot: how can I prevent that from happening? I tried disabling the "self-healing" (or whatever it's called) feature, but that seems to be reverting to "Enabled" by itself, and not just when doing a hard reboot, but upon normal(!) reboots as well.
find
quote
#2
Completely new to the BIOS modding scene, so please go easy on me. Is there a tutorial anywhere for those like me, who are unhappy with their factory BIOS and would like to replace that with a properly working one? Something that takes one from scratch. Everything I've seen so far seems to pre-suppose more-or-less familiarity with the basics.

My case concerns the Phoenix BIOS on an LG Gram 17ZB90R, Raptor Lake-P. Apparently this laptop has its Thunderbolt PCIe lanes locked at Gen1 (2.5 GT/s) instead of Gen3/Gen4, which is outrageous, and completely defeats the purpose of a Thunderbolt port. See also here.

Many thanks!
find
quote
#3
Hello dear,

I don't have any solution for you but I'm looking for a BIOS dump for an LG Gram 17Z90R.
Would you be kind to share a full dump of your own motherboard ?

Best regards,

eXraZ
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)