Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425539
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310566
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 4930G BIOS Unlock
#1
Please help me unlock the advanced menus of this BIOS. The most important feature is Intel VT; other features are optional (of course it would be very nice if you also unlock all the others)
  • Manufacturer: Acer
  • Model: Aspire 4930G
  • BIOS type: InsydeH2O
  • BIOS version: 1.22 (2010/08/09)
  • BIOS link: [here]
The BIOS of this model (4930G) is almost the same as 4935G (see this post), so I borrow his pics (thanks Cool Zero)
[spoil]
[Image: IMGP1675-Small-.jpg]
[Image: IMGP1676-Small-.jpg]
[Image: IMGP1677-Small-.jpg]
[Image: IMGP1678-Small-.jpg]
[Image: IMGP1679-Small-.jpg]
[/spoil]
Please let me know if you need more info.
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(11-16-2011, 01:26 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe
Thank you.
I've just flashed your bios, the process finished successfully, the bios has been upgraded from 1.20 to 1.22, and there is an advanced menu
[Image: 20111117115308247.png]
However, intel virtualization (VT-x) has been turned off (I checked by SecurAble), and there is no option in bios to turn it on.
edit: EIST is also locked

find
quote
#4
I haven't touched any of that options, just unhide menus. Maybe this bios version disabled it, try flashing the unmodded one to see if that options are still disabled, or rollback to 1.20 and see if they are back.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(11-17-2011, 11:33 AM)camiloml Wrote: I haven't touched any of that options, just unhide menus. Maybe this bios version disabled it, try flashing the unmodded one to see if that options are still disabled, or rollback to 1.20 and see if they are back.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that VT-x and EIST are locked and/or not enabled by default, and I manually modified a few bits of version 1.20 to unlock/enable them. However, I cannot do the same thing for version 1.21 or 1.22, maybe because there are changes in the bios structure.
I found this service manual on the web with the images showing many interesting options, so I guessed that they are hidden; therefore I asked you to unlock them. Now I know I'm wrong.
find
quote
#6
Obviously that bios in the pdf if not your machine bios Smile

I will have a look to see if i can enable that optins for you.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

PStates (IST) Disabled, and VT (Vanderpool) enabled. Also tried to unhide Power menu.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
(11-17-2011, 12:02 PM)camiloml Wrote: Obviously that bios in the pdf if not your machine bios Smile

I will have a look to see if i can enable that optins for you.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

PStates (IST) Disabled, and VT (Vanderpool) enabled. Also tried to unhide Power menu.
Sorry for my late reply, I didn't know that there was new posts (maybe I've selected the wrong option when subscribing to the topic Sad )

I've just flashed your new bios, the version showed correctly (1.22), and the results are:
  • IST is disabled (as expected)
  • VT is enabled (as expected)
  • Unable to enter bios menu
I've tried to enter the bios menu twice but the laptop stopped responding.
Details:
  • Laptop shows "Press F2 to enter bios menu..."
  • F2 is pressed. Message is changed to "Please wait..."
  • Screen is cleared: black screen with a cursor (underscore _ ) at the top left hand corner. The cursor is not blinking.
  • Laptop stops responding. Even CtrlAltDel has no effect. (I have to unplug the power)
Please let me know if I need to provide more information or perform other tests. Thank you very much.


EDIT:
Can you tell me more about the options that you've unhidden? If they are not very important/not very useful, there's no need to spend effort to unlock them.
find
quote
#9
* bump.
didnt read your last post but my bios is also inaccesible for the moment. is there a work around for this?

and yes i have an acer aspire 4930g
find
quote
#10
Hi Sir,

Acer 4930G.

Can you help me unlock advanced menu and enable the 'Express card' ?
My laptop cannot recognize express card now.

I downloaded current 4930G mod, and both not working for me.

V1:AA_4390G_JAL90122_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe: no Express card option
V2:AA_4390G_JAL90122_UlkMenus_V2_ByCamiloml.exe; Cannot enter BIOS settings.


Thanks very much.

The official bios is attached


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.22_A_A.zip (Size: 2.36 MB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)