Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425532
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227449
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC BIOS Unlock
(02-26-2020, 05:16 PM)draklrd Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 05:31 PM)Odin Vex Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 06:32 PM)draklrd Wrote: Still have not gotten much information on what needs to be updated Asus did how ever release a new "not updated" bios I have included a copy from a resent bios update using this new bios that I backed up with my spi programmer.
I tried to flash my own bios.bin (just simple microcode updates, manually patched, without capsule signature, re-saved with amibcp) using:

AfuEfix64 STOCK.CAP /P /B /N /K /X /CLRCFG
Afugan MOD.BIN /GAN

I've managed to get a dump of my BIOS but the NVar regions were cleared. @draklrd, would you mind mentioning your backup's MAC, Serial, and an output from (Windows) cmd.exe "wmic csproduct get name,identifyingnumber,uuid"? I could rebuild my BIOS most likely.

Assuming some info from your backup:

Serial: Undetermined, thinking HCN0CV09641150H.
Model: 90NB0FV1-M01850
CN: BN15 ? (Is this from the Top Right by Serial Number on bottom of laptop?)
Unknown Var: 164636690005 (Wondering if this is the beginning of "RAM sticker", Top Right)
MAC: 18 31 BF 18 9C 04 (Which, eth or wlan?)
Realtek Country Code: ??? (Can you determine from Windows?)
UUID: AEEBC96E-8811-4874-8456-DFAB941C4AFA (May be out of order?)
OA30: ...

The sticker that usually goes onto the RAM slot contains info I could use too.

i will have to get my laptop its at home at the moment but i will take a look when i drop back by my house next. 

Thank you very much. Smile
find
quote
(02-26-2020, 05:57 PM)Odin Vex Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 05:16 PM)draklrd Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 05:31 PM)Odin Vex Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 06:32 PM)draklrd Wrote: Still have not gotten much information on what needs to be updated Asus did how ever release a new "not updated" bios I have included a copy from a resent bios update using this new bios that I backed up with my spi programmer.
I tried to flash my own bios.bin (just simple microcode updates, manually patched, without capsule signature, re-saved with amibcp) using:

AfuEfix64 STOCK.CAP /P /B /N /K /X /CLRCFG
Afugan MOD.BIN /GAN

I've managed to get a dump of my BIOS but the NVar regions were cleared. @draklrd, would you mind mentioning your backup's MAC, Serial, and an output from (Windows) cmd.exe "wmic csproduct get name,identifyingnumber,uuid"? I could rebuild my BIOS most likely.

Assuming some info from your backup:



The sticker that usually goes onto the RAM slot contains info I could use too.

i will have to get my laptop its at home at the moment but i will take a look when i drop back by my house next. 

Thank you very much. Smile

Serial: Undetermined, thinking HCN0CV09641150H.  yes system serial number
Model: 90NB0FV1-M01850 <- not sure where this is from 
CN: BN15 ? (Is this from the Top Right by Serial Number on bottom of laptop?) GA69
Unknown Var: 164636690005 (Wondering if this is the beginning of "RAM sticker", Top Right) not sure on this 
MAC: 18 31 BF 18 9C 04 (Which, eth or wlan?) this is the mac of the wired port eth0
Realtek Country Code: ??? (Can you determine from Windows?) not sure but it is a US system
UUID: AEEBC96E-8811-4874-8456-DFAB941C4AFA (May be out of order?) odd all the digests are there but they are some what out of order 
OA30: ...
find
quote
(03-02-2020, 09:40 PM)draklrd Wrote: Serial: Undetermined, thinking HCN0CV09641150H.  yes system serial number
Model: 90NB0FV1-M01850 <- not sure where this is from 
CN: BN15 ? (Is this from the Top Right by Serial Number on bottom of laptop?) GA69
Unknown Var: 164636690005 (Wondering if this is the beginning of "RAM sticker", Top Right) not sure on this 
MAC: 18 31 BF 18 9C 04 (Which, eth or wlan?) this is the mac of the wired port eth0
Realtek Country Code: ??? (Can you determine from Windows?) not sure but it is a US system
UUID: AEEBC96E-8811-4874-8456-DFAB941C4AFA (May be out of order?) odd all the digests are there but they are some what out of order 
OA30: ...

Model: The model should be on the sticker inside, on the RAM slots, top-left.
BN15: I wonder what this could be then. Hm.
MAC: I have a MAC starting with 4C for my eth0. Might be a different build line.
UUID: They are supposed to be out of order. What order did you have? I have to repair mine but I'm not sure of placement yet.

Many thanks, again. Smile
find
quote
(03-02-2020, 11:43 PM)Odin Vex Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:40 PM)draklrd Wrote: Serial: Undetermined, thinking HCN0CV09641150H.  yes system serial number
Model: 90NB0FV1-M01850 <- not sure where this is from 
CN: BN15 ? (Is this from the Top Right by Serial Number on bottom of laptop?) GA69
Unknown Var: 164636690005 (Wondering if this is the beginning of "RAM sticker", Top Right) not sure on this 
MAC: 18 31 BF 18 9C 04 (Which, eth or wlan?) this is the mac of the wired port eth0
Realtek Country Code: ??? (Can you determine from Windows?) not sure but it is a US system
UUID: AEEBC96E-8811-4874-8456-DFAB941C4AFA (May be out of order?) odd all the digests are there but they are some what out of order 
OA30: ...

Model: The model should be on the sticker inside, on the RAM slots, top-left.  60nb0fv0-mb1012
BN15: I wonder what this could be then. Hm.
MAC: I have a MAC starting with 4C for my eth0. Might be a different build line.
UUID: They are supposed to be out of order. What order did you have? I have to repair mine but I'm not sure of placement yet.





Many thanks, again. Smile
find
quote
@Lost_N_BIOS: I once found an AMD rig that had some very low-end CPU in it and at the time I threw in a Athlon 64 X2 6400+. Although the BIOS didn't recognize it, Linux and Windows were able to use it entirely, AMD-V and all. I mention this because I'm in a position to buy a 3700X and I'm wondering about the GL702ZC's P-State management and whether or not the BIOS may hopefully still toggle everything correctly on upgrade.

I'd love to find a way to disable all but 4 cores at decent speed when on battery to stop that 600MHz crap from happening. Running ZenStates (modified) to automatically disable all throttling but regardless, when switching to battery, they down-clock of course.
find
quote
I check almost every other day, just waiting for that GLORIOUS DAY!
find
quote
(06-25-2020, 09:21 PM)knopix Wrote: I check almost every other day, just waiting for that GLORIOUS DAY!

Yes, being able to upgrade from Ryzen 7 1700 to Ryzen 7 3700X will be glorious!
find
quote
Maybe we need to make some donations?
find
quote
If someone can bring unlocked BIOS to the community it will be well paid and get eternal respect.

Upgrade to AMD Ryzen 9 3900 will be glorious indeed.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)