Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3543
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 247
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119091
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6731
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309476
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61901
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 560
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20209
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169125
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6254
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 761
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5730
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61095
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274933
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 879

[REQUEST] Huawei Matebook X Pro Unlock
#1
Hi guys, for hackintosh purposes, I would be pleased to have the advanced menu of my laptop unlocked, and change my DVMT value to 96 or 128mb although I think the max might be 64mb, and the DVMT Total Gfx Mem set to max. I tried to change the values with EFI Shell but it outputs an error when I type setup_var 0xDF 0x2.(error: 0x000000000000000008)
Laptop:
HUAWEI Matebook X Pro I7 16G+512GB (Mach-W29C)
insydeh20

How should I Dump my bios? I have a .FD bios file, but I don't think that's it.
Thank you all!
find
quote
#2
Hi, I need the advanced menu of the Matebook X Pro bios for hackintosh reasons. 

Model: Huawei Matebook X Pro i5 8gb 256gb (MACH-W19C)
Bios: InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0
Bios image: https://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/tkbapp/d...eId=962390
Bios dump: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rx2v2jw49b...8.rom/file

Thank you in advance,
Stu
find
quote
#3
Hello Stu2014, how did you make bios dump? I have a Matebook D also with Rev 5...full bios lockdown Sad
To make H2OFFT work, I had to change platform.ini, look for Bios_Version_Check and set Flag=0
then 
then added
[BackupROM]
Flag=1
FilePath=
FileName=

Process ran, but no bios dump was made in H2OFFT folder, so then tried
[BackupROM]
Flag=1
FilePath=c:
FileName=bios.rom

Still no dump was created.
Any suggestions? Did you use another process?

thanks,
Davee
find
quote
#4
UEFITool can open BIOS_Capsule.FD directly.
After opening BIOS_Capsule.FD in UEFITool, I found SetupUtility in it by doing Ctrl-F for "SetupUtility".
Then I did "Extract as is" to a .FFS file.
[Image: UEFITool-SetupUtility.png]
You can then use Universal IFR Extractor to parse the .FFS into a txt file like
.txt   setup IFR.txt (Size: 1.26 MB / Downloads: 2) .
I'm currently trying to follow donovan6000's guide, which says you can then use IDA Pro modify the menus, after dumping the individual volumes using PhoenixTool.
The IFR says the address for the Advanced menu is 0xA7A84. I found that in IDA Pro here:
[Image: IDA-Pro-Setup.png]
I don't understand what to do from here. By the way, this is on a 2019 MateBook X Pro (MACHR-W29) so the values you see will be different. I'm trying to slightly raise the 90°C TCC activation temperature. I also want to change the fan curve. Looks like they are using Active Trip Points in Platform Thermal Configuration to control it. Or those might be dummy settings and the actual control is in the EC.

I tried using the setup_var method to directly change the settings, but multiple settings in the Setup IFR have the same address! Can somebody explain how to deal with that?

We'll eventually need a way to flash the modified image. Is there a way to package the modified contents back into a .FD?
The official "BIOS Upgrade Guide" in the BIOS package downloaded from Huawei's support site shows using Insyde H2OFFT (Flash Firmware Tool) 5.65 to update BIOS, but that guide appears to be written for the MateBook E.

find
quote
#5
I was looking into getting the advanced options on my Matebook X Pro (2018) aswell and while I'm not experienced at all with modding BIOSes I thought I'd share my findings here.

First thing that I'm not sure about is whether the hidden form sets are invisible because all their content is greyed-out/suppressed or if there's a explicit line somewhere that sets the entire form set to hidden. Though I couldn't find anything like that so I assume it's the former..
That leads me to thinking that if just one part of Advanced Menu is unhidden, we should see the Advanced tab show up..



I found a version of H2O's EZE which warns me when opening the .bin file about it being singed and that it would need to be re-signed after making any changes. So I guess it's a signed BIOS and unless we figure out the signature and the re-sign progress we would be unable to flash the modded (unsigned) BIOS.

Also I think I saw some Intel Boot Guard stuff while looking through the BIOS.. not good for BIOS mod attempts from what I've read

Anyway, H20EZE is a GUI programm that does not only expose all the (otherwise hidden) options but also allows you to overwrite the defaults for each setting which I think could be the best/easiest way of modding the BIOS without the need of HEX and stuff.

I've uploaded H20EZE and a bunch of tools I found during my investigations here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
find
quote
#6
Manufacturer: Huawei
Model: Matebook X Pro 2021
BIOS dump (dumped with fptw64)

Hello, could someone please unlock the advanced tab?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)