Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425677
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310644
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
LENOVO G500

SYSTEM MODEL: 20236
BIOS VERSION: 78CN25WW V2.03
CURRENT WIFI CARD: BROADCOM 802.11n NETWORK ADAPTER

Hi all,

Like most of you on this forum, I'd like to remove my whitelist so I can replace my WLAN card to an Intel Dual Band AC-7260. I'm pretty new to this bios modding stuff so any help if error arises would be much appreciated. I'd just like to say that the modders on this website are miracle workers and really deserve to be praised highly for their work.

Here are my results, https://www.sendspace.com/file/e7faw3

Highest Regards
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 04:37 PM)bkhan24 Wrote: LENOVO G500

SYSTEM MODEL: 20236
BIOS VERSION: 78CN25WW V2.03
CURRENT WIFI CARD: BROADCOM 802.11n NETWORK ADAPTER

Hi all,

Like most of you on this forum, I'd like to remove my whitelist so I can replace my WLAN card to an Intel Dual Band AC-7260. I'm pretty new to this bios modding stuff so any help if error arises would be much appreciated. I'd just like to say that the modders on this website are miracle workers and really deserve to be praised highly for their work.

Here are my results, https://www.sendspace.com/file/e7faw3

Highest Regards

78CN25WW_ADV_NWL_bkhan24
http://rghost.net/8lVC6Y5Ld
Look README to update.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 08:28 PM)sovem Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 04:37 PM)bkhan24 Wrote: LENOVO G500

SYSTEM MODEL: 20236
BIOS VERSION: 78CN25WW V2.03
CURRENT WIFI CARD: BROADCOM 802.11n NETWORK ADAPTER

Hi all,

Like most of you on this forum, I'd like to remove my whitelist so I can replace my WLAN card to an Intel Dual Band AC-7260. I'm pretty new to this bios modding stuff so any help if error arises would be much appreciated. I'd just like to say that the modders on this website are miracle workers and really deserve to be praised highly for their work.

Here are my results, https://www.sendspace.com/file/e7faw3

Highest Regards

78CN25WW_ADV_NWL_bkhan24
http://rghost.net/8lVC6Y5Ld
Look README to update.

Hi sovem, 

     I appreciate the modded bios file but for some reason this error came up when i clicked on the flash.bat application in the modified folder: 

This version of C:\Users\BK\Desktop\Modified\prr.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.
Flashing BIOS region backup.
This version of C:\Users\BK\Desktop\Modified\fpt.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

I have a 64 bit Windows and it says that prr.exe and fpt.exe cannot run due to incompatibility. What should I do now?

Thank You
find
quote
Update from pure DOS with USB-bootable
Type flash.bat to update.
(Look README?)

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 09:20 PM)sovem Wrote: Update from pure DOS with USB-bootable
Type flash.bat to update.
(Look README?)

I'm sorry but like I said, I'm completely new to this so I'm not exactly sure what that means. I understand I need a USB but what do I exactly need to do?


Thanks for bearing with me
find
quote
Update from pure DOS with USB-bootable stick
See how to make one here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-c...usb-drive/

https://app.box.com/s/w8xgrhpwf2nx0kamfkc0

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

Copy the "Modified" folder contents into the stick and boot in DOS mode and
Run Flash.bat to update.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 09:37 PM)sovem Wrote: Update from pure DOS with USB-bootable stick
See how to make one here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-c...usb-drive/

https://app.box.com/s/w8xgrhpwf2nx0kamfkc0

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

Copy the "Modified" folder contents into the stick and boot in DOS mode and
Run Flash.bat to update.

So I followed exactly the directions on how to make one and it said that it should automatically boot into dos once restarting the system which clearly it didn't because the same errors popped up when trying to run Flash.bat. How do I boot into DOS mode exactly and is it the same as safe mode? I have Windows 10. I'm currently formatting my device and trying the whole process again. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 09:37 PM)sovem Wrote: Update from pure DOS with USB-bootable stick
See how to make one here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-c...usb-drive/

https://app.box.com/s/w8xgrhpwf2nx0kamfkc0

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

Copy the "Modified" folder contents into the stick and boot in DOS mode and
Run Flash.bat to update.

The files that I have in my Modified Folder: 

BACK.bin
Flash
fparts
fpt
prr

I don't know if this helps but I extracted my results and looked over the various readme's and there were a lot of errors such as "[FPTw.exe] cannot be run on the current platform" and "Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access. Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers." 

Do these errors prevent me from modding my bios? 

Thanks
find
quote
Copy 5 files into USB-Bootable, boot to DOS and type: flash.bat [enter].
Again enter to continue.
(What is FPTw.exe?)

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
(09-15-2015, 11:03 PM)sovem Wrote: Copy 5 files into USB-Bootable, boot to DOS and type: flash.bat [enter].
Again enter to continue.
(What is FPTw.exe?)

I copied the five files into the flash drive and I made a free pure DOS on that drive using Rufus but how do I boot into DOS? 

Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)