Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425684
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310652
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
private file, cant download

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
(05-03-2014, 11:04 AM)felipejfc Wrote: private file, cant download

narf, sorry for that.
new url: http://rghost.net/54909810
find
quote
(05-03-2014, 01:13 PM)woita Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 11:04 AM)felipejfc Wrote: private file, cant download

narf, sorry for that.
new url: http://rghost.net/54909810

Here HP USB Format Tool, use it to prepare an USB DOs Formatted Bootable :

http://rapidgator.net/file/aed7999f2b7fe...W.rar.html

Copy all files from "modified" folder to your USB Stick and boot in Dos from USB :

http://rghost.net/54910699

Follow ReadMe.txt instruction to flash your Bios.
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(05-03-2014, 02:01 PM)BDMaster Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 01:13 PM)woita Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 11:04 AM)felipejfc Wrote: private file, cant download

narf, sorry for that.
new url: http://rghost.net/54909810

Here HP USB Format Tool, use it to prepare an USB DOs Formatted Bootable :

http://rapidgator.net/file/aed7999f2b7fe...W.rar.html

Copy all files from "modified" folder to your USB Stick and boot in Dos from USB :

http://rghost.net/54910699

Follow ReadMe.txt instruction to flash your Bios.
Let me know
Regards

Hi,
thanks so much.
Some questions though (I want to make sure to not brick my notebook):
In the meantime I downgraded my BIOS to 2.01. Can I still flash your ROM, i.e. is it a complete patched 2.03 or would I have to upgrade to vanilla 2.03 before flashing yours? (which is a problem since 2.03 can't be downloaded from Lenovo page. Can I just use the backup I created with Universal BIOS Backup with fpt.exe to get back to stock 2.03?)

Another thing that bothers me: Is there any way to add some advanced options (like VRAM settings) to that BIOS? I'm having trouble getting OS X running cleanly and I think it's a VRAM issue.

TiA
woita
find
quote
Hi again,
looks like having a way to adjust my Video RAM really could help me a lot. I figured it's hardwired to 32 MB (for FB) right now, I need to experimentally set it to 64 MB.

Can you help me with that? Do I need to open another thread in another forum?

Also, I still need to figure out if I can safely apply your patched 2.03-ROM over my downgraded 2.01 or not.

Regards
woita
find
quote
(05-05-2014, 06:32 PM)woita Wrote: Hi again,
looks like having a way to adjust my Video RAM really could help me a lot. I figured it's hardwired to 32 MB (for FB) right now, I need to experimentally set it to 64 MB.

Can you help me with that? Do I need to open another thread in another forum?

Also, I still need to figure out if I can safely apply your patched 2.03-ROM over my downgraded 2.01 or not.

Regards
woita

Hi friend,
This mod is done on your backup and Bios in Eeprom have to be the same like
that modified to flash after.
So I don't suggest to downgrade before flash modded one.
This mod is to Remove Whitelist not to Menu Tabs Unlock that It's possible to get it too, but I have to realize.
I can say that many users whose modified their VRam setting bricked laptop.
May be You can Recover your bios if It brick, but It's your choice.
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
Hi again,
thanx for the information.

So you suggest me not to use your patched version to return to 2.03.
I guess it's also not a good idea to use my backed up 2.03 BIOS (the one I gave to you) to flash from 2.01 to 2.03? (it's only 4MB as well, compared to ~8MB for the official 2.01 ROM)
Looks like I'm stuck on 2.01 then (no official 2.03 download on Lenovo page - only 2.03 ROMs I have is yours and my backup) - which is not that big a deal.

However, I would have to kindly ask you to remove the WiFi Whitelist from that 2.01-BIOS I'm currently on as well. And once you're there, I would like to give the VRAM-settings a try. Basically it's the same notebook and BIOS than this guy has: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...enovo-G500 and he didn't seem to brick his notebook...

So here's my 2.01 backup (78CN23WW - dl on Lenovo http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn23ww.exe):
http://rghost.net/54983619

and the FPT-backup you requested in the other thread as well - just in case:
http://rghost.net/54983631

Regards
woita
find
quote
hi there i have a lenovo g500 that i'm wanting to change wifi cards in.
My version says 78CN24WW(2.02)

Back up is here Smile https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua2vajaua83boq....02%29.rom

Oh and its windows 8
find
quote
Hey,
sorry to bother again.

My WiFi card has arrived and I'm unsure what to do.
I'm too "scared" to go back to 2.03 without an official ROM.

So I could really need some help in someone removing the whitelist from the 2.01-backup I uploaded in the last post.
If possible enabling of Advanced Options in that patched BIOS would be great - so I could finally figure out my video issues.

TiA again
woita
find
quote
(05-10-2014, 07:00 AM)woita Wrote: Hey,
sorry to bother again.

My WiFi card has arrived and I'm unsure what to do.
I'm too "scared" to go back to 2.03 without an official ROM.

So I could really need some help in someone removing the whitelist from the 2.01-backup I uploaded in the last post.
If possible enabling of Advanced Options in that patched BIOS would be great - so I could finally figure out my video issues.

TiA again
woita

Ok I will try to patch v.2.01 (your backup) to get No Whitelist and Unlock Menu.
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)