Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

[REQUEST] Lenovo T495 BIOS unlock
#1
I have recently purchased a Lenovo T495. It came with a Fibocom WWAN card. This card works in Windows but not in Linux because the Fibocom driver in Linux doesnt know how to switch the chip from PCIe mode to USB mode. Fibocom states that the user should disable PCIe in the BIOS to make it work but Lenovo does not have that option in the stock BIOS and Lenovo support tried to "fix" the issue by telling me to send it in for repair.

I would like to have the BIOS unlocked to show all the features/options. Hopefully it includes the ability to change the mode of the WWAN card. It would also be nice to be able to install other WWAN cards that do work OOTB. Apparently Lenovo didnt add the USB mode of the Fibocom WWAN to the whitelist either so I would assume the whitelist needs to be fixed too.

My laptop model is: 20NJCTO1WW

My current BIOS version is: R12ET35W1.05

The WWAN chip is the Fibocom L850-GL

I have attached the newest BIOS which based on the readme fixes basically nothing except something to do with the LIPC.

I have also noticed that for some reason in both Windows and Linux, my Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD caps out at 800MB/s Read/Write even though the laptop supports NVMe.


.zip   r12uj41w.zip (Size: 9.46 MB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
#2
Hey KRDucky did you get any progress on this?
I also bought an T495 with the L850-GL installed and was actually quite pissed when I found out that there's no Linux support for this modem. Also, the L850-GL is the only Modem listed as compatible, in comparison to e.g. the T490, where you could switch to an (USB-Mode only) L830-EB.
The workaround working for other people (on-the fly switching of the L850-GL into USB mode, https://github.com/abrasive/xmm7360/) did not work for me either (USB device doesn't appear). I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any hint how to get WWAN working on my Laptop..
find
quote
#3
(12-15-2019, 05:36 AM)the_tiger Wrote: Hey KRDucky did you get any progress on this?
I also bought an T495 with the L850-GL installed and was actually quite pissed when I found out that there's no Linux support for this modem. Also, the L850-GL is the only Modem listed as compatible, in comparison to e.g. the T490, where you could switch to an (USB-Mode only) L830-EB.
The workaround working for other people (on-the fly switching of the L850-GL into USB mode,  https://github.com/abrasive/xmm7360/) did not work for me either (USB device doesn't appear). I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any hint how to get WWAN working on my Laptop..

Based on the difficulty and high change of failure, I gave up on this endeavor and reinstalled Winblows. I plan to get rid of this expensive paperweight and buy a System76 laptop soon. I should have either bought a T480 or a System76 machine. Dont trust Lenovo to make good AMD machines.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)