Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[REQUEST] Lenovo T520 (8AETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(04-09-2014, 05:25 AM)ArcherSeven Wrote: I got a whitelist removed previously in a thread that people have stopped responding to on here and am looking for some help. I got a new Sierra Wireless MC7700 WWAN card and this laptop, regardless of OS, detects it on hotplug then proceeds to disable it completely within a few seconds. The problem cannot be reproduced on my netbook. I'm having a hard time figuring this out and wonder if when I had my previous whitelist removal request it might not have covered this card, so I was wondering, how it worked and if it could somehow be related to this issue. I'm now using a non-stock wlan and non-stock wwan card in the laptop.

Any information would be appreciated.

Previous thread: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...uj24us-exe

Laptop: Thinkpad T520 BIOS 1.44
Netbook: stock bios Lenovo S10-3

Hi friend,
I don't understand all You said, can You clear better ?
You have got a Bios Mod from Sovem and It worked ? right ?
Now You changed WiFi Card on your laptop "I got a new Sierra Wireless MC7700 WWAN card and this laptop", so your laptop is always the same ?
You thinks that Mod from Sovem is not complete and this Sierra Wireless MC7700 WWAN card is exluded into Mod and can lock laptop yet ?
If do You think so I can give a look to Sovem Mod and reply, but You have to reupload these files You got for me, so I can compare to see the modifies.
Let me know
Regards

Your Brain . . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!!
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hello Sovem, i briked my laptop trying to flash a moded bios from this forum to remove whitelist Sad Flashed the bios went ok but after reboot the power button blinks and no screen no bios post.... i didn't make a backup to my old bios(i know ..i'm stupid) . I have an external programmer tl866 and i removed the bios chip and i want to try to program the chip.. the problem is that i don't know what to flash beacuse the .exe file from the lenovo site has 3 files : $01C9100.FL1 / $01C9100.FL2 / $01C9110.FL2 . I tried to flash the firs file but when i loaded into the program nothing shows..only 00 ff00 ff like a blank chip. I spend days trying to find a bios dump for this laptop but no luck Sad Plese can you help me? is there anything to be done? The link with the bios download :

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products...0/4243/4wg

I'm waiting for your answer.. Thankyou in advance, have a nice day.
find
Ok friend,
You corrupted all Eeprom Chip contains and We cannot recover nothing !
The Original File is not all Firmware so it is very difficult to extract something useful !
Can You upload the Chip Dump to see what is into ?
I will try to help You !
Regards

find
Hello BDMaster, thank you for your quick answer , i am extremely grateful for your help.. today after i posted here, i went to a laptop repair service in my area, i gave him the chip and he said that the chip was unreadable..he tried with three different programmers so in that case gave me another empty new bios chip and a bios.bin file that has exactly 8Mb size..(the .FL1 from lenovo site has 8.24Mb or something like that). So i went home flashed the bin on the new bios chip and guess what..the laptop came to life! the joy didn t last long..there are two problems:
1 - on boot shows ''me is in recovery state''
2- when the laptop enters in stand by ..he never wakes up only if i remove the battery and power on again.
I attached two pictures , original bios chipset and the replacement chip. Tomorow i will attach the bios.bin that i have from the repair guy...now my original chip gone to the trash..he said is corrupted and there's nothing to be done. The chipset code 25Q064A. I just wanna try to fix my laptop to work like before..i regret so much because i didn't make a backup Sad This is the motherboard serial number: LKN3 UMA H0220-3 48.4KE34.031 .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Ok let me see that file !
Regards

find
(04-07-2015, 03:34 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok let me see that file !
Regards

Here you go my friend..

Attached Files
.bin   T520bios.BIN (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 26)
find
This is the 8AET57WW version and is good for You, I can sugget to update this Bios using
Original file from Lenovo site !
It is the lonely version available on internet (leaked of Descriptor) so You have to try
to find some user who get same laptop to read the firmware.
Let me know
Regards

find
I tried..doesen't workSad i recorded the laptop screen while trying to update with the latest bios from the lenovo site...look https://youtu.be/_GMt9xCR7t8
find
Ok use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file :

http://rghost.net/7GBZt7FVt

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

find
I used both tools..

Attached Files
.rar   results.rar (Size: 2.1 MB / Downloads: 16)
.rar   LENOVO-8AET57WW(1.37).rar (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 19)
find