Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227639
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

[REQUEST] Lenovo T520 (8AETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#11
Greetings, powerful dev/moderator -

I'd be extremely grateful for a modded BIOS for this - I guess it's too new to be common, but at some point I'd think this is going to be a popular request. I checked but didn't see this in the BIOS repository.

I have a ThinkPad T520 (4239-CTO) currently using BIOS v1.43. It uses an Intel 6300 AGN card, but I'd like to use my new Intel 7260 AC card in it.

Download link to 1.43 BIOS:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj24us.exe

Current wireless card:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086&REV_3E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_0280

Again - thanks in advance.

Bruce
find
quote
#12
(07-27-2013, 05:05 PM)blautens Wrote: Greetings, powerful dev/moderator -

I'd be extremely grateful for a modded BIOS for this - I guess it's too new to be common, but at some point I'd think this is going to be a popular request. I checked but didn't see this in the BIOS repository.

I have a ThinkPad T520 (4239-CTO) currently using BIOS v1.43. It uses an Intel 6300 AGN card, but I'd like to use my new Intel 7260 AC card in it.

Download link to 1.43 BIOS:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj24us.exe

Current wireless card:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086&REV_3E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&CC_0280

Again - thanks in advance.

Bruce

WL removed.
Bios mod: THINKPAD_T520_8AET63WW_8auj24us_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/eptlwiogd0srrk0ikaii
Look README to update. Please post results.
find
quote
#13
WL removed.
Bios mod: THINKPAD_T520_8AET63WW_8auj24us_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/eptlwiogd0srrk0ikaii
Look README to update. Please post results.
[/quote]

Holy f--k that was fast. I'll try it and post the results in a few hours. Thanks!
find
quote
#14
[/quote]

WL removed.
Bios mod: THINKPAD_T520_8AET63WW_8auj24us_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/eptlwiogd0srrk0ikaii
Look README to update. Please post results.
[/quote]

I apologize for the delay - toddler wore me down. This works perfectly - no beeping at boot, nothing unusual, just wireless connections reporting (yeah, I know, it's not real) 780Mbps! Thank you very much!

For those curious, Intel has finally released drivers to the public for the 7260 HMW 802.11ac dual band card with BT 4.0 (previously they referred you to an OEM, as the card is currently OEM only, even though a few vendors are already selling them retail), so the hunt for drivers is over.

So with your excellent BIOS, a screwdriver and Amazon, the card seems like a good deal (assuming you have an 802.11ac router, of course).

Kudos to you, sir!

(One thing - I can't seem to find a "donate" button on your signature or profile?)
find
quote
#15
(07-28-2013, 07:49 AM)blautens Wrote: I apologize for the delay - toddler wore me down. This works perfectly - no beeping at boot, nothing unusual, just wireless connections reporting (yeah, I know, it's not real) 780Mbps! Thank you very much!

For those curious, Intel has finally released drivers to the public for the 7260 HMW 802.11ac dual band card with BT 4.0 (previously they referred you to an OEM, as the card is currently OEM only, even though a few vendors are already selling them retail), so the hunt for drivers is over.

So with your excellent BIOS, a screwdriver and Amazon, the card seems like a good deal (assuming you have an 802.11ac router, of course).

Kudos to you, sir!

(One thing - I can't seem to find a "donate" button on your signature or profile?)

Thanks for feedback.
No need "donate" Smile
find
quote
#16
Hey, thanks for the mod. I use Linux so I was wondering if it would be safe to flash the mod using a DOS bootable to run the executable.
find
quote
#17
(09-20-2013, 09:39 PM)ArcherSeven Wrote: Hey, thanks for the mod. I use Linux so I was wondering if it would be safe to flash the mod using a DOS bootable to run the executable.

Latest version: v1.44 (8AET64WW)
WL removed.
- Bios mod for windows: ThinkPad_T520_T520i_8auj25us_8AET64WW_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/ytmiv9h16oknqgy28ck1

- Bios mod for DOS (ISO image file for bootable CD): ThinkPad_T520_T520i_8auj25us_8AET64WW_NWL_CD-FLASH
https://app.box.com/s/wmrdaukj8wi3xtazz1um

Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#18
hmm. I made the mistake of flashing the latest official BIOS (actually, unintentionally :/) aand now the updater exits saying "No need to update at this time." I tried downgrading, same result. Any hope for a hack to force the updater to run, or a mod_NWL.exe that dos can run? Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#19
(09-20-2013, 11:44 PM)ArcherSeven Wrote: hmm. I made the mistake of flashing the latest official BIOS (actually, unintentionally :/) aand now the updater exits saying "No need to update at this time." I tried downgrading, same result. Any hope for a hack to force the updater to run, or a mod_NWL.exe that dos can run? Thanks for your help.

Try this from DOS: ThinkPad_T520_T520i_8auj25us_8AET64WW_NWL_DOS
http://rghost.net/48874182
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#20
(09-21-2013, 02:21 AM)sovem Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 11:44 PM)ArcherSeven Wrote: hmm. I made the mistake of flashing the latest official BIOS (actually, unintentionally :/) aand now the updater exits saying "No need to update at this time." I tried downgrading, same result. Any hope for a hack to force the updater to run, or a mod_NWL.exe that dos can run? Thanks for your help.

Try this from DOS: ThinkPad_T520_T520i_8auj25us_8AET64WW_NWL_DOS
http://rghost.net/48874182
Look README to update. Please post results.

Thanks for the help. The DOS mode mod ran/flashed but failed to remove the whitelist. My roommate let me borrow his hard drive to boot Windows, then, and I successfully used the Windows mod. You have saved me a lot of effort, thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)